New Cartel Mounts drop rate is ridiculous!!

Shynymist

Drop rates for the really desired items has always been low... so I don't see what the complaining is about.

Couple that with /random and poor impulse control and disappointment can indeed get itself worked up.

As they say in the old meme..... if you can't do the time, don't do the crime.

There's a meme of that? Or are just saying that its a saying as it is a saying.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No graceful way to put it: People like that disgust me beyond words.

Why? How is it your business how much OP spends on Cartel packs? You don't know their circumstances, so why do you feel able to judge?

If OP has enough money to spend on Cartel packs, that's their business. For all you know, they spent 10 times that on charity last month too.

OP's finances are their own business. Their question was about the drop rate of items in cartel packs, not an invitation for you to condemn their spending habits.

Guess what? As you posted on here, you are a sub, so should we tell you what better things you should be spending money on too?

I'm disgusted that you feel able to talk to OP that way about something that is absolutely none of your business.

Why? How is it your business how much OP spends on Cartel packs? You don't know their circumstances, so why do you feel able to judge?

If OP has enough money to spend on Cartel packs, that's their business. For all you know, they spent 10 times that on charity last month too.

OP's finances are their own business. Their question was about the drop rate of items in cartel packs, not an invitation for you to condemn their spending habits.

Guess what? As you posted on here, you are a sub, so should we tell you what better things you should be spending money on too?

I'm disgusted that you feel able to talk to OP that way about something that is absolutely none of your business.

I like the sound of your jibe.

Ok, lets try to keep this conversation more serious.

ive been through this before when ive bought 4 or 5 hypercrates when they released the first Varactyl. After spending a lot of money ive ended with no varactyl, very few good sellable itens and a lot, really a lot, of useless and unsealable items, filling up to five stash pages with junk. Dozens of Gim torso armors that i couldnt sell on GTN for almost nothing, many of this junk items still fill my stash, weeks after.

The way thats the CM random packs are going now its so low that need not only hundreds, but thousands of crates to get super rare items.

I thins we need make an stand to The game company demanding that they add the rates of RANDOM crates. Knowing that some item gives 0.000987% chance of droping some item its more fair than the advertise "random drop". At least you know that we are talking of one chance in 100 or 1000! The way it works now its unfair, and since no info its given they CAN CHANGE WITHOUT WARNING!!!

Lets say that BW can track how many of certain item has droped on a server, or at least how many of it its selling on GTN. If they can increase or decrease the drop rates without warning (since no info its given its given at all) they can CONTROL ITEM OFER by cutting or adding drop chances.

What im saying its: random its aways random, but they need clarify more the random drop rates. In a game where so many pp, loves damage numbers, defense detailed numbers, etc, its amazing how we are so forgiving to developers the lack of information on the random drop chances topic.

Nah, I wouldn't bother to waste my time on that. It just creeps me out when people start involving their kids in $500+ spending sprees. Just a personal irk I suppose.

At least if it was spent on something tangible. Something you could point at and say, yup I bought this coat, or outfit, or monitor, or dishwasher. It disturbs me too, that so much money could be thrown at stuff, that doesn't exist, and that you won't even get to keep forever. Eventually it will be taken away, when it folds...so you don't even *own* the pixels you're getting, you're just renting them for a while.

Ya ... something to be said for ludicrous amounts of disposable income.

No, it's the sheer waste (which makes the Polish Jew in me go /facepalm). There are so many infinitely better things that one can blow that much cash on.

(Example: I can buy the beginnings of a turbocharger/intercooler set-up, or most of a nitrous oxide system for my '84 Supra for that, and it will hold its value, and add to the resale value should ever sell the car, soooo....I mean, there's no arguing taste, but that much, for pixels that you won't even own? What. The. F-word, I really don't get it :/)

Edited by midianlord

Excuse me, no:

She made it our business by starting this thread.

Unless she really ius just trolling, in which case I have to say:

Masterfully done, OP -- 9/10, would read again for sure!

She pays for all f2p accounts.

Like 50 of them have been covered. :)

She also causes inflation and makes me able to buy the armor pieces I want for chump change.

Everyone wins in this situation except for her.

Be grateful.

/Me chuckles cynically....

Gives a whole new dimension to the term "pay-to-win," eh?

Well!

She pays (a lot), and someone clearly wins, at least.

