The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

New COLOR dye mods.

mashthekeys

I would really love to see some new colors in the dye mods. Seems to be a lot of the same colors being added, or a new color plus BLACK or a new color plus WHITE. Personaly find Black and White are the most boring of colors.

Any chance of adding some new color combos, or even some different shades? I have noticed there are a few different shades of blue, gray, yellow, etc which is great, but I would love to see some of those "in between" colors also. Eg- Turquoise, Fuscia, Maroon, Indigo, perhaps even deeper oranges and greens.

I was pretty disappointed (in many ways) by the dyes, in that they really didn't add any new colors. They are for the most part red, blue, green, black, lighter blue etc. There's no cobalt, midnight blue, crimson, gunmetal etc. I was really hoping they have better colors. There is a sort of midnight blue that is on some trooper armor that would be a great color to have. It's on the lvl 40 PvP medic armor I believe. The gunmetal/dark gray that is on the EWH Combat medic armor is great too.

▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀▀▀

Those colors aren't getting displayed the same way here as they did in the color picker I used but you get the idea. I want some more variation of hues. What we have now basically amounts to a dev. picking one color and sliding the saturation up and down.

Edited by Capt_Beers

They can (and should) still add a LOT of combos just with just the existing colors.

Not that I want to shoot your idea down, but just pointing out the current selection available is very, very, limited. For no good reason. Especially if you discard all the extremely ugly and all the extremely expensive combos, there just isn't much choice, months after the dye system was introduced.

• 5 months later...
Those are great suggestions. I'd really love a teal dye. Anything that could be called bluish green or greenish blue. They need to branch out from the pale/light/medium/deep/dark shades of the same 9 colors and start mixing it up to get more hues. Peach. Magenta. Cornflower. Lime. Olive. Get creative.