suggestion for making armor tier climbing more fulfilling

Deasithe

me personally,, i would make *ALL* the flashpoints level 55

and simply make the outcome match that of a commonplace climb to the top

that way you can start out with the first hardmodes as they give better stats

to do the next chain

it's disappointing to think i'll really have no reason to do exlusive flashpoints

like false emperor and the battle of ilum and their respective operations

if you just boost the stats of these armors so players are directed to complete these flashpoints

once they reach level 55 and finish their quests

the progression could start with black talon/foundry/false/etc.

to the newer hardmodes, saving operations for that order too, where the latest hardmodes

would get you ready for the old operations, and the old operations to get you ready for the new

im sure commedations could be rearranged in some sort of way considering there are so many

options for dailies, perhaps more variety in mounts and a new set of cosmetic armor

or different types of cool rewards on top of, say, half of the daily areas giving you one set of rewards

and the other half another

something to consider

i hate missing out on content!!!

i'd love to see a form of tionese armor/weapons back in the game

i know it's farfetched to wish such a thing

but it would be great to climb from "classic armor"

to a form of tionese to the new hardmode variation

then back to black hole and on to operations

or whatever the order may be

something to think about, especially when rolling in new content

i love climbing ladders (seriously)

the same happened in tera when they rolled out their new content

what made it worse was that you could just buy the new armor

i stopped playing WoW after BC came out

but im sure i would have missed all it's content as well

maaaaaaan i want to progress through end game through all it's glory

something to consider, my valiant lore masters

Not really sure what you're wanting exactly. I doubt they will retool any of the level 50 HM FPs anytime soon. Don't forget there are still those that will be stuck at level 50 if they're not subscribers.

There is a gear progression in place already, you get comms from dailies and flash points for gear, them progress to ops and get the gear drops there.

Maybe you can more clearly state what you want, because right now, I'm confused.

I think what he wants is to make old OPs part of the general progression of endgame content.

When level caps are extended it obsoletes old raid content, he wants it back in the ladder of progression instead of being bypassed.

Easier to understand with WoW. When Burning Crusade came out, the old raids (molten core, blackwing lair, ect.) were no longer progression instances and could be ignored completely as they were level 60 raids, instead of level 70. Blizzard partly addressed this issue by revamping the old instances for higher level game play (see Zul'Gurub and Zul'Amen) but these were brought back as 5 man instances instead of progression raids, and were once again obsoleted by new expansions. The only full raid that was brought back into progression was Naxxaramus in Wotlk, which was obsoleted in Cata.

If I have understood the OP correctly he wants raids to always remain in the progression chain, instead of being obsoleted by expansions that extend the level cap. If this is the case then i agree with the OP.

I always disliked the notion that all this content that was put into the game was retired, mind you it does sometimes make the world feel like its developing. Expansions basically put checkmarks in the lore progression of the game. All raids prior to an expansion of considered complete instead of ongoing story wise.

So ultimately I'm in favour of keeping old content relevant but theres strong arguments for the current system.

Then don't.

Thats not always a possibility. In most cases the content is still available to run through (although sometimes it's fully removed), but it is not the same experience as running through it when it is relevant to your level and gear, not to mention the group aspect.

As or what exactly the OP is suggesting as far as scaling goes, I'm not sure. Personally I dislike vertical progression (increased level cap) compared to horizontal progression (maintaing level cap but still progressing your character). For instance you would obsolete old content yourself by progressing your gear beyond it, but you still had to go through it to get there. Expacs would release significant additions, such as zones (planets) and raids without increasing lv cap. This keeps old content relevant for new players and alts.

Issue with this are people who like level cap increases, and people who want their alts to be able to get into new "current" content quickly.

I'm not sure what the OP wants in this regard exactly. Since this game is so story driven I don't see this being a possibility. The suggestions I made are really something a game has to decide to do from the start, it can not be adequately addressed retroactively. But I believe it is a good topic for discussion for any MMO community.

The old content is still relevant for gear progression in that there is a weekly for completing hard mode classic ops which rewards comms.

Personally, I like that there are ops to do at level 50 and then more available at 55. It let's people learn strategies on ops which have a higher level of forgiveness for screwing up than the hardest level ops available at a given time.

It's up to the community and guilds to run the classic Ops. I don't think the game should force anyone to go through them in order if they don't want to.

I'm still not exactly sure what they meant about all the flash points being level 55 and having to be done in order to get to the ops. I like being able to pick and choose what I do with my characters. I, for one, skipped A LOT of content on my first play through, but that just gives me more reason to make alts and do different things while leveling. (I still have never done red reaper or several of the pub side FPs...) If you don't do everything the game has to offer on one play through, I see that as a GOOD thing. More replay value.

Edited by GatorAndy