The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Swtor 2?

BrianAC

For those that believe in the reddit post? I'll repeat this. The Reddit post was made before SOR. It's already proven wrong. Vitiate consumed Revan? No. He didn't. We know this to be false.

Do we? All I remember is the good and bad Revan becoming one again and disappearing...then suddenly the Emperor was reborn. Who is to say the good Revan actually wasn't some charming decoy used by the Emperor himself to allow him the chance to absorb the other Revan (who despite his lunacy was actually trying to stop the Emperor) and then when they "went to eternal rest" the Emperor ate them and bang he was back.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do we? All I remember is the good and bad Revan becoming one again and disappearing...then suddenly the Emperor was reborn. Who is to say the good Revan actually wasn't some charming decoy used by the Emperor himself to allow him the chance to absorb the other Revan (who despite his lunacy was actually trying to stop the Emperor) and then when they "went to eternal rest" the Emperor ate them and bang he was back.

You mean aside from the fact in the reddit post he claimed Vitiate did this to Revan during the foundry? That the boss in SOR was going to be Vitiate with a mixture between Revan and his personality fully integrated? Not to mention the reddit user details what will be at launch in SOR and it's completely wrong. New content on most planets for level 55+ stuff? Nope. New companions? Nope. New romance options for existing companions? Nope.

There's more evidence for it being wrong than right.

Edited by Rhyltran

Why would they spend money developing a new game when they could just expand this one? To me that's the least likely speculation in the reddit post. Look at WoW. It looks incredibly primitive at this point and that doesn't matter a bit in terms of popularity. Also, moving to an engine like that would drive people on lower end computers away from the game. While there were things in that post that might come to pass because they were relatively logical, I really don't think that's one of them.

in all honesty theres only so far they can go with this current engine. especially seeing as we are still stuck in a 32bit client. Not to mention everquest still is going strong and we have everquest 2 and everquest next coming up... it is possible to make a succesor mmo while still maintaining support for the previous.

as for driving people on lesser computers.... even if you are still running on one of the first windows 7 computers you should be able to run a 64 bit more modern engine just fine.we are fast approaching windows 10 and still running on what windows vista engine? sorry but keeping antiquated software because 10 people cant get rid of their 10 year old machine and replace it for 200-500 dollars is rather silly...

that said i highly doubt we will get a swtor. i could see disney giving the rights out to a new publisher for a new star wars mmo at some point if this one plummets enough for bioware to not renew the license but until then this is it. we just get to wait for the new star wars battlefront for updated graphics.

in all honesty theres only so far they can go with this current engine. especially seeing as we are still stuck in a 32bit client. Not to mention everquest still is going strong and we have everquest 2 and everquest next coming up... it is possible to make a succesor mmo while still maintaining support for the previous.

as for driving people on lesser computers.... even if you are still running on one of the first windows 7 computers you should be able to run a 64 bit more modern engine just fine.we are fast approaching windows 10 and still running on what windows vista engine? sorry but keeping antiquated software because 10 people cant get rid of their 10 year old machine and replace it for 200-500 dollars is rather silly...

that said i highly doubt we will get a swtor. i could see disney giving the rights out to a new publisher for a new star wars mmo at some point if this one plummets enough for bioware to not renew the license but until then this is it. we just get to wait for the new star wars battlefront for updated graphics.

Actually, EA has the Star Wars game license for the next 10 years, starting in 2013. http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/11/20/ea-holds-onto-star-wars-games-license-for-10-years-says-swtor-i/

Considering the Reddit post was made half a year before SoR launched, before any datamining was made on SoR, and before the Episode 7 teaser was released, here's why I think that the OP at least wasn't lying about being leaked some information. I'm not arguing that all the things stated will come to pass. This post will contain spoilers. Obviously. I'll be using the spoiler tag to quote from the Reddit post.

EA and Disney have a brilliant plan for SWTOR. It will be upgraded to canon in the next expansion and will have some subtle tie-ins with Star Wars 7. (Specifically, a certain planet will be used and lord Vitiate will be an off-screen influence on the main villain of 7). The first step, although it won’t be obvious how, to SWTOR’s ending has begun in Forged Alliances.

The planet mentioned is Yavin 4 and appears in the Episode 7 teaser here. Some set photos of Episode 7 indicate that Yavin 4 indeed will be a planet in the film. The OP also successfully predicted that Yavin 4 would be used in SoR. I think it's important to add here that Star Wars content released after April 25th of last year would be considered canon. Does that include a SWTOR expansion? Considering

, I think so.

The personal stories of SWTOR will continue in the next major Xpac, and they will each have an “ending”. YOUR character from SWTOR will appear in the as-yet-unnamed SWTOR 2 in various forms. Force Ghosts, holocrons, etc. As of right now, only one class appears to be able to survive until SWTOR 2 (Sith Inquisitor), but that might change. These will use your appearance settings and dialogue based on the actions you chose in the game. I will detail what I could gather about the plot later on in this post.

The personal stories did continue in SoR (when they didn't in Makeb). The Consular's story had you

and the Inquisitor's story had a you

New species—Torgruta, some other ugly thing.

A SWTOR fan stated in

that Togruta was confirmed to them, at a cantina event, to be the next playable race.

Gameplay/expansion features:

-Most level 60 content will involve cross-faction queues, when story appropriate.

-There will be some cross-faction planets where you can work cooperatively with the other faction. On PVP servers, you can flag yourselves PvP on these planets anyway.

The important subject in this statement is the fact that the Republic and the Sith work cooperatively in SoR and questing hubs and areas are in the same regions for both factions when they haven't been in the past. This is a little reaching, though.

-Lord Vitiate has regained his power for the most part.

While saying that Lord Vitiate would be included in the next expansion could have simply been a lucky guess, stating that he regains his power was spot on.

Pretty much everything else in the Reddit post was either wrong or can't be commented on because it's for future expansions. The optimistic fanboy in me believes that the OP wasn't lying, but things got changed in the time before the expansion or things were interpreted incorrectly. One thing important to include, I think, is a statement made by a chief financial officer for EA who stated that SWTOR was "profitable" and that the business was "very repeatable". Obviously it's far from a confirmation of anything, but it does underline a lack of hesitancy to produce a SWTOR 2.

I also believe it's easy to chalk much of the "incorrectness" up to misinterpretation of the information, as well as plans for further down the line in updates to the game. Much of what was said to be the case, has in some form come to pass though.

I made a Vitiate video and was kinda influenced by that sort of fake " leak" of info .

However I think you guys will still like it :rolleyes: enjoy

Leaks about Andy Serkis' character being ancient, having mysterious motives, and being above the rule of 2 seem to indicate that it could be Vitiate.

Serkis' voice in the Star Wars teaser also sounds just like Lord Vitiate.

EDIT: Also found this: http://ootinicast.com/2014/06/ootinicast-episode-147/

At 39:15, the talkers mention that a BioWare developer confirmed that they were working on a story-arch of some sort that would be in episode 7. I believe that is the story of Vitiate.

Edited by Herculieas

If WoW can run for decades with infinitely worse graphics--and personally, I really like the look of swtor--I see no reason for this to be a concern at all. People have been saying the sky was falling since launch and wolf has been called way too many times for it to be believable

Edited by errant_knight