What to buy next with comms?

exdeusimperator

Ok I have managed to scrap up what I think is decent gear thanks to some great rolls on TFB, S&V, and DF 16 mans and thanks to those I now have lots of ultimate and elite coms. My problem is I don't know what piece of gear to buy. I roughly know what stats to look at but no idea if I should replace a bit of my 66 gear, or replace one of the 69's. Also have no idea where to get the BiS relics and if I should even care. Please take a look at my build in Mr. Robot and give me some help! Link to my gear.

get some arkanian relics. i believe they are on the elite comm vendor, or basic. get the serendipitous assault and boundless ages. or they drop off 3rd boss on tfb. however, in SM they are a random drop, they dont seem to drop every time. in hardmode the underworld relic token drops each time.

next find an enhancement to replace the alacrity on your head. probably with a surge/power (adept) enhancement

try not to exceed 100% accuracy with melee and 110% with force, with that said, id suggest replacing your arkanian implant with verpine pummelers mk-1 implant. That will cost elite comms.

for your ultimate comms, you may want to invest in the Oriconian Foestopper's MK-2 Offhand Saber. dont use that saber outright though. take out the hilt, put it in your offhand. put the mod and enhancement in your mainhand.

you may want to drop the accuracy enhancement in your pants too, eventually, for a surge/power (adept).

That should get you started on the right path.

review this thread http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=659058 . a full guide on combat spec

Pretty similar advice to the post above, but with some additional details:

Stat distribution:

1. You want accuracy not too much above 100% (basic attack) and 110% (special and force/tech).

You're in ataru form, which is boosting your accuracy, so you only need 3 pieces of gear total with accuracy on them. Your implants and earpiece are very nice pieces and they have accuracy, so keep those and try to replace all the accuracy enhancements with surge enhancements when you can.

If you switch to another stance (watchman tree with juyo form or focus tree with shii-cho form) then you'll lose 3% accuracy, and then you're about right in accuracy, but you could still swap out one accuracy enhancement for a surge enhancement.

2. Alacrity isn't helping you much at all. You should swap out the alacrity enhancement (in your headpiece) for a surge enhancement.

----

What to buy:

1. Relics: You need some level 55 relics. Other than mainhand/offhand, these will be the biggest boost you'll see (because yours are so bad). Ways to get them:

- If you've done any pvp and have some warzone commendations, you can buy some conqueror relics (get serendipitous assault first and kinetic tempest second [the one that does more Force damage] for ataru form).

- If you have lots of basic commendations, you can buy arkanian relics from the vendor. Get boundless ages first [and remember to click it on cooldown during fights right before precision slash!] (serendipitous assault is a drop from TFB only) and the one that does more Force damage next.

- If you have lots of classic commendations, you can buy dread guard relics (old ones, pre 2.0). Get boundless ages first and the one that does more Force damage next.

Best would be: A serendipitous assault and a boundless ages (if you can remember to click it). If you can't get one of those, replace it with one that does Force damage. Bizarrely, the dread guard relics are better than the arkanian relics of the same type (but any serendipitous assault is better than any of those).

Other ways: As a drop from dread guards in TFB, and as rewards for completing the story quests for the new ops (after doing the story quests for oricon)

2. With ultimate comms, buy an offhand first. Put the offhand hilt in your offhand, and put the mods and enhancements in other slots (replacing your worst mods and enhancements).

3. Buy a mainhand if you can. I heard there's a rating 69 one in the CZ-198 area if you have enough reputation from them (I didn't double check though). If not, you can buy a purple 66 one off the GTN for probably 40,000 to 60,000 or, if you have Makeb reputation, you can buy a purple 66 one from a Makeb reputation vendor. If you have lots of credits, you can buy a 72 one instead (will run you maybe 1.5 million to buy the materials to trade to someone).

4. Now spend your ultimate and elite comms to upgrade other gear. Look for pieces that have power mods, with a preference for the pieces you have 66 armorings for. You can take out the armoring to put it in that piece, and take out the mod and enhancement and put them in the most suitable place (i.e. replace your worst mod and enhancement, with a preference for replacing the alacrity and accuracy enhancements with surge ones).

4a. If you have tons of ultimate comms, the oriconian implants are really good, actually (but your implants are good compared to the rest of your gear, so focus on getting rid of the 66's first). Get the power surge one if you still have too much accuracy, or the power accuracy one if you've replaced all the accuracy enhancements.

5. You can buy purple 66 enhancements off the GTN, also for 40,000 to 60,000 probably, to replace any enhancements you need to (i.e. to have enough surge).

6. Augments really do help, so buy or make some augmentation kits and augments when you're able. Adding two augments is about as good as upgrading one piece with all purple 66 mods to all purple 72 mods.

Edited by cxten