/Me smiles some more, which quickly turns to an uncontrollable roar of laughter...

Edited by midianlord

/Me chuckles cynically....

Gives a whole new dimension to the term "pay-to-win," eh?

Well!

She pays (a lot), and someone clearly wins, at least.

/Me smiles some more, which quickly turns to an uncontrollable roar of laughter...

I really don't understand your post are you laughing because of the fact that people paying money pays for the f2p people or what cause that doesn't seem like something to laugh about. In fact I was going to post something else about your post but I would want to check your response to that soon and as I'm about to go to bed I decided for this response.

No, just waxing philoso-cynical (<---yes, I just made up a word).

This may backstop the loss of revenue from freebs, but does it do so in anything like the long-term?

I tend to doubt it, a lot of the freebs I see coming in to this game --spotted easily by their all-but-literally painful to watch slooooooow jogging on the origin planets-- I tend to never see again, except for the odd /whisper in broken English offering to sell me gold, so does people throwing all that money into the CM making up for freebs' lack of revenue really help the game in the long run?

I mean, lookit:

How many of those freebs go on to sub? And stay subbed? I certainly know of one, because I added them to my whitelist once upon a time ago --it was after a Black Talon FP, and this guy seemed like an actual good player, so we got to talking, and I said "Dude, just sub --the restrictions on freebs are utterly asinine, to the point that your game will become essentially un-playable at higher levels" (<---been there, tried it on my first level-capped character) and they subbed, which means I now get a Kurtob Alliance mount on every new character I create.

But I haven't seen them in-game since, and that was a good long time ago now.

It compels the question:

What are we paying for, exactly vis-vis F2P players?

The health of an MMO community --which, ultimately defines the future of said MMO, or if it is to even have a future-- is ultimately dependent on its long-term players, not short-term freeb "floaters" and in-the-moment immediate gratification seeking money-wasters.

F2P may make up more short-term revenue, but the way TOR is going, I despair of this game's long term health.

IOW, what is it that really adds value to this game, and maintains its value/profitability, long-term?

It's not the gambling-addicts with too much money, I strongly suspect, and I also suspect it's not enough freebs going on to sub to keep that short-term money working and adding to it over the long term.

Edited by midianlord

mount drop rate is weird... never got anything good before, and then from like 3 packs, got a zeldrate :/ (not that it matters, but I tend to buy a pack here and there on GTN, for fun and amusement and rep)

that said. OP can spend money on whatever they wish to spend it all and "better things" is very relative.

to me, its no different from paying for premium TV channels, or going out to dinner several times a week, or going to the movies on weekends. none of these things last, all of those things cost a lot of money. did you earn that money? did you endanger anyone by spending that money (like you know buying packs instead of buying food or paying bills)? if the answers are no, then who the hell cares? its their money. you can spend your money on whatever YOU want, leave other people's choices out of it. and I say that as someone who would rather buy a few tangible things, like say art supplies, then cartel coins.

Edited by Jeweledleah

I purchased 9 Hypercrates: Trackers Bounty Packs on my account and 6 on the account I have for my daughter...that is 316 packs!! There was NOT ONE Raptor pet, NOT ONE Coastal varactyl and NOT ONE Flatland Zeldrate drop! It seems to me the drop rate for these items are a bit on the RIDICULOUS LOW side! I've spent a small fortune (my choice) for a chance to win those items. With that many packs it seems there should have been at least 1 drop!

Anyone else see a problem with the drop rate of these items?

I put in a ticket to ask why and was told to go to the suggestion thread of the Forums. I went there and there is no place for a complaint post on this subject. :mad::mad::mad:

You know....you'd be much better off buying 1-2 hypercrates and then selling the items on the GTN for money and then buying whichever mount you want. As others have pointed out, the drop rate is not cumulative, the number is calculated per pack and it's reset each time you open one. You can open all the hypercrates in the world and you may still not get any. Or you may open one and get all of them.

A friend of mine bought only 4 packs and got all three mounts from them. It's just a matter of luck.

Yea it's real smart to pile ridicule and condemnation on cash spenders. Lawd knows this games has a too bloated budget and all. You're doing good work driving business away, carry on. That's gonna get that space sim/boxed expansion out. Edited by aeterno

You know....you'd be much better off buying 1-2 hypercrates and then selling the items on the GTN for money and then buying whichever mount you want. As others have pointed out, the drop rate is not cumulative, the number is calculated per pack and it's reset each time you open one. You can open all the hypercrates in the world and you may still not get any. Or you may open one and get all of them.

