The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Kaggath Tournament - Alliance of Worlds vs Krayt's Vision

Beniboybling

No issue really.
OK good, then we can get back to the real issue at hand. That is to say the incoming nerf bat...

Sorry guys, but its nerf or nothing.

Yes I am taking about the 24 million Alliance soldiers, I'm afraid the sheer number disparity is making any debate in that area impossible. And I think it would be nice to have some discussion, we've got some really interesting ground forces here and it would be a shame if they just wen't to waste.

Anyway I realise that said force is meant to be a Major Ground Force, so they will retain superior numbers but the rapidity will be small enough for a discussion to be had - I think we've exhausted the naval debate at this point.

So without further ado, NERF TIME!

The Alliance Army is going to be reduced to a single Army Corps which is 36,864 troops, which using the same ratio means roughly 150 SpecForce troops.

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh beni there was one object of debate that needed your attention..... how long would it take a couple ships traveling through hyperspace down one of the secret lanes (no stop just go) for them to reach Byss. I was thinking it would be a matter of hours others have said it will be days. We don't have the hyperspace chart for time wise.
Assuming this fleet is coming from Rendilli it would take 2 days on a plotted hyperspace lane.

But there are no 'secret lanes' leading to Byss - but a single artificial lane which you cannot simply cruise through uninterrupted. And it would seem that Bane actually had access to an old hyperspace route which he was only able to navigate successfully with the Force because it was perilous and in danger of collapsing.

And for reference, here is the hyperspace chart - remembering the numbers must be multiplexed by the hyperdrive.

OK good, then we can get back to the real issue at hand. That is to say the incoming nerf bat...

Yes I am taking about the 24 million Alliance soldiers, I'm afraid the sheer number disparity is making any debate in that area impossible. And I think it would be nice to have some discussion, we've got some really interesting ground forces here and it would be a shame if they just wen't to waste.

Anyway I realise that said force is meant to be a Major Ground Force, so they will retain superior numbers but the rapidity will be small enough for a discussion to be had - I think we've exhausted the naval debate at this point.

The Alliance Army is going to be reduced to a single Army Corps which is 36,864 troops, which using the same ratio means roughly 150 SpecForce troops.

WOW Beni hold up on the spec forces budy....... there were 10 division of spec forces with 100k in total a single division is 10k. Also a single Core of Rebel troops is 40k so I should be allowed at least that.

Edited by tunewalker

Assuming this fleet is coming from Rendilli it would take 2 days on a plotted hyperspace lane.

But there are no 'secret lanes' leading to Byss - but a single artificial lane which you cannot simply cruise through uninterrupted. And it would seem that Bane actually had access to an old hyperspace route which he was only able to navigate successfully with the Force because it was perilous and in danger of collapsing.

And for reference, here is the hyperspace chart - remembering the numbers must be multiplexed by the hyperdrive.

You are wrong there were secret lanes all through out that were discovered by the Emperor during the GCW. they changed often but they existed and both Pellaeon and Leia knew about them.

And that chart says it takes 1 day to any of the Deep core worlds from any of the Core worlds. Rendili is a Core world it should take no more then a day not 2 days.

Edited by tunewalker

Heh. No.

If you're herring Tune, he should get at LEAST 5k spec force.

Edit: Rofl IPad. Nerfing not herring.

Edited by Selenial

WOW Beni hold up on the spec forces budy....... there were 10 division of spec forces with 100k in total a single division is 10k. Also a single Core of Rebel troops is 40k so I should be allowed at least that.
Well I couldn't find any figures on that (what's your source?) so I just made some guesstimations.

I that is the case then I'll give the Alliance a single division. And the biggest regiment of Alliance troops I can find is the aforementioned 36K which seems pretty close so its probably what your referring to.

Well I couldn't find any figures on that (what's your source?) so I just made some guesstimations.

I that is the case then I'll give the Alliance a single division. And the biggest regiment of Alliance troops I can find is the aforementioned 36K which seems pretty close so its probably what your referring to.

Id like it on the record, this Nerf is ridiculous and I'm against it.

Just sayin.

SpecForce consisted of about 10 divisions. One division, Command Division, was under General Crix Madine (via subordinate officers) and was attached to Alliance High Command at all times. It possessed regiments representing all SpecForce specializations, which were assigned to various elements of High Command. Five other divisions were allocated more or less regionally, with the balance deployed as rogue divisions operationally attached to sector commands or other SpecForce divisions as needed. The regionally allocated divisions were commanded by a general; the rogue divisions were theoretically under the command of whatever divisional general they were assigned to, but in practice were primarily commanded by the colonels of their regiments.

