Commando or Vanguard For DPS?

zDeFuze

Now, i'm thinking Commando. I've heard that Vanguard was better from some people, and that Commando is better from some people. I'm thinking to go Commando, but Vanguard seems pretty awesome too, so i'm pretty stuck here.

I'm more of a get in your face Melee kind of guy, but I would like to try out Ranged at some point. I'm more of a PvP'er than a PvE'er. So using these 2 facts, can anyone give me an idea as to which spec I might enjoy more? Thanks.

Commando DPS will have a greater range of heals available (they can make decent OHs) compared to Vanguards. In PvP the biggest gameplay difference for me is the Commando's Concussion Charge versus the Vanguard's Harpoon. Both have their benefits and which is better depends on how you want to play them. Edited by GalacticKegger

Now, i'm thinking Commando. I've heard that Vanguard was better from some people, and that Commando is better from some people. I'm thinking to go Commando, but Vanguard seems pretty awesome too, so i'm pretty stuck here.

I'm more of a get in your face Melee kind of guy, but I would like to try out Ranged at some point. I'm more of a PvP'er than a PvE'er. So using these 2 facts, can anyone give me an idea as to which spec I might enjoy more? Thanks.

Honestly you should play them both or at least play 1 on the empire side and 1 on the republic side. Then you get best of both worlds and both story lines. Both are great at what they do. And both can top dmg in Warzones if played correctly. Their style of play is so different that its easy to pick which 1 you want if you like a certain playstyle. If however you like both... again play both.. you will thank yourself and me later for playing both... just preferably on the same server 1 empire / 1 republic

Vanguard/PT: is far more melee orientated. You are often times more beefy and should last longer usually. Even if you are DPS build your taunts are amazing for pvp and sometimes pve. You can switch between DPS or Tanking. both are melee orientated but you do get some ranged if people run away from you. Your also able to Yank enemies towards you with a pull skill. But most of all your skills will be melee style or melee range.

Comm/merc: is far more ranged orientated. You are squishier but you also can stay farther away. Your goal is more to stay away and lay suppressing fire and take chunks of HP out with very good effect. If you are ever interested in hybrid builds of dps/healing or want to be a decent healer you have that available. Again all at ranged.

You have decent knockbacks and survival but overall if you get the jump and distance on a enemy first. You can win the majority of the fights if you stay ranged and use your class to do so gj.

Edited by Strixs

Honestly you should play them both or at least play 1 on the empire side and 1 on the republic side.

Wait, how do you go about making a trooper on both sides? I didn't know that was even possible, or do you mean make one trooper and one BH/Operative?

Wait, how do you go about making a trooper on both sides? I didn't know that was even possible, or do you mean make one trooper and one BH/Operative?

Well a trooper is a BH..... and a BH is a trooper

while their abilities look different they are exact mirrors..... Imp agent: operatives are smuggler: Scoundrels btw

A Mercenary(empire) is a Commando(republic)

a Vanguard(republic) is a Powertech(empire)

So pick the 1 you like on either side look wise... and then play both and be happy that you get to play both of what you want but in two different awesome storylines and enjoying both different sides of the player base.

Personally i like the vanguard more republic side because i like the armor look combo with blaster rifle.

And mercenary for empire side because i like dual blasters with the armor look.

No i am not a big fan of either 1 blaster or 1 giant cannon so it made it easy for me.

Edited by Strixs

the playstyle is so different it cant be compared.. that's why as mentioned above is to try both of them. you can roll 2 chars 1 to be a commando and one to be a vanguard.

but i can give you this.. commando is a turret style of dps and vanguard is the typical soldier. equipped with a rifle but no stranger to close combat.

Edited by hallucigenocide