The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The #1 reason I don't buy Cartel packs: No Legacy Armor

Kurin

All of my end game toons are in Legacy Armor at this point. I just don't see the point in them wearing anything else, because using Legacy Armor saves a ton of time and hassle when gearing, for those that have (for example) a sniper and a gunslinger.

So every one of my level 55 toons (all 11 at this point) are in Legacy gear. Which means they aren't wearing anything you can find in a Cartel pack, nor will they ever switch. Because you cannot get Legacy gear out of a Cartel pack.

Now....I'm more of an alt-a-holic than 90% of the player base, but as the game continues to mature, there will be more and more players like me, that prioritize legacy armor over all else. Which is going to cause the perceived value of cartel packs to further diminish.

Well you can get gear unlock to your legacy from cartel packs, it's not quite the same, but once unlocked you can deck all your characters in that gear, and you can do so from level 1.

I have Calo Nord's outfit on my Jedi Guardian, minus the hat, and it looks right.

I also have some Recovered Hero's Armour on my Bounty Hunter, and it looks alright, certainly better than it would on my Guardian or Marauder.

And my Gunslinger has the Outriders Flight Jacket, and has since level 15, it suits him perfectly

The Legacy gear is alright, but I find I prefer the Cartel stuff on the whole.

I'd love it if cartel gear was legacy bound instead of bound to character. I have a lot of alts as well, and the ability to switch gear sets between them and actually have them look decent (imo) would be nice. I don't use legacy gear because none of it appeals to me appearance-wise. And of course because of this and limited time, only one of my characters has actual decent mods. Not saying this is a necessity at all, but it would be pretty awesome.

Well you can get gear unlock to your legacy from cartel packs, it's not quite the same, but once unlocked you can deck all your characters in that gear, and you can do so from level 1

It's not the same at all

You can unlock an armor set and use it on all your characters, but you can't send the same set the way you can with a legacy set.

Many players - including me - have leveled mirror classes and love the ability to send armor back and forth.

And I have to agree with the OP that although there are many cartel sets that I'd be using, I just think it's incredibly stupid to spend huge amounts of credits to remove mods + put them in legacy gear + send them to an alt + remove the mods from said legacy gear + put them on the armor that I want on the the second character and vice versa.

So it's not about being cheap and not wanting to spend money on cartel coins for account unlocks, it's about the fact that even if you do so, sending mods back and forth will cost you close to 1 million to send the items from character A to character B and then back to character A again.