carnage and alacrity

IsapientiaI

with dread forged gear DR hits surge quite hard, so my idea was to get 1-2 enhancements with alacrity, to possibly get another attack into the gore-window

and i need some input on that, especially about how much alacrity we're talking here to ensure the 4. hit

with dread forged gear DR hits surge quite hard, so my idea was to get 1-2 enhancements with alacrity, to possibly get another attack into the gore-window

and i need some input on that, especially about how much alacrity we're talking here to ensure the 4. hit

2 Dread forged enhancement gives you 188 alacrity rating which is 4.04% Alacrity. That value translates to a GCD of 1.43 seconds, 3 GCDs is 4.3182 which leaves you with 181ms. I would say it is doable but you have to take into account input delay (which can be circumvented by ability queue) and connection lag.

Hello,

I would like to know if Ataru form CD scales with alacrity or is always 1.5s - even 1% (like companion bonus) would cause that only each other strike can proc it due to lower GCD. Thanks in advance.

Edited by MrLamaX

Hello,

I would like to know if Ataru form CD scales with alacrity or is always 1.5s - even 1% (like companion bonus) would cause that only each other strike can proc it due to lower GCD. Thanks in advance.

ataru form should not be affected by alacrity, but it doesn't really matter, because you use massacre often enough to ignore that (massacre - ataru hits don't affect normal ataru hit cd)

However, according to parses it seems Massacre can double proc Ataru. Which would mean that alacrity is dps loss?

Massacre will always proc Ataru off the CD of Ataru. So it is remotely possible to proc Ataru 2 times from Massacre. Ill list abilities that i have seen proc Ataru

List of Ataru Proc able abilities

Massacre

Assault

Battering Assault

Vicious Slash/Throw

Force Scream

Deadly Throw (?) (I think ive seen it proc it before could be wrong)

Ravage (Last Hit only unless you cut the Channel)

Gore

Crippiling Slash

Sweeping Slash (?) (I think ive seen it proc before could be wrong)

Massacre will always proc Ataru off the CD of Ataru. So it is remotely possible to proc Ataru 2 times from Massacre. Ill list abilities that i have seen proc Ataru

List of Ataru Proc able abilities

Massacre

Assault

Battering Assault

Vicious Slash/Throw

Force Scream

Deadly Throw (?) (I think ive seen it proc it before could be wrong)

Ravage (Last Hit only unless you cut the Channel)

Gore

Crippiling Slash

Sweeping Slash (?) (I think ive seen it proc before could be wrong)

Ataru form: ..... In addition, your successful melee attacks have 20% to to trigger a second a second strike that ..... This effect can not occur more than once every 1.5 seconds.

So only melee and on a 1,5 second lockout.

Ataru form: ..... In addition, your successful melee attacks have 20% to to trigger a second a second strike that ..... This effect can not occur more than once every 1.5 seconds.

So only melee and on a 1,5 second lockout.

Well, Some abilities like Vicious Throw, Force Scream, and i believe Deadly Throw can proc Ataru but they are Force abilities, namely Force Scream.

Well, Some abilities like Vicious Throw, Force Scream, and i believe Deadly Throw can proc Ataru but they are Force abilities, namely Force Scream.

Vicious throw: ...dealing XXXX - YYYY energy damage. etc etc

Deadly throw: ....dealing XXXX - YYYY weapon damage. etc etc

I am pretty sure both are melee attacks.

However, I have never seen Force scream proccing Ataru...

Edited by znihilist