Contractor's Chestplate Jetpack Doesn't function

Lowarro

On my bounty hunter using abilities like death from above, recharge and reload, and rocket boost, abilities that animate using the jetpack when available, are not animating like a jetpack when the Contractor's chestplate is equipped. Other armors with the same model and jetpack work fine, but contractor's is giving the rocket boots animation instead of using the jetpack.

Also in the area of graphical bugs, revans mask clips through Jedi Battlelord's hood as well as identical items (on my body type 3 jedi).

Edited by Lowarro

Awh, that sucks. :/ Was planning on getting that chest piece for my BH after I get a new pc and try the merc. Wish they fixed it. What's the point of a jetpack?!

Masks clipping under hoods on body type 3 is an age old problem. I like (or hate actually) how they masked it in their cartel pack advertisement by putting letters over the forehead area of a body type 3 character wearing revan's set (or the other) set :p

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

...Masks clipping under hoods on body type 3 is an age old problem. I like (or hate actually) how they masked it in their cartel pack advertisement by putting letters over the forehead area of a body type 3 character wearing revan's set (or the other) set :p

Actually the mask doesn't clip on the revan's chest piece, just the battlelord, and the new orange sets that are basically recolored battlelords.

It annoys me since my 'pub main is a guardian wearing battlelord with revan's mask, and my imp main is a bounty hunter wearing contractor chest (it dyes better than other versions of the same chest that have working jetpacks).

Other armors with the same model and jetpack work fine ...

None of the ones I have tested work. Which ones are working for you?

Also, I could have sworn the CZ-5 Armored Assault Harness previously showed the jetpack effect (when using rocket boost), but that no longer works, either.

Edited by Optiv

None of the ones I have tested work. Which ones are working for you?

Also, I could have sworn the CZ-5 Armored Assault Harness previously showed the jetpack effect (when using rocket boost), but that no longer works, either.

I haven't tested in a while, but when I did it was the customizable one get around taris I think. I see if I can test a few when I log on.

I have discovered a fix for the Contractor's Chestguard (and other models):-

In graphics settings, you need to activate “high” under “character level of detail”.

What’s strange about this is that other models work on a low setting. The Black Market Chestguard, for example, displays the jetpack animation on a low setting. Why this works on low, but not others, is anyone’s guess. They appear to use the same animations. :confused:

• 3 months later...