Edit: you are right about the Core I just checked into it close enough sorry you sure I cant get 2 Corps.... or a sector Army a sector's most supreme commander yada yada like 50k? have mercy oh Nerf bat.

Edited by tunewalker

You are wrong there were secret lanes all through out that were discovered by the Emperor during the GCW. they changed often but they existed and both Pellaeon and Leia knew about them.

And that chart says it takes 1 day to any of the Deep core worlds from any of the Core worlds. Rendili is a Core world it should take no more then a day not 2 days.

Some evidence of this is necessary because according to Wookiee, sourcing the Essential Atlas:

It was situated at the end of the Byss Run, a heavily guarded artificial hyperlane kept open by hundreds of non-mass S-thread boosters, connecting the planet to the Core Worlds. The planet was otherwise nearly impossible to reach safely through hyperspace, due to the high density of stars in the Deep Core and the constantly shifting patterns of the region's natural hyperlanes.

There may be secret lanes into the Deep Core (though I'm not sure how Leia knows about them) but not to by Palpatine made sure to make that world a fortress in every respect.

And in general I think people need to get into the habit of posting their sources for these claims, because I'm seeing a lot on both sides and I can't pretend to be knowledge on these subjects. I'm not saying your fabricating facts but people forget and misjudge, and I'm not in a knowledgeable enough position to know if that's the case or not.

Id like it on the record, this Nerf is ridiculous and I'm against it.

Just sayin.

"I'd like it on the record" O_o

Anyway this 'nerf' is designed to ensure we can actually have a debate concerning ground forces - cause right know that topic of discussion has been rendered obsolete cause Tune can just spam 24 million troops.

And lets be real, I don't think the Alliance has enough resources to feed, equip, transport such huge numbers. Which will be falling over themselves if the KV attacked their shield generators.

Some evidence of this is necessary because according to Wookiee, sourcing the Essential Atlas:

It was situated at the end of the Byss Run, a heavily guarded artificial hyperlane kept open by hundreds of non-mass S-thread boosters, connecting the planet to the Core Worlds. The planet was otherwise nearly impossible to reach safely through hyperspace, due to the high density of stars in the Deep Core and the constantly shifting patterns of the region's natural hyperlanes.

There may be secret lanes into the Deep Core (though I'm not sure how Leia knows about them) but not to by Palpatine made sure to make that world a fortress in every respect.

And in general I think people need to get into the habit of posting their sources for these claims, because I'm seeing a lot on both sides and I can't pretend to be knowledge on these subjects. I'm not saying your fabricating facts but people forget and misjudge, and I'm not in a knowledgeable enough position to know if that's the case or not.

Oh hell more digging i will be back... she knows because Pellaeon specifically told her and Pellaeon knows cus he knows..... so they both know at the time we have them.

"I'd like it on the record" O_o

Anyway this 'nerf' is designed to ensure we can actually have a debate concerning ground forces - cause right know that topic of discussion has been rendered obsolete cause Tune can just spam 24 million troops.

And lets be real, I don't think the Alliance has enough resources to feed, equip, transport such huge numbers. Which will be falling over themselves if the KV attacked their shield generators.

Im talking about how much by you reduced them...

Rayla got 10k of the best troops in the Galaxy, with another tonne of droids on top. I got 10k stealth troops and the best force hunters in the mythos. Tune only getting like 10k more than most people is ridiculous, I didn't see you nerf Warren when she could produce hundreds of thousands every day..

Fair enough. I believe all of the information that I have posted so far has come from The Essential Atlas and The Essential Guide to Warfare.

Off-Topic: I have been thinking of citing my sources for The BattleZone as well.

Im talking about how much by you reduced them...

Rayla got 10k of the best troops in the Galaxy, with another tonne of droids on top. I got 10k stealth troops and the best force hunters in the mythos. Tune only getting like 10k more than most people is ridiculous, I didn't see you nerf Warren when she could produce hundreds of thousands every day..

honestly i guess that just means i am going to up my recruitment cus i can train a few hundred thousand in 5 days at Carida......

This also means that nearly my entire Army is made up of humans as there are more recently recruited members then there are old members. (though it would take me 2 months to train more Spec forces so the one division is all i am getting).

