Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Megapt's AP PvP Guide - Multiple Rotations, CD Management, different Gearing Setup

Megatfx

Just an FYI, if any of you ever used a Matrix Cube, double power relic, or absorb relic. Specifically Matrix Cube, then you bolster exploited. You can cut it any way you want, but that was using Bolster to your advantage to maximize your DPS output.

In the mentioned gear setup I lose over 1.5k hp for 20 bonus damage and less than 1% surge. Is it gamebreaking? Nope, will it give me a huge advantage over others? Nope. I just prefer having 20 extra bonus damage and 1% surge over 1.5k health. I will always itemize my character to have the highest possible damage output, I am a DPS, that is what I do. If they decide to change it, then I'll use my Obroan, but I'm not holding my breath because Matrix Cube still gives max expertise and bolsters to higher stats in warzones and I'm positive that prior to 2.4, 99% of you all were wearing it.

He who hath not sinned cast the first stone, the Matrix Cube was about or OVER a 20 bonus damage increase over guys who were using the lol 198 tech damage proc relic and didn't have the HP penalty that I have in Warzones/Arena. I at least lose something for that 20 bonus damage when everyone was running around in Matrix Cubes gaining 20 bonus damage and losing nothing. That's no more exploiting than what I'm doing, the only difference is you have to purchase the hilts,mods,enhancements, or use old EWH/WH, or actually run PvE to get it.

The issue with most people is that the effort, or credits required, bars them. If it was as simple as getting 3 matrix shards, I'm pretty positive all of you would be running it. I'm not trying to hide anything, I'm just sharing information to people who didn't know. I wasn't "caught", it's how I choose to itemize my gear, you can all choose to itemize it anyway you want, ignore my guide, idc. I'll just toss the Pyro one I was making.

I also have Obroan MH/OH with the same exact level 67 mods/enhancements in it and equivalent implants/earpieces so I'm always prepared for world pvp.

Edited by Megatfx

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly how important is the exact type of gear? Cause with PvE main and off and PvE implants I dont get the full 2018 expertise... I do get it with PvE implants and PvP main and off, rest is of course pvp gear. Is it specific to the weapon model or some such idiocy? :p

Would really love knowing how to get the full 2018 expertise without full pvp set.

Currently running with, all conquerer armor - mainly tech and 1 eliminator piece, conq earpiece, lvl 54 implants, conq relics, BBA Blaster with 28 mods, and custom generator with 28 mods. And in WZs my expertise with that setup is 1862, outside 1336. My theory was that it would add up the same in the end. Working on getting better gear, but it takes time.

Got Eliminator Main and Medic Off as well, and pvp implants. So running all of that I would still max out expertise...

Like I said in previous post, the issue seems to be around the "weapons". Wearing the 54 implants and having the pvp "weapons" I still get the 2018 expertise... So any ideas?

Would really love knowing how to get the full 2018 expertise without full pvp set.

Currently running with, all conquerer armor - mainly tech and 1 eliminator piece, conq earpiece, lvl 54 implants, conq relics, BBA Blaster with 28 mods, and custom generator with 28 mods. And in WZs my expertise with that setup is 1862, outside 1336. My theory was that it would add up the same in the end. Working on getting better gear, but it takes time.

Got Eliminator Main and Medic Off as well, and pvp implants. So running all of that I would still max out expertise...

Like I said in previous post, the issue seems to be around the "weapons". Wearing the 54 implants and having the pvp "weapons" I still get the 2018 expertise... So any ideas?

io bet you still have expertise crystall.. you need to change them to 41 powwer if this is already done you did something wrong and you need to check ask mr robot closely again

io bet you still have expertise crystall.. you need to change them to 41 powwer if this is already done you did something wrong and you need to check ask mr robot closely again

In the "PvE weapons" there is a +41 Power Crystal and a +41 Crit crystal.... And like I mentioned, it is with them that I dont get the full 2018 expertise even though all info here says I should..

Why surge? Cause you need a ******** of Alacrity for it to make a difference. More dmg is better than a barely faster Flamethrower... Probably need more than 500 alacrity for it to make much of a difference, and if you have that then dmg suffers alot. Cause I tried with around 300, got like .3 better heat dissipate and the channel time was still above 2.7 seconds, I think..

In the "PvE weapons" there is a +41 Power Crystal and a +41 Crit crystal.... And like I mentioned, it is with them that I dont get the full 2018 expertise even though all info here says I should..

Why surge? Cause you need a ******** of Alacrity for it to make a difference. More dmg is better than a barely faster Flamethrower... Probably need more than 500 alacrity for it to make much of a difference, and if you have that then dmg suffers alot. Cause I tried with around 300, got like .3 better heat dissipate and the channel time was still above 2.7 seconds, I think..

well you did something wrong if you dont get full expertise eiterh some wrong mods/enh and or hilts/armouring because for me it works perfectly fine

and btw its 2 power crystalls doesnt make sense to get a crit crystall

Edited by Seronimos

There's this common misconception about alacrity that it doesn't do enough unless it's geared in large amounts. Shaving 1% off your GCD and your time to dissipate heat can be better than adding the tiny amount of crit multiplier you get from adding surge at the far end of the curve. The better argument against alacrity would be that it causes your cooldowns to not match up so you don't benefit as much as you should from the decreased GCD (although this is probably a bigger issue in PvE). But even then, alacrity eventually trumps adding more and more to surge.

