The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Enough with the lame ignition sounds! Give us real lightsabers. No more "squeaks!"

I am unable to wield any lightsaber from cartel market. I just can't. The sounds they make are annoying (not to everyone) and they DO NOT sound like lightsabers we know. They're silent, squeaky and plainly weird.

It really looks like the cartel market team never saw and heard lightsaber being ignited so they had to pretend and make their own sounds. Here is a video for them:

Please. You actually make decent weapons from time to time. Let them have decent sounds, like the majority of pre-f2p lightsabers! Tired of them sounding like old boards on the floor and making clicking sounds, too.

Thanks.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

I am unable to wield any lightsaber from cartel market. I just can't. The sounds they make are annoying (not to everyone) and they DO NOT sound like lightsabers we know. They're silent, squeaky and plainly weird.

It really looks like the cartel market team never saw and heard lightsaber being ignited so they had to pretend and make their own sounds. Here is a video for them:

Please. You actually make decent weapons from time to time. Let them have decent sounds, like the majority of pre-f2p lightsabers! Tired of them sounding like old boards on the floor and making clicking sounds, too.

Thanks.

I don't know, man. I'm a huge fan of the really deep toned sabers.

I like deep tones, too. Like the lightsabers of Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon in Ep.1.

Cm ones are too quiet and don't sound violent enough. If you were to close your eyes you wouldn't be able to tell it's a lightsaber ignition.

Also: variety. They always put this kind of sound into cm lightsabers. Time for a change, maybe? :[

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

I like deep tones, too. Like the lightsabers of Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon in Ep.1.

Cm ones are too quiet and don't sound violent enough. If you were to close your eyes you wouldn't be able to tell it's a lightsaber ignition.

Also: variety. They always put this kind of sound into cm lightsabers. Time for a change, maybe? :[

I think you're right. THere are a couple of other saber sounds I wouldn't mind hearing.

Crap show, but I loved the ignition sound.:

There was another, but I can't remember the source of it.