The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bringing back the BEST Star Wars RTS game ever - any interest?

DarthMaulUK

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away, LucasArts released it's first Star Wars RTS - Rebellion (Supremacy in the UK). back in 1998 for Windows.

To this very day, I haven't seen an RTS with so much depth and offering the player to actually set those famous 'Its a Trap' quotes!

With EA only focusing on FPS titles for now, how many RTS fans would relish a true Star Wars RTS taking you through prequels to Episode 9 but using the Star Wars Rebellion approach? Sure the UI was a mess, too many windows but with tech where it is today, this can be streamlined to deliver another great RTS game set in space

Let's not forget the multiplayer component. Offering up rankings and leader boards for those brave enough to engage online.

Edited by DarthMaulUK

I totally remember Rebellion. I loved the idea of sending agents of the Empire or Republic on missions, then having them report back. Although having Palpatine give me a debrief on a diplomacy mission was a bit weird.

Never could beat it, though. At some point the enemy would gather a massive force and zerg me all over the place.