Take for instance a hypothetical PT with 600 surge. He's currently getting 24.41% added to his crit multiplier. Adding another 100 surge gives him 25.78% surge-related crit multiplier, which is an extra 1.37% crit multiplier. If he instead adds 100 alacrity, he'll get 1.44% taken off his GCD time and his resource regen time (setting aside any benefit of a faster channel).

OP's crit chance is under 20% as a base, but gains some benefits for certain abilities (100% for railshot which happens once every 10 GCD, and other benefits to other abilities). Let's call his cumulative crit chance 40% (which is being generous). If you multiply this 40% by the 1.37% crit multiplier, you'll see you gain 0.55% extra crit related damage from adding 100 surge (which actually doesn't even result in a 0.55% DPS increase because it's an extra 0.55% multiplied by your non-crit damage, not your average damage). Personally, I'd rather have the 1.44% buff to my regen and GCD (particularly in PvP where you aren't going to be able to use abilities like Rocket Punch and railshot exactly on their cooldowns anyway).

Of course it makes sense... I want at least a 20% base crit, +5 for Coordination = 25% crit... Want to get as much use of that massive surge as possible.

Since I already said I do not have that exact gear, any actual advice would be appreciated.

Repeating again for clarity. I run full Conquerer Combat Tech, except for gloves which are Eliminator. Implants lvl 54 crafted ones, earpiece is Conq Combat Tech(I think, some Conq anyway)... Conq crit and power relics. Bounty Brokers Blaster with rank 28 mods, custom off-hand with 28 mods, +41 power crystal in off and +41 crit crystal in main. 1336 Expertise outside WZs, 1862 inside. Equip PvP main and offhand grants me 2018 expertise in WZs...

Not yet having augments in everything, dont wanna put them in the Conq relics or earpiece just yet since I want Obroan first, and wont put em in main and off hand until I know what up - terrible waste of time and credits to do so...

I dont know whats up... So anyone that can actually point to what the problem is, is very much welcome to sling some advice my way :)

Bounty Brokers Blaster with rank 28 mods, custom off-hand with 28 mods, +41 power crystal in off and +41 crit crystal in main. 1336 Expertise outside WZs, 1862 inside. Equip PvP main and offhand grants me 2018 expertise in WZs...

Purple 28s in the weapon and offhand? That may be your problem there. I haven't tested everything, but from what someone said earlier, the highest you can go are blue 28s if you want to be bolstered fully.

Purple 28s in the weapon and offhand? That may be your problem there. I haven't tested everything, but from what someone said earlier, the highest you can go are blue 28s if you want to be bolstered fully.

yes mods are 27 not 28 well the whole problem was drach cant read ask mr robot properly

change your 28 mods to 27 mods and youre fine if the enh is 26 and barrel/armouring is 30

and drach your crit porc relic is less worse the more critchance you have just for oyur info maybe oyu want to run mainstat relic instead

Edited by Seronimos

yes mods are 27 not 28 well the whole problem was drach cant read ask mr robot properly

change your 28 mods to 27 mods and youre fine if the enh is 26 and barrel/armouring is 30

and drach your crit porc relic is less worse the more critchance you have just for oyur info maybe oyu want to run mainstat relic instead

I run crit relic now

Of course it makes sense... I want at least a 20% base crit, +5 for Coordination = 25% crit... Want to get as much use of that massive surge as possible.

Since I already said I do not have that exact gear, any actual advice would be appreciated.

Repeating again for clarity. I run full Conquerer Combat Tech, except for gloves which are Eliminator. Implants lvl 54 crafted ones, earpiece is Conq Combat Tech(I think, some Conq anyway)... Conq crit and power relics. Bounty Brokers Blaster with rank 28 mods, custom off-hand with 28 mods, +41 power crystal in off and +41 crit crystal in main. 1336 Expertise outside WZs, 1862 inside. Equip PvP main and offhand grants me 2018 expertise in WZs...

Not yet having augments in everything, dont wanna put them in the Conq relics or earpiece just yet since I want Obroan first, and wont put em in main and off hand until I know what up - terrible waste of time and credits to do so...

I dont know whats up... So anyone that can actually point to what the problem is, is very much welcome to sling some advice my way :)

The item levels for your mod armoring and enhancement must be a combination of: 69, 63, 61 for the best benefit, those three slots cannot go over 193 if that makes sense and you cannot use 72+ items. If you are using two 69's you'll lose expertise or some other weird combination. You can use 2 66's and a 61, that will work. Or if all you got is a 69 and two 61's, or a 66 and two 63's.

Oh also working on a few AP Tanking gear setups, got my primary 4v4 tank gear setup completed today but I have a few different ones that I'm creating as well just need to farm more RWZ comms.

Gonna come up with a 4v4 AP Tank guide soon. Got a few things to work out but it'll be out in about a week.

Just an additional tip. You can cast flame sweep out of combat to build PFT stacks. I typically enter combat with three stacks available which allows me to cast PFT as the first cast. This matters more in WZs than arenas, but still useful. The stacks for PFT last 30 sec.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.