The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Kaggath Tournament - Alliance of Worlds vs Krayt's Vision

Beniboybling

So you're not going through Foerost unless you have some of my ships. Too bad you have to get to Foerost in order to get those ships. Back to square one.

Alright. If you say so.

OK..... lets see if we can get this portion of the argument caught up..... I will attack you at Foerost..... your fleet will be busy fighting my fleet..... I will have troops land on Foerost and have spec force marines board and try to take some of your ships with the number of spec for marines and number of ground troops I am sending into your shipyards and on your ground you will not be able to stop both and the Spec force Marines will be able to take over a few of your ships. While this is going on Stealthed vessels (that are not part of the 140 warvessel count) will be landing specops and special forces infiltrators UCS and possibly even pathfinders. Your army and navy will be to busy to notice this and with them now blended into your civilian population they are free to take your Cargoships pass themselves off as the crew and can now move freely through out your planets all while other members of the special ops division create shadows and other targets to chase allowing the main ones to accomplish their mission of sabatoging the KV and killing/setting things up for the death of Darth Krayt.

The other plan is to use brentaalans to slowly work their way into the Deep core using a stealth ship and the secret lanes (lanes that don't have droids or intradictors in as they are secret and change daily) and once inside they intercept transmissions and land troops from a stealthed vessel. Neither one of these things can be stopped by your intradictors or the HK probots. That's what I mean I am not using my own ships to go through Foerost and what I mean by saying the argument about Intradictor ships and HK probots lining that area is pointless.

Edited by tunewalker

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a heads up Tune. Those secret lanes the Brentaal supposedly can use are not so secret to Krayt's Empire.

Edit: Also there are quite a few issues with that strategy.

but he believes them to be secret to his enemies and there will be no defenses set up there because of it. While there may be no one has brought any up yet.

but he believes them to be secret to his enemies and there will be no defenses set up there because of it. While there may be no one has brought any up yet.

Since Rayla is better with ship tactics, I'll leave her to counter your strategy.

first of all the lunsakya brainwashed millions of rebel troops had to have millions to brain wash millions

"Some were powerful forces, with fully equipped planetary forces supported by a fleet of combat starships. Others had little more than a few thousand part-time guerillas planetside, with almost negligible space forces. " Planetary forces were the same size as the imperial ones of their day which "And each of these Sector Armies could serve in turn as the high command for an Assault Fleet capable of deploying four full surface Armies against any resistance or hostility in the sector - 774,576 combat troops in a total muster of 1,180,379 personnel" so 1 million

"The Alliance had thousands of Sector Forces"

also "Our Droid Armies outnumber the Republic clones 100 to 1."

―Count Dooku, to King Katuunko[src]

do you need more proof I am sure I can dig and find it.

Edit: awaits incoming nerf bat.....

Seems a little tenuous, especially the bold part. The Rebellion was not only vastly outnumbered by the Empire but did not favour is use of vast military garrisons. I highly doubt they're planetary armies were even half of that of the Empire.

Seems a little tenuous, especially the bold part. The Rebellion was not only vastly outnumbered by the Empire but did not favour is use of vast military garrisons. I highly doubt they're planetary armies were even half of that of the Empire.

no they were the same size but did not have the same level of equipment. You can look further you will find it saying that the rebels followed much the same structure but their unit numbers of the same size were generally not as good as the empires of the same size because of equipment and monetary failings.

Yes they were outnumbered by the empire 20:1 in fact and the empire had equal numbers to the clone army and they were out numbered 100:1 by the droids this is where the 500 Million came from to begin with.

I can go into the fact that a Rebel Core was 40,000 people and some sector forces likely had over 10 of these cores and there still leaves the idea that there was 1000sands as in multiple thousand not 2 not 3 like 4-7 thousand of these and it still lands me at around 500 million. If you want I can calculate the average size of a Rebel sector force and multiply it by Multiple thousands and you may find me landing some where between just under 500 million to as much as 1 billion people..... literally the bair minimum if we were to take them as only have a few thousand (10k is 1 battallion) in every sector force and then only 2k sector forces for the (multiple sector forces) it still puts me at 20 million troops and that's bare minimum and no way reflective of what the rebels actually have here.

Edited by tunewalker

To what end? That makes killing Krayt impossible.

I can reopen the lanes at will by using the Hapans to buy more S-coils and open it up. It would be to cut Pallaeon from the rest of his forces allowing me to take Foerost and then use the ship yards at Foerost and Rendili to rebuild my forces when I open up the lanes again its easy pickings.

