New to Smuggler Storyline

Mantang

So I just started leveling my smuggler. She is the 3rd to last storyline for me (still haven't done JC or BH). I went in literally knowing nothing about what kind of story it was but I just left Coruscant and I really couldn't be less interested in the reason I'm being sent to Nar Shadaa and Taris. Without giving away spoilers, is the reason I'm going there the overarching theme of my entire storyline? I hope its not. My smuggler is being iced if it is....

So I just started leveling my smuggler. She is the 3rd to last storyline for me (still haven't done JC or BH). I went in literally knowing nothing about what kind of story it was but I just left Coruscant and I really couldn't be less interested in the reason I'm being sent to Nar Shadaa and Taris. Without giving away spoilers, is the reason I'm going there the overarching theme of my entire storyline? I hope its not. My smuggler is being iced if it is....

You don't feel like making Skavaak's life difficult? He's one of the better antagonists in any SWTOR story, I thought. And if it's the other things you're doing during Chapter 1 that feel a distraction to you, remember it's all to tick off Skavaak (and make a lot of cash).

Plus... there are some great and hilarious moments in the Smuggler storyline. Nothing else I've played has come close, Light side. Operative storyline so far is pretty serious as well (though I'm only on Balmorra with mine).

Interestingly enough, I found the smugg story to be one of my favorites. The idea of treasure hunting in earl part was great IMO. a fin alternative to all the other repub stories (Oh look, im going to save the galaxy as a jedi...how suprising...not). then it switches direction suddenly, and yet has a unique smuggler flavor to it.

Another note on ch.1. it has quite the suprise ending, didn't expect that at all. So I enjoyed it. but like any other story out there...you get out of it what you put into it . many people thought the consular ch.1 was boring, yet I found it interesting.