Realistically how much should Anni parse on optimized 72 gear ?

znihilist

2,750-2,850 with Adrenals, Stims and Bloodthrist is top ~10%

In your opinion is that good enough ? I mean being able to do 2800 for example consistently.

Edit: I don't mean good enough, what I am trying to say is: Is 2800 evidence of some sort of a skill ? And how much difficult would it be to reach the top 5%, 1% ?

Edited by znihilist

In your opinion is that good enough ? I mean being able to do 2800 for example consistently.

Edit: I don't mean good enough, what I am trying to say is: Is 2800 evidence of some sort of a skill ? And how much difficult would it be to reach the top 5%, 1% ?

Many factor enters in what makes a top parse. Have the rupture proc cooperated? Did crit hit a nice streak? Did the offhand accuracy did slightly better than usual? Did all of the above happen when relic/adrenal/BT was on?

What oofalong gave you are good expected number you should be around.

Edited by verfallen

Many factor enters in what makes a top parse. Have the rupture proc cooperated? Did crit hit a nice streak? Did the offhand accuracy did slightly better than usual? Did all of the above happen when relic/adrenal/BT was on?

What oofalong gave you are good expected number you should be around.

Noted!

I do understand a top parse have many elements that sometimes the player can't control, I guess I am trying to figure out what is acceptable from a good player at that gear level.

So I guess I have been too harsh on myself. I am parsing around 2800 at this moment (with ease), but I am still few items that would help. But I suppose I am in a good position at this moment.

Edited by znihilist

I believe the most difficult aspect of playing this spec is picking out which ability to use next. Often there are some very obvious answers like use Deadly Saber on CD, then focus on Annihilate, then Rupture. Still, the challenge is ensuring you have enough resource to activate your next X number of attacks while adjusting for likely procs all while minimizing the delay between actions.

The GCD is 1.5s when I looked at Gorband's - who I consider to be the best at this spec - time between activations something like 90%+ occurred in less than 1.6s and almost 100% occurred within 1.7s. Plus, he is able to make the right decision every time within the fractions of a second necessary to get top DPS.

Thus, there are two things to practice: making any decision and making the right decision. Take 5-10m and parse just alternating between Assault and Vicious Slash. With just these two abilities you will have plenty of resource so the test is all about how quickly you click a button. In a 300s parse your goal is to get 190+ attacks. A perfect session would be 200 attacks, but due to lag and reaction time that is impossible. Try adjusting the ability activation queue time to see if it helps. If you are only able to get 170-180 attacks, you will only ever be able to do 85%-90% of the max damage.

Making the right decision is a much more complicated process, which I am not going to worry about for now.

It would be very interesting to create a spectrum of parses so you could see if you were in the top 25%, 10% or 5%, but with the current tools that is not possible. With rare exceptions, I believe everyone should strive to get better and are capable of it.

What oofalong said.

The more you play it, the more flowing you sense your choice getting. I've not played my marauder much lately, and I feel that "feeling" that got rusty.

Annihilation is a spec that practice male perfect, and to hit the high damage you must "feel" the spec. Its impossible to conciously focus on everything.