About the size of the the Rebel Alliance's ground forces. Here's this:

while the total number of Alliance troops was just 3.5 percent of the New Order's military forces.

Rebel components were designated as Sector Forces. So to judge the number of rebel soldiers there are we have to measure by Imperial Sector Armies. An Imperial Sector Army has as many as 1,572,864 soldiers.

So a single Rebel Sector Army would have 50,331 troops.

Now we ask ourselves how many Sector Armies the Rebels had. The only number I can find in The Essential Guide to Warfare is 100. So a rough estimate of the total number of Rebel Soldiers is 5,033,100.

Lots of Rebels.

So you're not going through Foerost unless you have some of my ships. Too bad you have to get to Foerost in order to get those ships. Back to square one.
The idea if that a few ships slip to the planet's surface during a space battle.

However the problem I proposed with such a course of action was the planetary shields.

However, I've recently thought of a solution. During the space battle have several of those stealthy craft drift close to the planetary shields and then shut down - blending with the debris that will not doubt scatter the area. Then, when the battle is over and the planetary shields are down reactivate and fly down to the surface. The KV will be unable to detect the vessels because of their stealth packages and the defense barriers will be in dissaray after a battle.

At that point, they can infiltrate the enemies ships and disrupt cargo - helping them win the war. However I'm still interested to here exactly how Tune plans to go any father than that.

So yeah, we are like at square three now. Keep up. :jawa_wink:

As a general warning, it would probably be best to stop with this antagonizing. Yeah I know you've all forged your little treaties and alliances and don't much care about which is actually more plausible and outcome but rather fulfilling your promises and clearing debts - but try and pretend that your opponents are not your mortal enemies.

That is all. :p

About the size of the the Rebel Alliance's ground forces. Here's this:

Rebel components were designated as Sector Forces. So to judge the number of rebel soldiers there are we have to measure by Imperial Sector Armies. An Imperial Sector Army has as many as 1,572,864 soldiers.

So a single Rebel Sector Army would have 50,331 troops.

Now we ask ourselves how many Sector Armies the Rebels had. The only number I can find in The Essential Guide to Warfare is 100. So a rough estimate of the total number of Rebel Soldiers is 5,033,100.

Lots of Rebels.

3.5% ok so it wasn't 20:1 but we have a ratio here Driods over 1 trillion out number imps 100:1...... 10 billion x 3.5% is 350 Million......

no they were the same size but did not have the same level of equipment. You can look further you will find it saying that the rebels followed much the same structure but their unit numbers of the same size were generally not as good as the empires of the same size because of equipment and monetary failings.

Yes they were outnumbered by the empire 20:1 in fact and the empire had equal numbers to the clone army and they were out numbered 100:1 by the droids this is where the 500 Million came from to begin with.

I can go into the fact that a Rebel Core was 40,000 people and some sector forces likely had over 10 of these cores and there still leaves the idea that there was 1000sands as in multiple thousand not 2 not 3 like 4-7 thousand of these and it still lands me at around 500 million. If you want I can calculate the average size of a Rebel sector force and multiply it by Multiple thousands and you may find me landing some where between just under 500 million to as much as 1 billion people..... literally the bair minimum if we were to take them as only have a few thousand (10k is 1 battallion) in every sector force and then only 2k sector forces for the (multiple sector forces) it still puts me at 20 million troops and that's bare minimum and no way reflective of what the rebels actually have here.

OK, let's just leave it at lots.

As a general warning, it would probably be best to stop with this antagonizing. Yeah I know you've all forged your little treaties and alliances and don't much care about which is actually more plausible and outcome but rather fulfilling your promises and clearing debts - but try and pretend that your opponents are not your mortal enemies.

That is all. :p

It's not that Rayla is my mortal enemy...

She's just too good for me to want to face :rak_01:

3.5% ok so it wasn't 20:1 but we have a ratio here Driods over 1 trillion out number imps 100:1...... 10 billion x 3.5% is 350 Million......

I don't think that number is accurate. Where are you getting that the Empire was outnumbered 100 to 1 by the droids?

There are other ways to get to Byss, it just means no defense fleet.
Point, but it won't be as easy as you make it out. These devices will be heavily defended and given the near equality in terms of fleet capability the chances of successfully reaching said devices with a fighter squadron is 3,720 to 1...

Infiltration is a small, but also unlikely possibility. I doubt these devices needed constant repair.

I don't think that number is accurate. Where are you getting that the Empire was outnumbered 100 to 1 by the droids?

Count Dooku's vastly over-estimated quote about the Droid army outnumbering the clones 100:1....He was trying to convince a king, can't really use that quote.