Concerning droid scanning....

serenitty

BW pls 'lock' droid corpses that need scanning for quests, to the person that kills them.

Its so fustrating, having to kill a group of droids to scan their remains, only to have some idiot come running in and scanning before you get a chance.

*Edited, to clear up confusion between quest scanning and scavenging*

Edited by serenitty
To clarify for quest scanning and not scavenging.

BW pls 'lock' droid corpses that need scanning, to the person that kills them.

Its so fustrating, having to kill a group of droids to scan their remains, only to have some idiot come running in and scanning before you get a chance.

I think that's the #1 thing that pisses me off. A complete lack of common courtesy. But the flipside is that I love finding other people's kills that can be scanned because they left it there.

Maybe an ideal solution would be a timer or proximity system that allows the person that made the kill to have chance to scan it, but if they move away, then it's open season.

Wow, some people have too much time on their hands.

No complete opposite....I don't have too much time on my hands. Not enough, that when I sit down to play, I don't want to end up having to kill twice as many enemies than I have to, just cause some people can't wait to see what I am going to do when I finished. Especially when those enemies don't like giving you what you need at the best of times.

No complete opposite....I don't have too much time on my hands. Not enough, that when I sit down to play, I don't want to end up having to kill twice as many enemies than I have to, just cause some people can't wait to see what I am going to do when I finished. Especially when those enemies don't like giving you what you need at the best of times.

You do realize that no one can scavenge the droid you just killed until you loot it, right?

You do realize that no one can scavenge the droid you just killed until you loot it, right?

Well only if it dropped loot.

OP, yeah, ninjas exist. Personally when I am doing a quest like this, I usually kill one and then scan while my comp kills anyone else.

But ninjas will ninja, it's just part of the game.

When not in a phase, doesn't every NPC of strong difficulty and above drop at least a gray item?

Outside of flashpoints, operations, and quest phases, I think every strong has something to loot, even if it's vendor trash. If that's the case, then either the other person is hovering and just waiting for you to loot, or you may be auto-group-looting and they just get to a particular corpse before you do.

When not in a phase, doesn't every NPC of strong difficulty and above drop at least a gray item?

Outside of flashpoints, operations, and quest phases, I think every strong has something to loot, even if it's vendor trash. If that's the case, then either the other person is hovering and just waiting for you to loot, or you may be auto-group-looting and they just get to a particular corpse before you do.

The majority of droids needed for scanning are normally, normal mobs. So they don't always drop loot. For instance I am outside wilkes base on tatooine killing droids to scan their remains. They normally group in 3's, I am down to my last droid, no loot dropped at that point. Before the last droid died 2 guys swoop in from no where and scan the 2 on the ground. Luckily the last one had loot so they couldn't touch it. Normally I would do what the poster above said and leave the comp to fight but I don't like doing that if my comp is a healer.

Its just annoying to have to worry whose hovering around while you're trying to fight when killing them is not all that is needed to do.

The majority of droids needed for scanning are normally, normal mobs.

Wait what? I don't think everyone is on the same page here. I believe most people in the thread are talking about scavenging, which can only be done on silver droids and above, and only after they've been looted(all silvers and above always have loot). What are you referring to?

Well only if it dropped loot.

Every scavangeable droid drops loot. Only strong+ droids are scavangeable and all strong+ enemies drop loot. Same with animals and bioanalysis.

Wait what? I don't think everyone is on the same page here. I believe most people in the thread are talking about scavenging, which can only be done on silver droids and above, and only after they've been looted(all silvers and above always have loot). What are you referring to?

Yeah, it's clear to me now that by "scanning droids" the OP must be referring to droids for a quest, like those on Tatooine outside Mos Anek (I think), for example.

Edited by branmakmuffin

Now that that's clear, perhaps playing a multi-player game is not for you. You can't control others' actions.

I can accept (don't like it) but can accept ninjas looting chests while you're clearing a path to get to it. I understand that's the nature of multi-player that you can't avoid. But, when it comes to quest objectives, there should be a way to ensure what you kill IS yours til you no longer need it. Yes you're always going to get idiots that don't want to do the work, but surely BW can prevent that on their end.

Now that that's clear, perhaps playing a multi-player game is not for you. You can't control others' actions.

no. you are objectively wrong.

while you cannot control other people's actions, you can make questing less of a pain.

after all - we already have mob tagging mechanic in place, precisely because bioware wants to prevent as much ninjaing of objectives as they can. I could have sworn though that the tagging extended past death onty scanning or whatever.

if I'm wrong then it should be added. we already have enough competition when it comes to getting objectives that aren't tied to a mob. some of you may find it fun, but personally, I find it annoying.

yes, I like playing with other people. no I don't like playing with objective stealing jerks. most people who are not objective stealing jerks - don't.

no. you are objectively wrong.

while you cannot control other people's actions

Which means I am objectively right. Since what I said was, truism though it be, you can't control others' behavior.

you can make questing less of a pain. after all - we already have mob tagging mechanic in place, precisely because bioware wants to prevent as much ninjaing of objectives as they can.

What evidence do you have to support this? If that were true we wouldn't have periodic threads complaining about "ninjas" taking quest objectives while the complainer was engaging nearby enemies.

if I'm wrong then it should be added. we already have enough competition when it comes to getting objectives that aren't tied to a mob. some of you may find it fun, but personally, I find it annoying.

yes, I like playing with other people. no I don't like playing with objective stealing jerks. most people who are not objective stealing jerks - don't.

Most people are not "objective stealing jerks." Some are. You can't stop them. And the problem is not big enough (forum hyperbole notwithstanding) to warrant a programatic fix.

Again, perhaps a multi-player game is not for you.

Edited by branmakmuffin