Another bug with the Corruptor Zero encounter

Ajaxduo

Aside from the current bug with the Concussion Mine being spammed during the 'Unified Beam' phase there seems to be another aspect of the fight which is broken. Corruptor Zero gains the 'Invulnerable'' buff during the 'Unified Beam' phase. The problem is that there's a chance for him to keep the immunity for the rest of the fight making him impossible to kill.

A screenshot shows the bug here. :eek:

Edited by Ajaxduo

Never seen this Invincible debuff after the laser phase before, so it does not seem to happen too often, but it sounds like a bug. :)

Also there is another bug with the fight shown here in a video. Our main tank has experienced this issue also. You run out of the red AoE and get pulled all the way back in, although it usually only happens to the person he is currently targeting.

This is definitely not a bug, just a L2P issue. Your tank started running out of it like half a second too late, because of that he was still standing inside of the red field when the cast finished. As you can see at 0:06, both a DPS and the tank receive the "stunned" debuff which means they were standing inside the field and will be attacked by the boss shortly thereafter. If you have full life, you can survive that (even in 16-man HM), but since the tank had only half of his life and two stacks, he was killed instantly.

Because of lags or a bad ping, the tank may think that he is outside of the red field but the server still sees him standing inside the field. Therefore, make sure to always run out of the field immediately so that you do not have to worry about latency.

Also, I have heard a few times that if you jump, the game will send your position faster to the servers than if you just walk -- not sure if it's true. But you may want to try hitting spacebar just as you are about to walk out of the red field, maybe it helps.

And I couldn't help but notice that your sage was walking backwards, which of course is much slower. Always walk forward or to the side for maximum speed. ;) Finally, I recommend that you try tanking the boss in the center of the room and not next to a wall. This has numerous advantages (we talked about it in the thread with the mines), one of which that it will be easier to walk out of the red circle.

Edited by Jerba

Never seen this Invincible debuff after the laser phase before, so it does not seem to happen too often, but it sounds like a bug. :)

This is definitely not a bug, just a L2P issue. Your tank started running out of it like half a second too late, because of that he was still standing inside of the red field when the cast finished. As you can see at 0:06, both a DPS and the tank receive the "stunned" debuff which means they were standing inside the field and will be attacked by the boss shortly thereafter. If you have full life, you can survive that (even in 16-man HM), but since the tank had only half of his life and two stacks, he was killed instantly.

Because of lags or a bad ping, the tank may think that he is outside of the red field but the server still sees him standing inside the field. Therefore, make sure to always run out of the field immediately so that you do not have to worry about latency.

Also, I have heard a few times that if you jump, the game will send your position faster to the servers than if you just walk -- not sure if it's true. But you may want to try hitting spacebar just as you are about to walk out of the red field, maybe it helps.

And I couldn't help but notice that your sage was walking backwards, which of course is much slower. Always walk forward or to the side for maximum speed. ;) Finally, I recommend that you try tanking the boss in the center of the room and not next to a wall. This has numerous advantages (we talked about it in the thread with the mines), one of which that it will be easier to walk out of the red circle.

We're not having any issues with the encounter, although thank you for the suggestions. We've dropped him twice in his currently buggy state. Our Sage was just in our range for AoE heale during the final phase, of ehich Corruptor Zero does not use the red AoE. Actually holding the boss to a corner is infact a better strat, the off tank can AoE taunt the adds and LoS them to the corner where the boss is at resulting in a huge AoE DPS window; Flamethrower, Orbital Strike, Scatterbombs etc. The video was of another raid team, not mine. it's understandable that the main tank may have had some lag as I'm a melee DPS and never have this issue.

Edited by Ajaxduo

We're not having any issues with the encounter, although thank you for the suggestions. We've dropped him twice in his currently buggy state. Our Sage was just in our range for AoE heale during the final phase, of ehich Corruptor Zero does not use the red AoE. Actually holding the boss to a corner is infact a better strat, the off tank can AoE taunt the adds and LoS them to the corner where the boss is at resulting in a huge AoE DPS window; Flamethrower, Orbital Strike, Scatterbombs etc. The video was of another raid team, not mine. it's understandable that the main tank may have had some lag as I'm a melee DPS and never have this issue.

In that case, nevermind. ;)

I'm looking forward to NiM, since I am sure that will decide whether it is better to tank the boss in the center or to the side. It is nice to hear that there are groups that can still clear the boss after the latest patch with the boss to the side; I'd already completely given up on that strategy. :D

Edited by Jerba

In that case, nevermind. ;)

I'm looking forward to NiM, since I am sure that will decide whether it is better to tank the boss in the center or to the side. It is nice to hear that there are groups that can still clear the boss after the latest patch with the boss to the side; I'd already completely given up on that strategy. :D

Yup hopefully they will release NiM versions of DF + TDP soon. Maybe give Raptus Driving Thrust as his basic attack? :p