The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The BattleZone! Round 1 Match 15: Satele Shan vs. Count Dooku

Aurbere

OK, playing devil's advocate is no fun if my enemies refuse to weep. So I'm just going to post Dooku's trump cards:

1. Dual-phase lightsaber: Dooku's lightsaber is capable of retracing into a short sword, and though he have never used it before this is the perfect situation, as it allows for devastating close quarters combat as it allows for greater speed and dexterity. And when Satele is unarmed she'll be hard pressed to evade a flurry of rapid stabs without taking injury.

2. Knowledge of Ataru: Aurbere brought up Dooku's knowledge of Ataru's weaknesses and I countered with the excellent defense afforded by her saberstaff, however once that is gone Dooku will be much more able to exploit Ataru's weaknesses, because Satele is going to resort to su man rotations to evade Dooku - and then he'll cut her up.

3. Dun Moch: feign weakness, Dooku can allow Satele to knock his lightsaber away and allow her to knock him down and then when she attempts to deal the killing blow...

Ultimately I think Dooku is too clever for Satele and has too much tricks up his sleeves for her to deal with. She can try to plow through with her Force abilities - which shouldn't be underestimated in the slightest - but Dooku will ensure she trips up. He'll probably take a beating, but I feel in the end he will win.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright debaters and spectators. This is the final decision.

Scenario:

Grand Jedi Master Satele Shan and Jedi Apostate Dooku drew their lightsabers. Satele Shan took the offensive, striking at Dooku with her double-bladed lightsaber. The Count was quickly forced onto the defensive, parrying and deflecting Satele's attacks with ease. Satele's assault was relentless, and any attempts Dooku made to go on the offensive were halted by Satele Shan's graceful acrobatics. She dodged his counter-attacks with grace then struck at his flank, causing the Count to return to the defensive.

Realizing that the Grand Master's offensive couldn't be halted so easily, the former Jedi made a sudden retreat, breaking away from the duel as quickly as he could. He then took the offensive before Satele could, striking at her legs in an attempt to make her leap into a position that would allow him to end the duel. The attack was successful. Satele leapt over the Count's head, but she positioned her double-bladed lightsaber defensively to prevent him from ending her.

Dooku struck at her lightsaber hilt, severing the Grand Master's lightsaber. Quickly and with no mercy, Dooku went for the killing blow, thrusting his blade at her heart. But the Grand Master raised her hands and caught Dooku's lightsaber. It was unexpected, but Dooku quickly recovered from the shock and fired a bolt of lightning into the defending Jedi Master.

With Satele's concentration broken, Dooku pushed his blade into Satele's chest.

Count Dooku is the winner!

Thoughts and Conclusions:

As always, a decision such as this is never easy, but a decision had to be made.

As a disclaimer, the above scenario is a collection of the arguments made and then put together in a way that makes sense. If something just doesn't seem right (like Zannah vs. Qel-Droma) it is probably because it simply wasn't mentioned throughout the debate. And also note that the above scenario is not a definite way that an encounter between them would go down, and that this is only one of many scenarios that I had devised.

In the end, I feel that this was the correct decision, but don't get upset. As always, the loser will return in the Loser's Bracket.

So that's it. There is your winner and the conclusion to Match 15. A thank you to all who participated. Our final match should prove the most epic of them all. A titanic showdown between the second Galactic Sith Emperor and the Heir to the Golden Age of the Sith! Only in The BattleZone!

Edited by Aurbere

I have been trying to keep up with these battles, but I missed the one I have been waiting for...ZANNAH! Who was the winner there? Please tell me Zannah won. In the meantime I am going to try and find that thread so I can read for myself.

I have been trying to keep up with these battles, but I missed the one I have been waiting for...ZANNAH! Who was the winner there? Please tell me Zannah won. In the meantime I am going to try and find that thread so I can read for myself.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwV_BdsxXrI&t=3m11s

i.e. she was defeated, by Ulic Qel Droma...

...I know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwV_BdsxXrI&t=3m11s

i.e. she was defeated, by Ulic Qel Droma...

...I know.

/sigh

I was all set to argue for Zannah, then I got sick and missed the whole debate. So sad to find out Ulic got the win. Zannah shall be avenged. Still, it's been a fun series so far. Can't wait for the second round fights.

Edited by Kilikaa

/sigh

I was all set to argue for Zannah, then I got sick and missed the whole debate. So sad to find out Ulic got the win. Zannah shall be avenged. Still, it's been a fun series so far. Can't wait for the second round fights.

Well, we all have people we want to do well. Hence the Loser's Bracket.