The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

With another doulbeexp weekend comming up you have to increase the max active

Icestar

With another doubleexp weekend comming up you have to increase the max active player character allowed on a server.

At the moment it is 22 but it needs to be raised to 28 or 30 or something.

Edited by Icestar

Do you honestly play all of them regularly?

Regularly being the key here...if you don't actively bring a character out for game purposes...or have this one alt you RP with...maybe...once a month. It is time to just delete it. You don't lose achievements or unlocks when you delete a character, your collections even keeps what they had on them....assuming you properly unlocked the thing (ie; completed the armor set for example).

They "have to" ? no, not at all.

What you were trying to say is something like this:

"Please Bioware allow me to create an infinite number of chars on my subscriber accounts. There should be no change to the restrictions of preferred and f2p in this".

In that case, you would have my support... but I by nature never support demands.

They "have to" ? no, not at all.

What you were trying to say is something like this:

"Please Bioware allow me to create an infinite number of chars on my subscriber accounts. There should be no change to the restrictions of preferred and f2p in this".

In that case, you would have my support... but I by nature never support demands.

Of course we're paying for the character slots.

yeah sure, but that is no reason to make demands. Or do you tell your baker "you have to gimme a bagel!"?

If you're paying for that bagel, sure you can. It's not polite to say it that way, but you can say it.

What you can't say to your baker who is selling bagels that he's making with his own recipe is "you have to make them with MY recipe", because a) he doesn't have to do anything and b) you don't have to buy your bagels from his bakery anymore if you don't like their taste.

Obviously, you can tell him that you think it would be better if he used another recipe, but that's about it. You can't demand that the product changes because you are buying it as is and the baker never promised you his products would be exactly what you wanted.

OP, I support your suggestion, mainly because I don't see a reason why not.

PS: now I want a bagel :(

Edited by TheNahash

16? 22? Hold on, are you telling me that 12 isnt max? I've been a sub since start and I've never been able to create more than 12. I actually had to delete one a couple of days ago because of this. Are you saying that subs also have the option of buying extra slots? I was under the impression that subs had the maximum amount of slots and that the character slot unlocks were for F2P.

WHAT THE HELL!

And yes, I'm serious here, I've been recieving a "max character"- message when I've tried to create more than 12.

Edited by MidichIorian

16? 22? Hold on, are you telling me that 12 isnt max? I've been a sub since start and I've never been able to create more than 12. I actually had to delete one a couple of days ago because of this. Are you saying that subs also have the option of buying extra slots? I was under the impression that subs had the maximum amount of slots and that the character slot unlocks were for F2P.

WHAT THE HELL!

Subs get the maximum amount of slots (12) to start with and you can unlock 10 more with the Cartel Market unlock that usually sells pretty cheap on the GTN.

Subs get the maximum amount of slots (12) to start with and you can unlock 10 more with the Cartel Market unlock that usually sells pretty cheap on the GTN.
Ok, I'm not going to blame anyone here because that's obviously in the fineprint somewhere but I've always just assumed that subs had the maximum so it has never even crossed my mind that it would be an option to unlock more slots.

They really should work on their marketing skills over at BW because it's not the first time I've not spent money as a direct outcome of not having known about something. The discounts on collection items are perfect examples. No one in their right mind takes the time to look through that every day so it was just chance that I happened to come across one I actually wanted to unlock at a discount the other day. There has probably been a lot more unlocks I gladly would have paid for, had I just known about them.

They really should work on their marketing skills over at BW because it's not the first time I've not spent money as a direct outcome of not having known about something

Honestly? I think their marketing department is truly awful or at the very least, understaffed.

Not to say that you couldn't have looked it up yourself all this time, but the whole point of marketing is to inform potential customers without them having to make an effort to get that information.

The CM discounts is a good example of what I'm talking about.

But there have been much worse issues, like the page that explained the differences in account types (Sub-Preferred-F2P).

It was (and I'm using "was" because I haven't looked it up since the first time) H O R R I B L E.

They kept using phrases like "limited access" without going into much detail about what that "limited" means.

It's nothing short of a miracle that people decided to try the game - even for free.

Not to say that you couldn't have looked it up yourself all this time, but the whole point of marketing is to inform potential customers without them having to make an effort to get that information..
Well that's the thing, when should I ask myself the question if it's an option to unlock more slots when I'm already convinced that I, as a sub, have access to everything? So unless I'm actually stumbling upon the information I'll never know.

And perhaps it's somewhere in the login screen but since I've never really looked for it, on behalf of not thinking it was an option, I've always just clicked my character and signed in. Not even when I recieved the "max character" message can I recall any additional information regarding the option to (again, as a ub) unlock more slots.

Perhaps it's one of those hidden in plain sight kind of things.

Edited by MidichIorian

Do you honestly play all of them regularly?

Regularly being the key here...if you don't actively bring a character out for game purposes...or have this one alt you RP with...maybe...once a month. It is time to just delete it. You don't lose achievements or unlocks when you delete a character, your collections even keeps what they had on them....assuming you properly unlocked the thing (ie; completed the armor set for example).

I play them from time to time, My 55:s are more focused in getting good ops gear.

Edited by Icestar