The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Kaggath Tournament - Alliance of Worlds vs Krayt's Vision

Beniboybling

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that number is accurate. Where are you getting that the Empire was outnumbered 100 to 1 by the droids?

"Our Droid Armies outnumber the Republic clones 100 to 1."

―Count Dooku, to King Katuunko[src]

The Imperial army was known to be the same size the republic clone army.... possibly larger.

Count Dooku's vastly over-estimated quote about the Droid army outnumbering the clones 100:1....He was trying to convince a king, can't really use that quote.

Are you meaning he exagurated and the number would actually be much smaller and the imps would actually be much closer to the droid army size and thus my army to would be larger :rak_02:

About the size of the the Rebel Alliance's ground forces. Here's this:

Rebel components were designated as Sector Forces. So to judge the number of rebel soldiers there are we have to measure by Imperial Sector Armies. An Imperial Sector Army has as many as 1,572,864 soldiers.

So a single Rebel Sector Army would have 50,331 troops.

Now we ask ourselves how many Sector Armies the Rebels had. The only number I can find in The Essential Guide to Warfare is 100. So a rough estimate of the total number of Rebel Soldiers is 5,033,100.

Lots of Rebels.

This isn't a totally reliable figure, because the Imperial's had far more sector armies than the Rebels. Really you should be multiplying it by the number or Imp sector armies.

Are you meaning he exagurated and the number would actually be much smaller and the imps would actually be much closer to the droid army size and thus my army to would be larger :rak_02:

o.0

Haha, I didn't even realize that would mean your army was larger... But yeh, I guess :/

Some evidence of that would be helpful, however if that is the case she lacks the means by which to mass produce it...

" ...You will clone this strain and have it replicated to my airborne demands, but you have failed me more than once, guards arrest him, you will also be a... guest.... on my own ship welcome to my secret service Dr. Derricote. Oh and I shall be keeping the original strain wouldn't want it... falling into the wrong hands and if Antilles' men do somehow get to me, his alien friends will pay dearly." X-wing: the Krytos Trap.

Also i think it is listed as one of her weapons in The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia,

As far as a way to produce it, Palpatine's labs, Andeddu's labs and I also believe there are facilities on Koros Major as well that would help with such things, also, there is no need to have massive stockpiles of the stuff, it spreads quickly and acts fast, not very much at all will be required.

Edited by LadyKulvax

This isn't a totally reliable figure, because the Imperial's had far more sector armies than the Rebels. Really you should be multiplying it by the number or Imp sector armies.

This.

Either times a normal sized Sector army by 100, or the 50,000 by the amount of Imperial Sector Armies...

The Imperial army was known to be the same size the republic clone army.... possibly larger.

Definitely larger, likely much much larger.

It numbered in the tens of trillions.

The GAR never went above the millions.

Edited by Beniboybling

The Imperial army grew by a very large amount. A single Sector Army for the Empire is roughly five times the size of a Clone Systems Army.

Hmmm, OK. Lets see how many points that would get...

*flips through important looking book*

172 - 78 times 64... carry the one, drop the zero, turn the numbers around... upside down...

...zero.

Actually, it's like 9019 points..

I think Aurbere won.

Think I didn't try that? I have no idea how many Sector Armies the Empire had. So I went off of the number of Rebel Sector Armies. The Essential Guide to Warfare only gives one solid number: 100.

Think I didn't try that? I have no idea how many Sector Armies the Empire had. So I went off of the number of Rebel Sector Armies. The Essential Guide to Warfare only gives one solid number: 100.
I know, but that basically means its redundant, because I expect the Imps had way way more sector armies.

I think we should settle for big, and most certainly insurmountable.

Hmmm, OK. Lets see how many points that would get...

*flips through important looking book*

172 - 78 times 64... carry the one, drop the zero, turn the numbers around... upside down...

...zero.

Zero? Just like the chances of that plan actually working.

I know, but that basically means its redundant, because I expect the Imps had way way more sector armies.

"while the total number of Alliance troops was just 3.5 percent of the New Order's military forces"

The imperial military is often refered to as the new order so if they numbered 10 trillion as you guys say then that's 350 billion Rebel troops.... that one quote means all we have to do is find the number of imps multiply it by 3.5% and we are golden.

Yes, they probably did. But finding that number is proving difficult, which is why I went with the 100 Rebel Sector Forces. It is quite literally the best number I can come up with at this time.

" ...You will clone this strain and have it replicated to my airborne demands, but you have failed me more than once, guards arrest him, you will also be a... guest.... on my own ship welcome to my secret service Dr. Derricote. Oh and I shall be keeping the original strain wouldn't want it... falling into the wrong hands and if Antilles' men do somehow get to me, his alien friends will pay dearly." X-wing: the Krytos Trap.

Also i think it is listed as one of her weapons in The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia,

As far as a way to produce it, Palpatine's labs, Andeddu's labs and I also believe there are facilities on Koros Major as well that would help with such things, also, there is no need to have massive stockpiles of the stuff, it spreads quickly and acts fast, not very much at all will be required.

Well that's a point.

Time frame on its production?

However I think its important that we assess in depth have big an effect uprisings will have on the enemy. Ultimately they are on the battlefield, not in the cities - and resources are far from their reach.

Yes, they probably did. But finding that number is proving difficult, which is why I went with the 100 Rebel Sector Forces. It is quite literally the best number I can come up with at this time.

OK, hang on. Just found something. Give me a minute, I may be able to revise the number.

OK, I just found some more concrete numbers. Here's this:

Those numbers didn't sound overwhelming, but they were the equivalent of Imperial occupation forces for fifteen sectors

OK, so that sounds to me like they are talking Imperial Sector Armies. So a single Sector Army is 1,572,864 troops. Multiply by fifteen and we get 23,592,960. So that should be the total number of Rebel troops.

Edited by Aurbere

Well that's a point.

Time frame on its production?

However I think its important that we assess in depth have big an effect uprisings will have on the enemy. Ultimately they are on the battlefield, not in the cities - and resources are far from their reach.

Cloning it seemed to be a hell of a lot faster than producing it which apparently took anywhere between two to three weeks, but that was the original strain, the other strains became a lot easier to create because the code was already in place.

Also I think the point is not that you need hugely high numbers, you just need the disease to spark the revolution, you also have the damage done to the alliances' forces in the first place, being filled with aliens.

The chaos, the panic all of that will be the factors needed to make the plan work.

The rest of the plan is simple, spread the fleets through the systems, cut the worlds off from each other, contain, divide, destroy.

The more worlds that the Alliance loses, the less effective it is.

Also given the size of the Alliance's forces stuff like supplies and food completely turns against them, especailly with the virus being seemingly everywhere, people will be afraid to eat or drink anything.

Edited by LadyKulvax