Vigilance/Veng and Carnage/Combat in arenas

sponym

hi!

i was playing my guardian for over a year now, I always played focus tree (smash) and sometimes tried vigilance. Now i sticked to vigilance for more and tried it in arenas. I really enjoy it and I think because of its CC immunity and so many smashers around people on my server doest know how to play against vigilance. Then I wanted to try so powerfull marauder - i lvl up him to lvl 44 now. I really enjoyed carnage spec it is insane burst but I was always put in normal wzs not arenas.

I played some arenas yesterday with it and I think vigilance is more viable in arenas than carnage for me - because of CC immunity(but I know I suck as my mara). I think i will stick to smash as soon as I get to 50 lvl to get all abilities to have full smash often. I think CC immunity works much better then master strike root or other roots in arenas because as mara i was permastunned or rooted (and without zelaous leap/obliterate i couldnt leap :p)

Please tell your opinions and experience about that specs comparison for arenas am I right or am I completely wrong ?

Carnage is very, very powerful, but it needs proper team support to provide it with damage windows. Without proper team support (ergo solo queue), don't even bother with Carnage. You'll get stunned, pulled, tossed around, focusfired. Unless you're amazing with it, you won't be enjoying the experience. Lolsmash, on the other hand, is a smoother experience because it's simple, efficient, and doesn't need as much babysitting.

As far as Vigilance/Vengeance is concerned, its damage is too damn random for organized PvP, but I suppose for regular queues and solo ranked it's perfectly fine.

Edited by Helig

As carnage you are VERY susceptible to roots, slows, stuns etc.

If you are against a team that spams lots of these you spend the match creeping around, impolitely force-screaming at people and throwing your lightsabres on occasion. With luck you manage an assault or two :D

Against 1 or 2 melees however you are death incarnate :D

I only play Combat now as I do prefer a challenge rather than just lol derp smash. I've found that in arena's having a 'good' Combat Sent is extremely valuable. My ability to lock down one person for as long as I wish is awesome, usually ends up being the healer. Its a spec that requires finesse and a lot of situational awareness but as they say practice makes perfect.