The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Vanguard: Assault vs Tactics

ArmdRecce

I am wondering what would be best for damage output when comparing the Assault vs Tactics specialization. Can anyone give me some advice? Sorry if this is a double post, I couldn't find anything else very helpful in regards to this specifically. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Id like to bump this as this thread is old and has died... now that there has been more time to figure things out what are the overall opinions?

I am a 34 Tactics at the moment and i love it.... BUT i am very open to try something new... since it doesnt take a huge deal to try it out myself i might just do that. But the fact still remains im only lvl 34 so how do they stack up at 40+ ?

9 times out of 10 you should be using plasma with an assault spec.

For tactics you can really use any cell. There are only 2 talents that are reliant on HEC and they aren't spectacular and can be avoided if you so choose. So with tactics your "extra points" (the ones in other trees) determine what cell you probably use

if you choose a cell specific talent then you should probably run that cell.

Got my 50lvl yesterday with Vanguard alt (gunnery main). Telling the truth i'm a bit tired of AS build on my commando that's why i chose tactics for now. I prefer using ion cell but don't want to play full tank or shield hybrid. AS tree requires or strongly recomends using plasma and it's right. In tactics i can use it without much damage reduction gaining additional defense.