The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Monthly subscription for Cartel Coins

I would like to use my Cartel Coins to buy monthly subscription.

You always say you appreciate subscribers the most, now is the time to prove it.

NO

Why would bioware be giving away free subscription time? Cartel Coins are for in game purchases only. At that point why not make a better proposal for dropping the price of the subscription since from cost/demand standpoint if they dropped the price, more people might actually subscribe. They give away MILLIONS of coins each month to subscribers. That is basically them giving away free subscriptions every few months to those players. This is the same thing as asking to buy subscriptions with credits. And i will give the same enthusiastic answer.

There is no good that comes from this. There is no benefit other than (I want free subscription time). It makes zero sense from a business perspective, and make just as much sense from those paying for a subscription that actually want to see the game continue.

At that point why not make a better proposal for dropping the price of the subscription since from cost/demand standpoint if they dropped the price, more people might actually subscribe.

This is only a guess, they must have made calculations with unfavourable results. Maybe making a more attractive game would be a better solution?

They give away MILLIONS of coins each month to subscribers. That is basically them giving away free subscriptions every few months to those players. This is the same thing as asking to buy subscriptions with credits.

No, it is not the same, you can grind credits endlessly whereas the amount of free CC is limited. If a free month cost 4.000 CC, it would not be a big deal.

There is no good that comes from this.

No good for EA, you mean. What about the subscribers? If we are as important as they claim us to be, how about being generous towards those who do not wish to spend their CC in the CM?

It makes zero sense from a business perspective, and make just as much sense from those paying for a subscription that actually want to see the game continue.

I would like to see the game go on as well, but if it depends on a month or two free of subscription fee every year for a minority of players (who do not spend their CC in the CM), then they might as well shut the servers down already.

So you want to spend your free CC that they give you every month with your subscription to pay for your subscription? So you basically want to play free to play but with subscriber status.

I think it goes deeper than that:

Assuming a comparison between the best deal for CCs (5500 for $39.99) and the worst subscription rate of $14.99/month one can buy 5500CCs for ~$40 and play for three months for what would normally cost ~$45.

That being said, comparing best to best: six month subscription vs 5500CCs one is slightly better off subscribing: $74.97 vs $79.98.

So you want to spend your free CC that they give you every month with your subscription to pay for your subscription? So you basically want to play free to play but with subscriber status.

No. ATM I get 650 CC per month and let's just say I do not wish to spend it on CM items. If there was an option to use my CC for a free month (for example: 3.900 CC for a month), that would mean I get a free month after half a year. Considering the probable ammount of players not using their CC on CM items, it might be an insignificant change in their income.

No. ATM I get 650 CC per month and let's just say I do not wish to spend it on CM items. If there was an option to use my CC for a free month (for example: 3.900 CC for a month), that would mean I get a free month after half a year. Considering the probable ammount of players not using their CC on CM items, it might be an insignificant change in their income.

most people just use their free CC for collection unlocks and other ingame purchases not directly related to fluff (legacy unlocks, cargo access etc.).

How do you get 650 CC per month?

Subscriber = 500 coins

Security Key = 100 coins

What else is there?