Duo Leveling as Darkness, Spec Advice Needed

Putok

So far, I'm having great success duoing with a good friend who's playing a Marauder. We're having no issue doing 4 person heroics, and managing flashpoints with a little creative consumable use.

My question is about where to put my points mid-level. I figure it'd be sensible to stick with Darkness until I get Energize and Dark Ward, but I'm wondering if it'd make sense to start going up the Madness tree to get Death Field before moving deeper into the Darkness tree. It seems that the significantly increased damage output/threat from the madness talents might outweigh the additional survivability found deeper in the Darkness tree, unless I really start getting my butt kicked.

Does anyone have any thoughts or experience?

Honestly it shouldn''t hurt you at all either way. I leveled up to 27 as a deception spec and then switched over to darkness, and it didn''t change my leveling speed any at that point. Honestly though I wouldn''t switch to putting points into any other tree until you get Blood of Sith. Dark ward is also awesome once you start stacking a bit of absorption.

~~

I'm not much higher than you, but I can give my general feelings on it:

I would suggest sticking to your Darkness points for the near future. That way, if you decide to try a Darkness-Madness variant for Death Field later on, you will know/feel what you are giving up to get it. Won't be any second guessing or just taking people's words for it; you'll just know.

~~