A friend of mine bought only 4 packs and got all three mounts from them. It's just a matter of luck.

That all may be true.. But still Bioware needs to increase the drop rates dramatically.. If they are using low drop rates in the packs as a mean to generate income.. This game is doomed.. Because we the player don't mean anything.. How many packs we buy is all that matters..

Nobody should have to spend an arm and a leg for a mount in a video game.. They should be spending more time working on content and not how to get more money out of our wallets.. The money will come if they have a product that is worth it..

I am a subscriber.. But with the amount of effort that goes in to the Market compared to the rest of the game.. I am starting to wonder why I subscribe.. :(

Random Number Generator. You are gambling. Luck of the draw. Deal with it. If you can't afford to spend it, don't. Simple. If you lack self control, seek professional help. Don't come here whining about it if you have no sense of personal responsibillity.

That all may be true.. But still Bioware needs to increase the drop rates dramatically.. If they are using low drop rates in the packs as a mean to generate income.. This game is doomed.. Because we the player don't mean anything.. How many packs we buy is all that matters..

Nobody should have to spend an arm and a leg for a mount in a video game.. They should be spending more time working on content and not how to get more money out of our wallets.. The money will come if they have a product that is worth it..

I am a subscriber.. But with the amount of effort that goes in to the Market compared to the rest of the game.. I am starting to wonder why I subscribe.. :(

No, they don't.

There is a reason why some items are flagged as RARE, SUPER RARE and so forth. People even have the ability(!) to check an items' rarity, by clicking on it in the Collections Tab. If they choose not do it, it's clearly not Bioware's fault.

I agree, and this discussion thread has got me to thinking, I'm not going to support the packs in any form anymore. I'm just going to run the sub, that's all. Never did like the idea of the packs tbh, don't like the gambling aspect of it. I indulged in quite a few packs and just to blow off my coins, but tbh, I think only one time I got something I really wanted, and that frankly isn't worth the expenditure. Besides if there are people like the OP, they don't need my cash, I need my cash more than EA lol. If it keeps on the course its going on, I probably won't even pay the sub lol. There really hasn't been much to pique my interest lately. Don't care for space pvp, or regular pvp, or their reindeer games helmet.

Are people still not getting the whole 'rare' concept? (super) Rare means that not everyone has the item/mount. If everyone could simply get it, then it would not be rare anymore would it?

I can't believe that people complain about this every time...do you start complaining like this when you don't win anything with the lottery?

EDIT: Yeah packs are a scam but they pay for the game so Im glad there are people willing to spend so much on it.

Edited by Gokkus

THanks for supporting the game! :D There is some good advice here in the replies. Take some of the rare stuff you HAVE gotten and sell it, with that amount of crates you are sure to be flush with creds to allow you to buy that mount. Might just take a little more effort unfortunately this time.

Shy!!!

*** are you doing, 15 hyper Crates. Thats OVER 600.00$ worth of cartel coins.

Jesus, you could of just bought 600.00$ worth of credits from a gold seller and purchased whatever you wanted or even buy thing off the CC store and sell them on the GTN if you saved all the CC's over the months.

*** WERE YOU THINKING

(god I hope this a troll post)

Gold seller?

Are you serious?

Buy those crates, wait 2 days and begin to drop them on GTN... will have so much credits that could buy all items in them in maybe week more.

All this with 0 risk of having your account compromised or banned.

If he/she can afford it, great for them. No need to bash the OP.

I myself buy 2 hypercrates of each new pack. One to open because I like to gamble :) The other to sell.

With the items I get from the packs and the money I make from selling the other, along with the cash I make in game , is usually enough to get everything in pack (I like to collect everything)

Thank you for supporting the game!

This!!!

People like the OP should be encouraged not abused. Envy has no place in this thread (for that's what it smells like, plain ol' envy).

Regarding the RNG on this particular set of packs, it does seem that with all the armor sets in this pack that the drop rate for speeders is lower (at least to me). However I wish the OP luck with the next 15 hypercrates (Opportunist Bounty Packs) out in December. :):):)

Edited by Jamus_Divinus