The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Raid Marker Fix

zImperium

So, there are a number of problems wrong, namely that its a consumable rather than a reusable. Instead of how its currently functioning, I would like to see it like this:

• You can purchase the ability to use Raid Markers via Legacy (LL30?), or expend CC.
  • Raid Markers only appear to those in party/ops.
  • When you currently have a raid marker, if you place another raid marker of the same type, the first one disappears.
  • You get a raid marker buff which you can clear to get rid of the first raid marker you placed.
  • Raid Marker ability had a 120m range.
  • Damn it, lower the sound on the raid marker placing!

At the moment, they are less useful than the flags people can place.

So, there are a number of problems wrong, namely that its a consumable rather than a reusable. Instead of how its currently functioning, I would like to see it like this:

• You can purchase the ability to use Raid Markers via Legacy (LL30?), or expend CC.
  • Raid Markers only appear to those in party/ops.
  • When you currently have a raid marker, if you place another raid marker of the same type, the first one disappears.
  • You get a raid marker buff which you can clear to get rid of the first raid marker you placed.
  • Raid Marker ability had a 120m range.
  • Damn it, lower the sound on the raid marker placing!

At the moment, they are less useful than the flags people can place.

well "fix" would imply they are not working as intended. I stipulate that they ARE working as intended, just not as you (and others) would want.

You had a very good thread going up until the last 2 lines and changed what was a reasonable suggestion into an somewhat angry rant.

Not a fan of the legacy idea, but most other seem to be reasonable. I would almost agree up to the last few lines of rant. I almost with BW would just keep it as is to make an example.

Agree with most points, except for:

When you currently have a raid marker, if you place another raid marker of the same type, the first one disappears.

Very often, you need to split your raid into left and right side, so it would make sense to put out more than one DPS marker. Anyway, I hope they will add more than those three markers later, like a symbol for the boss, a symbol for adds etc.

And like someone wrote already, the best position for these markers would be in the raid menu UI and not cost anything.

Edited by Jerba

I disagree with this rational discourse with bioware.

I disagree on the grounds that its a slap in the face that basic raiding features inherent within most MMOs are being sold by bioware in RNG packs and are ONE TIME USE.

I'm all for fluff being sold to those that want it...but this crap is basic game features that should be freely updated additions to the raid functionality just as a part of improving the game....NOT sold just to gouge money from us.

Edited by Felkroth