The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

can he still get banned

akazippyhurst

hi we just had some join our guild claming to be a high ranking member and he stole a ton i mean a ton of stuff from our guild bank and then told us he was a troll and that he was gonna send the stuff to his alt. can he get banned for this? also can he just delete the toon that we reported and then just vanish?

probably a slap on the wrist at best. not much bioware would be able to do about it.

to avoid this in the future, have said person verify with the person that will do the inviting on TS/vent/mumble, or in guild chat on their main. a guild i was in recently had a similar problem. also if you can afford it, make separate bank tabs for special items you dont wanna lose and set the restrictions allowing only a few high ranking players access.

Post in General discussion next time, this section is about the Expanded Universe.

As for your problem, yes he can be banned, and yes you can get your stuff back. On occasion before, bioware has been able to take the items, unbind them and return them to you, pull out the works, email, ticket, post this in the customer service section, do it all :p

hi we just had some join our guild claming to be a high ranking member and he stole a ton i mean a ton of stuff from our guild bank and then told us he was a troll and that he was gonna send the stuff to his alt. can he get banned for this? also can he just delete the toon that we reported and then just vanish?

You can report him, he can be banned, and possibly all the stuff he stole might be returned.

He can't hide his tracks by deleting his character, since they keep automated records of all transactions (mail, removing from guild bank, putting in guild bank, selling on GTN, etc), so if you report him he will get banned.