Remove Weapon Restrictions

DarthEthan

Make weapons cosmetic and just base their damage on the the skill tree you choose. I want my agent to use a blaster pistol. I wouldn't mind being able to use a blaster rifle instead of the obnoxious auto cannon on my Commando. Especially if you're healing spec. What kind of sense does it make for a medic to be running around with a giant cannon on his back? Or a juggernaut with a double bladed lightsaber. How cool would that be?

Remove the weapon restrictions.

I should be able to use what weapon I want. -----> http://www.swtor.com/info/overview <----live up to this, SWTOR.

I'm not suggesting removing states from weapons.

Keep the lightsabers for the force users and keep the blasters for the others. No jedi using blasters.

Edited by DarthEthan

Make weapons cosmetic and just base their damage on the the skill tree you choose. I want my agent to use a blaster pistol. I wouldn't mind being able to use a blaster rifle instead of the obnoxious auto cannon on my Commando. Especially if you're healing spec. What kind of sense does it make for a medic to be running around with a giant cannon on his back? Or a juggernaut with a double bladed lightsaber. How cool would that be?

Remove the weapon restrictions.

I should be able to use what weapon I want. -----> http://www.swtor.com/info/overview <----live up to this, SWTOR.

I like the idea, but would like to see variety in the weapon choice like a skill tree functionality. For instance, my Jedi Sentinel should be able to use the force to guide his sniper rifle round to the target (i.e. allow for an increase in accuracy). If I remember ESB, Luke did walk thru Cloud City with a blaster in his hand....

If I had it my way, you could pick any primary or secondary weapon (I would also expand the weapon selections to include the Lightsaber whip and and few others from the comics) and include area efect only weapons like rocket or grenade launchers. The key here would be weapon balance. Pistol could shoot fast but have low range and damage whereas a sniper rifle could single shot kill but has a long refire rate (i.e. like 1 shot of a sniper rifle is equal to like 5 from a pistol or something like that) and a rocket launcher or grenade launcher might take like 5 secs between shots.

Blak

While cool in nature, this will not happen. The reason is that currently the weapons have stats that are added to a players overall stats. Therefore, if they are removed it will require a huge balancing of stats and at this stage I highly doubt they will do that. Also, you say you want weapons to be cosmetic, but weapons also has various animations such as the Consular only able to use double bladed sabers or staffs. In other words and I hate to say this but it is too much work at this present time.

• 3 years later...
honestly overall I think the only two weapon types which should have the restrictions removed for are vibro-blades and Blaster pistols. Blaster rifles and sniper rifles would both take at least some training to handle effectively and the reason why predominately force users use lightsabers is because the lack of a balanced blade makes the lightsaber a very unbalanced weapon making it more lethal to the unitiated wielder than the people there using it against