The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Give us a droid race!

benovide

I thought you meant Droid Racing. Like around a circuit or something. Yeah, round the little buggers up and make 'em race!

I was all ready to cheer for that idea when I realised that no, you didn't mean that. :)

Edited by PLynkes

I don't believe we're ever going to see a droid PC option in the game, but if we did, I imagine that "droid" would be both race and class - which is to say, if you pick "droid" for class, it automatically assigns you the droid "race" - with advanced class options of "battle droid" (heavy attack, like bounty hunters and troopers) and "assassin droid" (more finesse, like agents and smugglers), or something along those lines.

I don't believe we're ever going to see a droid PC option in the game, but if we did, I imagine that "droid" would be both race and class - which is to say, if you pick "droid" for class, it automatically assigns you the droid "race" - with advanced class options of "battle droid" (heavy attack, like bounty hunters and troopers) and "assassin droid" (more finesse, like agents and smugglers), or something along those lines.

I'd like to see a droid race, rather than droid class, i.e. you can be human or be a droid, not you can be a Knight or a droid. Making it a class would be way too much work at this point.

But I do think droid race would be awesome. There have been some non-canonical instances of droids being able to use the force. Plus we've seen several storylines where there has been contention about who can use the force e.g. Jawa, Nekghouls. So this could be another controversial example that challenges previously held ideas.

Or, restrict it to non-force classes. I'm cool either way. But we've seen a lot of non-typical droids in TOR (e.g. D7, that grumpy guy on Alderaan, the droids who have emotions on Balmorra, etc). So I think it would work and it would be awesome.

And I'm sure some people will hate it, but every single feature of TOR has people who hate it!