Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

why are the 2nd shipment packs being removed?

watermelonfan

I kind of understand the first shipment being removed because it has no rep system. So I figured they will add a rep to it in the future then bring it back. What I don't understand is why are they removing the second shipment packs? First they remove the first shipment, now the second shipment packs. Why do they keep doing this? Are they going to remove the third shipment too eventually? and when are the first shipment packs coming back? They have been gone for about 4 months. Edited by watermelonfan

I kind of understand the first shipment being removed because it has no rep system. So I figured they will add a rep to it in the future then bring it back. What I don't understand is why are they removing the second shipment packs? First they remove the first shipment, now the second shipment packs. Why do they keep doing this? Are they going to remove the third shipment too eventually? and when are the first shipment packs coming back? They have been gone for about 4 months.

Step right up everyone is a winner

when you win you win

and when you lose you win

so its a lose lose by default

You figured wrong. The packs get retired, never to return. New packs take their place. It's a shrewd business move as people start buying up older packs to try to get the things they couldn't or to sock away to resell at a later date.

And it works for those of us that plan ahead. I recently sold an old dancers top for 300k. They were a dime a dozen when they first dropped out of packs way back when. In fact, you couldn't sell them on GTN.

You figured wrong. The packs get retired, never to return. New packs take their place. It's a shrewd business move as people start buying up older packs to try to get the things they couldn't or to sock away to resell at a later date.

Actually, they have said that Shipment 1 packs may return at some point.

OP, I think they just want to keep the CM from getting too crazy full. Generally, most people are going to want the newest items, so I doubt there's a huge number of people still buying the old packs. Everyone has a chance to bulk buy now if they want something or if they plan to sell later at a higher price.

I don't think there's a big conspiracy here, they're just tidying up the CM.

Yeah, I figure they'll start cycling in the older shipment packs eventually, probably once they reach shipment four or five. They can have one or two "classic" pack shipment available while they introduce new ones. They'll be a rush on the older packs because their items are now rare and valuable. Then they'll go away and be replaced by another "classic" set, not to be seen for almost a year.

Yeah, I figure they'll start cycling in the older shipment packs eventually, probably once they reach shipment four or five. They can have one or two "classic" pack shipment available while they introduce new ones. They'll be a rush on the older packs because their items are now rare and valuable. Then they'll go away and be replaced by another "classic" set, not to be seen for almost a year.

^ This.

I have a different theory :

That they have some sort of databank in which there is a *fixed* number of possible shipments out there.

This means that when they want to add something new, they have to take something else away. Simply because they just cannot make more room anymore.

If a storeroom is full, you just have to throw some things away, sell them, or give them away as presents - because any store room has a limited capacity.

And this is - how I see it, personally - what's happening with the Cartel Shipments as well.

And withg the next expansion, a number of new packs is coming as well ...

Plus, if the shelves in the shop remain unchanged, then at one point there isn't any reason to buy anything new anymore - simply because there isn't anything new.

From a marketing perspective, shops need to always have something new to "lwet the sale go on", and the money flowing as well !

I have a different theory :

That they have some sort of databank in which there is a *fixed* number of possible shipments out there.

This means that when they want to add something new, they have to take something else away. Simply because they just cannot make more room anymore.

If a storeroom is full, you just have to throw some things away, sell them, or give them away as presents - because any store room has a limited capacity.

And this is - how I see it, personally - what's happening with the Cartel Shipments as well.

And withg the next expansion, a number of new packs is coming as well ...

Plus, if the shelves in the shop remain unchanged, then at one point there isn't any reason to buy anything new anymore - simply because there isn't anything new.

From a marketing perspective, shops need to always have something new to "lwet the sale go on", and the money flowing as well !

No offense sir, this is however conjecture based on a limited understanding of databases, data integrity and how they function.

This had nothing to do with space issues. I have no desire to get into database design but I am sorry this theory is purely a misunderstanding of how database architecture and software works. Data is small and the packs when removed from the CM are still in the tables.

As others have explained before in prior threads it's likely a desire to create a sense of rarity and to drive the consumers to buy more packs before the items disappear plus when the packs are being pulled people start buying the shipment again it renews intrest in shipments that grow stale. This is a business and everything is done with revinue in mind I am sure. Except hot fixes and listening to the player base.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.