The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Race Changes?

rmsanford

Will we ever have the option of paying (maybe $25) to change our race? I have a 45 Cyborg Bounty Hunter that I really wish I'd created as a Sith or Rattataki. Now that Cathar's are available, I wouldn't mind changing it to one fo those either. Cyborgs are just boring.

And I really don't feel like recreating a brand new Bounty Hunter just to get a different race.

You can do this already through a kiosk in the cartel bazaar (there's an elevator from the main level of the fleet). If I remember correctly, it costs 1,200 cartel coins (about $15 US) for a species you have unlocked.

If the species you want isn't available to you either through it being normally available to that class or from legacy unlocks, you'll have to purchase that too. AFAIK, species cost 400 cc (about $5 US) or 1,500,000 credits. The exception is Cathar, who are only available with cartel coins, and cost 600 cc.

Also, with every race change, you get to change all the other sliders once for free. For example, say you had a human sorc with skin tone 4. If you changed him to a twilek, you would also be allowed to change his skin tone. You wouldn't be stuck with whatever skin tone 4 is for twileks.

Hope this helps.

If the species you want isn't available to you either through it being normally available to that class or from legacy unlocks, you'll have to purchase that too. AFAIK, species cost 400 cc (about $5 US) or 1,500,000 credits. The exception is Cathar, who are only available with cartel coins, and cost 600 cc.

Oops, my bad. I checked last night, and all species cost 600 cc, not just cathar.