Also what did i say Aurbere i told you....... i told you i would get nerfed down to 1 division and 1 sector force...... i said it before we even started i called it.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-pi8fPCCys

Edited by tunewalker

To clear up the Rebel Specforce number thing.....Divisions in theory have a minimum of 8 regiments which are made up of 3 to 6 companys with 4 being the normal. With the company being made of 5 platoons, which platoons are made up of 4 squads in where a squad can be anywhere from 4 to 15 troops. Edited by Wolfninjajedi

SpecForce consisted of about 10 divisions. One division, Command Division, was under General Crix Madine (via subordinate officers) and was attached to Alliance High Command at all times. It possessed regiments representing all SpecForce specializations, which were assigned to various elements of High Command. Five other divisions were allocated more or less regionally, with the balance deployed as rogue divisions operationally attached to sector commands or other SpecForce divisions as needed. The regionally allocated divisions were commanded by a general; the rogue divisions were theoretically under the command of whatever divisional general they were assigned to, but in practice were primarily commanded by the colonels of their regiments.

Edit: you are right about the Core I just checked into it close enough sorry you sure I cant get 2 Corps.... or a sector Army a sector's most supreme commander yada yada like 50k? have mercy oh Nerf bat.

A Sector Army according to Aurbere's stats is like millions so I'm afraid I can't do that. But I think right now with roughly 36K standard troops and 10K SpecForces your in good stead compared to 9,000 Imps and 100 Krath War Droids - roughly 5:1. Anymore and we run the risk of spamming numbers again.

P.S. Remembering that the Rebels were able to beat the Imps against the odds, heck they were designed to.

Oh hell more digging i will be back... she knows because Pellaeon specifically told her and Pellaeon knows cus he knows..... so they both know at the time we have them.

Pellaeon revealed them to the New Republic during the Vong War. Not sure if Leia knows them specifically, though.

A Sector Army according to Aurbere's stats is like millions so I'm afraid I can't do that. But I think right now with roughly 36K standard troops and 10K SpecForces your in good stead compared to 9,000 Imps and 100 Krath War Droids - roughly 5:1. Anymore and we run the risk of spamming numbers again.

P.S. Remembering that the Rebels were able to beat the Imps against the odds, heck they were designed to.

ok ok i am calming down a little but still http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-pi8fPCCys

Pellaeon revealed them to the New Republic during the Vong War. Not sure if Leia knows them specifically, though.

when revealing them to the new republic he revealed them specifically to Leia, as far as i know.

Edit:"The topic quickly turned to what the New Republic actually wanted, and Organa Solo explained that they wished the Remnant to share its maps of secret Deep Core hyperspace routes. Pellaeon knew the Moff Council would not approve, and played the role of tough negotiator, requesting information in exchange. At some point, likely around the fall of Coruscant, information-sharing had broken down between the two parties. Organa Solo gladly turned over all the information the New Republic had discovered about the Yuuzhan Vong, including the recently-deciphered secret to Yuuzhan Vong communications. Now with something to show the Moffs, Pellaeon quickly agreed. He and the Solos chatted over dinner, and once it was done Organa Solo offered the Remnant an alliance. Pellaeon knew the Moffs would not approve, especially with the New Republic currently looking especially incompetent after the Coruscant debacle. Pellaeon looked for concessions, suggesting that giving the Remnant the rights to any unpopulated worlds it reconquered would push the Moffs onto their side. Organa Solo did not have the authority to agree to such an arrangement, but promised to make the offer to the New Republic. The Solos invited Pellaeon to dinner aboard the Falcon the next night, and there they exchanged information and toasted each other's government. Pellaeon sent the Falcon off with a new comm antenna, replacing one which had been damaged.[46]"

Edited by tunewalker

To clear up the Rebel Specforce number thing.....Divisions in theory have a minimum of 8 regiments which are made up of 3 to 6 companys with 4 being the normal. With the company being made of 5 platoons, which platoons are made up of 4 squads in where a squad can be anywhere from 4 to 15 troops.

the average company was 200 and the average platoon was 40. the average Division was 10k

the average company was 200 and the average platoon was 40. the average Division was 10k

Not what the Rules of Engagement says here....as I said though at minimum the Divisions were 8...minimum. Also it's 5 to 15 troops not 4, sorry. Where are you getting 200 and 40?

Edited by Wolfninjajedi