[BUG] Dread Fortress HM concussion mine animation

Darksplat

Hi

Before the current patch we couldn't see the debug of the CM. After the patch we can Yay! But now it doesn't disappear(you have to die or /stuck) and in my raid last night (Ausdie time)we had people with 4 separate concussion mine debuffs. My computer is a 2009 iMac running bootcamp win7 64 bit ultimate ed and I run on the low video setting. But can confirm on the other peoples computers which have various high end graphics that they had the same visual effect. I will post an image later as I am not on my computer. Oh by the way we downed him for the first time as well!

Picture 1

Picture 2

Cheers

Edited by Darksplat
Added pictur

Some more information about this issue:

There are two Concussion Mine debuffs in the fight with Corruptor Zero: a stackable version that can be removed by walking into the boss, (occurs only once or twice per fight) and another debuff that does not stack and does not expire. (much more frequent)

This second debuff does not do any damage or visual effects, and we do not yet know how to cleanse it. Before 2.4.1, this debuff has always been invisible, which is why no one cared about it, but now that you fixed the icon on it, players are confused about it because there are so many debuff icons that do absolutely nothing, and when someone gets the stackable one, it's hard to tell which one stacks and which one does not.

Currently, we are assuming that the second debuff is bugged because it seemingly does not do anything, but it could very well be a L2P issue where we do not yet understand the full mechanics of the boss fight.

See our thread in the Ops forums here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=689360

Edited by Jerba

Since there appears to be a lot of misinformation regarding this, I'd like to clarify some more information that will hopefully help the developers with analyzing this issue.

1) There are two types of Concussion Mine debuff: a stackable DoT version that can be removed by walking into the boss and that is not announced when the boss adds it, (occurs only once or twice per fight) and another debuff that does not stack and does not expire, but that is casted by the boss before applying it. (much more frequent) Both debuffs have the same name and icon, but only the stackable debuff has a description.

2) This issue is not related to the 2.4.1 fix for the Concussion Mine, it has been present since 2.4.0. However, before 2.4.1 the debuff in question was missing its icon, which is why a lot of people never noticed it before. You literally had to place your mouse over the empty debuff window to even notice that you had those debuffs (because then "Concussion Mine" would show up in the tooltip). Now that the icon was fixed so that it looks identical to the stackable debuff, a lot of people are seeing this second debuff for the first time.

3) There is a lot of uncertainty among players why there are two types of Concussion Mines, since both have the same icon and name, but they do different things. This confusion is increased because unlike the stackable debuff, this other debuff has no description, does not expire, does no damage, shows no visual effects on the player character and cannot be cleansed by healers. Therefore, we have to assume that this debuff is bugged and should do something.

Now, on to possible solutions:

1) State this other debuff is working as intended and we're missing a mechanic where this debuff comes into play. In this case, you may want to change the icon so that healers won't mix both debuffs up, and add a description so we know how to deal with this debuff.

2) Remove this second debuff altogether, and only have the boss cast the stackable debuff.

3) Fix this debuff so that it does damage or is relevant for the fight, and that the debuff can be removed. (Currently, the debuffs will stay even after you killed the boss). For example, make the debuff expire after some time, or make it cleanseable by healers.

In any case, the boss fight creates a lot of confusion in its current version, and I hope it will be changed.

Edited by Jerba

• Dev Post

I wanted to be sure and post to let you know that we are aware that the the Concussion Mine debuff is not always removed as intended during the encounter with Corruptor Zero in Hard Mode. The fix for this is currently planned for Game Update 2.4.2. In the meantime, we'll get it on the Known Issues with the next update.

Thanks for your reports!