(Spoilers) Why is Toborro clinically insane? Who caused him to lose his sanity?

Khosann

Hey Guys!

I did not do Makeb imperial quests yet so bear with me. I don't understand why Toborro is clinically insane. I have several theories and need your input.

1) Dreadmasters stole Hutt territory and made Karagga go mad (which is explained in the official Dreadmasters entry). Maybe they caused Toborro go insane too (though I did not see any theories referencing to this).

2) Imperials did something to Toborro to make him go mad (or at least imperials are responsible of stopping Makeb's destruction).

3) Simply standard Star Wars overblown melodrama. Toborro saw isotope-5 as the only thing that could save the Hutt Cartel and wanted Makeb so bad that losing the ark also loosed a few of his screws so to speak.

What is your take?

Thx

Edited by Khosann

Hey Guys!

I did not do Makeb imperial quests yet so bear with me. I don't understand why Toborro is clinically insane. I have several theories and need your input.

1) Dreadmasters stole Hutt territory and made Karagga go mad (which is explained in the official Dreadmasters entry). Maybe they caused Toborro go insane too (though I did not see any theories referencing to this).

2) Imperials did something to Toborro to make him go mad (or at least imperials are responsible of stopping Makeb's destruction).

3) Simply standard Star Wars overblown melodrama. Toborro saw isotope-5 as the only thing that could save the Hutt Cartel and wanted Makeb so bad that losing the ark also loosed a few of his screws so to speak.

What is your take?

Thx

That's been my opinion as well for a serious while now. See below... :D

EDIT: One thing I missed! There are Isotope droids all over Oricon which means the Empire has already implemented them into their forces. Thought it was an excellent example of continuity and should bring the timeline of events into perspective.

I'm sure those platforms were deployed by the Dread Guard, NOT by the Empire. Also...

I actually think that's a hint that the Dread Masters have been working with the remnants of the Hutt Cartel that were loyal to Toborro, just like Toborro himself was, which would explain his rather erratic behavior on the last segment of the Makeb storyline, Republic side...

It would also make it possible for Varl to occur and explain this one last codex entry you unlock, concerning the fact some within the Cartel took offense for being forced to bend over, in the Republic's favor, after Toborro's demise.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=6719025&postcount=28

Good point! It would make sense and tie in well. Main reason I believed the Empire was the one to deploy the Isotope droids was because we also see Republic walkers scattered about. All in the first main area. Its a field of wreckage. Republic and Empire ships etc... And since the Isotope walkers were in destroyed states...

I don't think they were destroyed at all but rather, never got fully assembled. The mobile platform for the droid itself is ready and from the looks of it, it's not Isotope-5 dependent to work. However, the upper part is missing and I'm sure it's related to this...

As we know, the droids themselves run on Isotope-5 and having in mind Toborro's Glittering Furry has the fuel rods on the upper part, we can assume it works the same way for ALL of them.

In other words and to go straight to the point, having Toborro failed to secure Makeb, mass produce the droids and harvest more Isotope-5 to fuel them, not to mention that Empire side, you destroy a considerable number of them, I guess the Dread Guard and / or Dread Masters never received the final key components to have the droids fully assembled. Thus, the condition of the platforms all over Oricon.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it but again, I'm doing it so still hoping that Varl is around the corner. ;)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=6720129&postcount=30

Edited by Darth_Wicked