The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bonus "Speeder" for October Subscriptions?

LokRobsta

i wont buy speeder p 3 as 150k is a rip off i know its in game money but still i have a hard time making cash and so 150k is over the top for this 70k is more like it

Actually, the first couple of characters I rolled I never bothered with getting the third level until much, much later but, the truth is that once you get your first max level character under your belt and start rolling alts, somewhere around your third or fourth, what with dailies on your maxes, selling on the market, and leveling on your alts, you do start stacking up the credits.

I think sometimes us long-timers kind of forget that we really did build up our accounts because once you figure out what's a money sink and what's worth the credits- collecting a tidy nest egg's just something that happens when you aren't looking/paying attention.

That being said, they should drop it to 70k but, until then, I always advise newcomers to skip both the third level of piloting (second's optional) and any crafting skills for their first character. I also point out that when they do finally get enough together to start crafting something to always pick a skill that's not for the character that's doing the crafting but the character after them because you just can't ever keep crew skills on level without it becoming a huge credit drain.

That, and don't buy anything that you can't afford with commendations for your first character, are the best pieces of advice I can think of for folks just starting their accounts. Yes, that means looking stupid in whatever orange/modifiable gear that you can scrounge and that you have to alternate upgrading you or your companion at the end of every planet (and even then never getting fully up-to-date) while you're leveling unless you take the time to farm, but, every credit that your first character does not spend is another credit to make leveling your second character that much easier and cheaper because, chances are, by that point, you've started to figure out what's an absolute lifesaver, what's a nice to have, and what's a complete and total waste of credits. :cool:

Actually, the first couple of characters I rolled I never bothered with getting the third level until much, much later but, the truth is that once you get your first max level character under your belt and start rolling alts, somewhere around your third or fourth, what with dailies on your maxes, selling on the market, and leveling on your alts, you do start stacking up the credits.

I think sometimes us long-timers kind of forget that we really did build up our accounts because once you figure out what's a money sink and what's worth the credits- collecting a tidy nest egg's just something that happens when you aren't looking/paying attention.

That being said, they should drop it to 70k but, until then, I always advise newcomers to skip both the third level of piloting (second's optional) and any crafting skills for their first character. I also point out that when they do finally get enough together to start crafting something to always pick a skill that's not for the character that's doing the crafting but the character after them because you just can't ever keep crew skills on level without it becoming a huge credit drain.

That, and don't buy anything that you can't afford with commendations for your first character, are the best pieces of advice I can think of for folks just starting their accounts. Yes, that means looking stupid in whatever orange/modifiable gear that you can scrounge and that you have to alternate upgrading you or your companion at the end of every planet (and even then never getting fully up-to-date) while you're leveling unless you take the time to farm, but, every credit that your first character does not spend is another credit to make leveling your second character that much easier and cheaper because, chances are, by that point, you've started to figure out what's an absolute lifesaver, what's a nice to have, and what's a complete and total waste of credits. :cool:

While I wouldn't care if BW dropped the Speeder 3 price, it's nothing I think they *should* do. Level 3 Speeder Piloting originally required Level 50, and 150K at Level 50 is a few hours of dailes, so really couldn't be much easier. BW has lowered the level (to 40) and added the ability to purchase through the Cartel Market -- first characters may find it harder to purchase at the lower level, but any additional characters after the first should have no problem.

As far as taking no crafting skills on your first character, I disagree, although I do agree that you shouldn't plan on getting "full" use until you're at or near end game. If you're not going to roll alts, Biochem is probably the best, since you can keep making use of it at endgame, although I recommend Cybertech -- it helps you gear up a bit, helps you gear your companions, and definitely helps alts. You also get continuing use (grenades), and it has plenty of things to sell.

And there is a lot of cheap orange armor on the GTN, so you don't have to look "stupid", a few K on that isn't bad, if it fits your look. But if you can pick a decent look early enough and just use Planetary Coms to buy armor/mods/enhancements for most of the game, you should be happy. Pro tip: Cybertech lets you make armorings every two levels, and the greens just need Scavenging mats...armorings cost 14 Planetary Coms each, mods and enhancements just 4.

Edited by eartharioch