Sniper/Gunslinger - Ballistic Shield/Riot Screen bug?

Glower

Reduces all damage taken while in cover by [3 / 6]% and reduces the cooldown of Ballistic Shield / Scrambling Field by [15 / 30] seconds.

But i don't see any stats changes... :confused:

And one year later we got this:

using recording software to record damage done/recieved, when abilities are used, what the effects were, (per rules I can't disclose what software to use, but you are allowed to use recording softwares per the ToS, you just can't use Bot softwares) and also recording my own gameplay in PvPs to really learn and understand my toons better.

The Shields do not reduce any damage at all, what so ever. In not one data table I have makes any difference at all. Only thing that changes is Force Choke can't be used on you while the person trying to do it is on the other side of the shield, and that you can't get hit by a grappler hook, and so fourth either.

Abilities like full auto, saber throw, normal attacks, and so fourth, cause full, complete damage without issue. Nothing the sniper had shield wise decreases any damage at all. It can PREVENT certain abilities from even effecting you, but majority, as in 99% of everything else done to cause deliberate damage, will perform full damage.

However, critical hits recieved while shields are up, only cause normal damage instead of critical damage.

Umm....

Do you mean Deployed Shields skill (Engineering Sniper top level skill) or cover system itself? :confused:

Both. Nothing decreases damage recieved.

Engineering Sniper top level skill included.

Can Bioware or someone else confirm? :confused: