The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Kaggath Tournament - Alliance of Worlds vs Krayt's Vision

Beniboybling

Well this works both ways, the Imperial Troops would also have to be trained to take out Rebels too. So it really seems to be a wash out between the two.

Also on another note, but I would like to get into some Luke Skywalker here...what is he gonna be doing?

That is correct.... but 10k vs 100k spec forces 20k spec ops and 24 million standard troops with all the bells and whistles.

Oh he is acting as bodyguard to Leia for the most part. The man would not leave his sister if he knows that the primary goal of the enemy is to kill his sister.

Edited by tunewalker

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is correct.... but 10k vs 100k spec forces 20k spec ops and 24 million standard troops with all the bells and whistles.

Oh he is acting as bodyguard to Leia for the most part. The man would not leave his sister if he knows that the primary goal of the enemy is to kill his sister.

Ahhh...mmk.

Rayla, an Imperious can take on a Sector Fleet, right?

According to Wookie about the same number of those were made as the number of Viscounts were made and the Viscounts could do the same thing.

Not to mention they took on MC140's which followed a completely different design philosophy then any of my ships. We have kind of already had the back and forth as to why we are likely evenly gunned and evenly tactical wise.

Edited by tunewalker

According to Wookie about the same number of those were made as the number of Viscounts were made and the Viscounts could do the same thing.

Not to mention they took on MC140's which followed a completely different design philosophy then any of my ships. We have kind of already had the back and forth as to why we are likely evenly gunned and evenly tactical wise.

Last I checked, you planned on sending the Viscounts into the Deep Core. Did that change?

It would likely be around 50-100 ships best guestimate.

The best estimate I can provide is 72-1,280. Based on Separatist Fleet Numbers, as I was unable to find other Sector Fleets at this time.

Somewhere around there. Probably not over 1,000 ships.

Last I checked, you planned on sending the Viscounts into the Deep Core. Did that change?

read scenario at #415 there is more then one scenario you have to remember I am not in control of these ships my faction is so there are a large number of scenarios as to how it goes down. Please understand that. IF they are headed there then that means Luke and Leia are aboard them and they are going to be hitting Byss itself shouldn't take more then a few hours at maximum warp with them manually driving the ships through the secret lanes just like with the Maw instillation. The Nebula was known for taking on Mini Star destroyers making it way ahead of its time since at my time there weren't really any mini star destroyers thus they could also likely hold against the IMperious ships.

All Wedge has to do in the scenario in which Luke and Leia fly to the deep core is use delay tactics which other then defensive battles is his next greatest specialty this is part of scenario #2 which I have not written yet but will get to it and has nothing to do with Scenario #1.

Remember Aurbere there are many paths to victory not all have to always be happening and varients on them always occur there is not one plan.

Once again I have to say that the Alliance's numbers are its undoing. The fact is that it simply can't field a large portion of those troops in a single battle. This means that many of the troops are going to be stuck on Alliance worlds waiting to fight, which makes them perfectly susceptible to a virus.

And before we even think of saying "CURE, no more virus, lulz!" we have to remember that it simply isn't that simple. Curing a planet-wide pandemic is not easy.

Once again I have to say that the Alliance's numbers are its undoing. The fact is that it simply can't field a large portion of those troops in a single battle. This means that many of the troops are going to be stuck on Alliance worlds waiting to fight, which makes them perfectly susceptible to a virus.

And before we even think of saying "CURE, no more virus, lulz!" we have to remember that it simply isn't that simple. Curing a planet-wide pandemic is not easy.

getting the virus on the planet will be difficult to begin with especially when I have counter-intelligence running on those planet. By the time the effects are felt by my military (not my civilian population) the Kaggath could be over. All of my planets are also 90% human or more so it will not even put a dent into the populace either even my own troops are largely human even if it did contain aliens so the virus will have overall little effect even with out a cure. Take out half my ground forces.... and you still have way more tehn you can handle.

Edited by tunewalker

read scenario at #415 there is more then one scenario you have to remember I am not in control of these ships my faction is so there are a large number of scenarios as to how it goes down. Please understand that. IF they are headed there then that means Luke and Leia are aboard them and they are going to be hitting Byss itself shouldn't take more then a few hours at maximum warp with them manually driving the ships through the secret lanes just like with the Maw instillation. The Nebula was known for taking on Mini Star destroyers making it way ahead of its time since at my time there weren't really any mini star destroyers thus they could also likely hold against the IMperious ships.

All Wedge has to do in the scenario in which Luke and Leia fly to the deep core is use delay tactics which other then defensive battles is his next greatest specialty this is part of scenario #2 which I have not written yet but will get to it and has nothing to do with Scenario #1.

Remember Aurbere there are many paths to victory not all have to always be happening and varients on them always occur there is not one plan.

It is going to take a long time to travel the Deep Core, not a few hours.

Wedge can't delay the enemy when Interdictors make it impossible to retreat from the battle. He can't retreat, and his fleets are outnumbered and outclassed. There simply is no winning a space battle, especially since you yourself said that Wedge and Pellaeon are roughly equal as tacticians. Logically in this case, the guy with more ships and more firepower is going to win.

And because the Nebula can handle 'mini-Star Destroyers', that suddenly makes it on par with an Imperious, which can handle Sector Fleets single-handedly? I certainly don't think so.

It is going to take a long time to travel the Deep Core, not a few hours.

Wedge can't delay the enemy when Interdictors make it impossible to retreat from the battle. He can't retreat, and his fleets are outnumbered and outclassed. There simply is no winning a space battle, especially since you yourself said that Wedge and Pellaeon are roughly equal as tacticians. Logically in this case, the guy with more ships and more firepower is going to win.

And because the Nebula can handle 'mini-Star Destroyers', that suddenly makes it on par with an Imperious, which can handle Sector Fleets single-handedly? I certainly don't think so.

sorry I didn't mean Mini-star destroyer I meant Mini-super star destroyer.... which again didn't really exist at the time so it was way ahead of its time in tech and by the Tech rules themselves it puts the 2 on an even level.

Punching a hole in an intradiction field has been done and can be done... again this is part of Scenario 2 also why in the hell would it take a day to go through the deep core. Does it take that long to go down the Byss run?

Honestly it sounds to me like Tunewalker has the perfect faction to me, all kinds of troopers, 24,000,000 of them far more than anyone else has, one of the biggest fleets in all the factions, a perfect admiral to lead, two of the best Jedi ever, battle meditation, perfectly defendable planets, all sorts of things like this.

Apparently viruses dont work on him because they dont matter, conventional war doesnt work on him because he has too many ships, infiltration doesnt work on him because he can do it as well, hero to hero combat wont work on him because Luke and Leia beats all.

However he can apparently do all of this in turn.

How exactly can you win against this again?

Welcome to the club.

I had one of the largest navies the galaxy has ever seen, it was nerfed to 60 (now 15) to make it "fair" to the others (even though my fleet is the smallest by far)

However I plan to overcome this, using stealth :jawa_evil:

You have a larger and better fleet, IMO an all out strike at one of the worlds would prove good for you, bringing in all your strategies at one. Poison, two days later entire fleet comes in, decimates tune walkers small defence force, take troops to the planet and bring the shield down, BDZ it and go down and kill Leia....

There are flaws, in that argument, and I will continue to support Tune in fear of your force, but that's something you can always do....

Edited by Selenial

sorry I didn't mean Mini-star destroyer I meant Mini-super star destroyer.... which again didn't really exist at the time so it was way ahead of its time in tech and by the Tech rules themselves it puts the 2 on an even level.

Source? Sorry, I find myself skeptical.

Punching a hole in an intradiction field has been done and can be done... again this is part of Scenario 2 also why in the hell would it take a day to go through the deep core. Does it take that long to go down the Byss run?

It's more than just one Interdictor, though.

Could someone repost Beni's hyperspace travel page so we can get some kind of timeframe for this kind of travel?

Source? Sorry, I find myself skeptical.

It's more than just one Interdictor, though.

Could someone repost Beni's hyperspace travel page so we can get some kind of timeframe for this kind of travel?

Well that's what I was going off of honestly travel with in the same region takes hours not days.

Edit: "It mounted defenses strong enough to resist even some of the smaller Super Star Destroyers"

Edited by tunewalker

Welcome to the club.

I had one of the largest navies the galaxy has ever seen, it was nerfed to 60 (now 15) to make it "fair" to the others (even though my fleet is the smallest by far)

However I plan to overcome this, using stealth :jawa_evil:

You have a larger and better fleet, IMO an all out strike at one of the worlds would prove good for you, bringing in all your strategies at one. Poison, two days later entire fleet comes in, decimates tune walkers small defence force, take troops to the planet and bring the shield down, BDZ it and go down and kill Leia....

There are flaws, in that argument, and I will continue to support Tune in fear of your force, but that's something you can always do....

Not really my ships are better on the tactical side when on the defensive. Pallaeon is worse on the offensive then he is on the defensive Wedge is better on the Defensive then he is on the Offensive the fleets are pretty much equals an attack by Pellaeon would end disasterously for him and this is part of Scenario #3 by the way again give me time to get these scenarios up.

Technically you're not starting off in the Deep Core (unless you got cheat codes), so it would take days to go through it.

It takes 1 day if you start out in a nearby area (this is maximum travel time) I am starting out close to the Deep core so at best it would take me 12 Hours.

Not really my ships are better on the tactical side when on the defensive. Pallaeon is worse on the offensive then he is on the defensive Wedge is better on the Defensive then he is on the Offensive the fleets are pretty much equals an attack by Pellaeon would end disasterously for him and this is part of Scenario #3 by the way again give me time to get these scenarios up.

Raylas ships are tactically superior. Pallaeon rocks on the offensive, and she outnumbers you.

Ps: sounds weird, but does anyone else ever think of palaeontology when they see the words Pallaeon?