Quitter Debuff for Ranked? Please?

EzioMessi

First off, if any team has any quit or Queue declines/AFKs, they should not lose any rating, and it shouldn't count as a loss. It's okay if it counts as a win for the other team, but not a loss for the quitters' team, because it's near impossible to win a 3v4 or 2v4.

Second, declining a pop should give a 15-minute debuff that doesn't allow any PvP on any of his character on any server. And joining up and then quitting should give a 30-minute debuff and a loss of 100 rating. And quitting 5 arenas in a week should force them to wear the title, "Chronic Coward" for a week.

Quitting a Ranked Solo match is the WORST kind of nonsense. Waited a whole half an hour for a queue pop, and had to face the enemy after two guys quit immediately. :rolleyes:

still those people get the rating loss as well as no comm reward from leaving early. As for the chronic coward thing, it would just be used as a complete troll across fleet. And for the debuff across every character on account, a little to harsh. I mean really. Once I had to take a phone call that I wasn't expecting and missed my que pop and got the drop in ranked rating, now I was not happy but understood why, but I would not want a buff preventing me from pvping for it! I mean seriously if someone disconnects during arena for instance, should they get punished with an anti pvp buff? if a guy gets an unexpected phone call and doesn't want to be a deadweight to his team does he deserve to be punished? If his power goes out does he deserve punishment for when it comes back?

I agree that people who just out of anger just leave an arena just because they died during the first round is awful and deserves to be punished, but there is no way to differentiate those people from those who had no choice.

And if you say they shouldn't have been playing if they had something that could happen like that think A: what would you do in the aforementioned situations honestly and B: Its just a game do you think the every day rational person would just continue playing despite the real life stuff that needs their attention?

You can't have wins without losses in ranked. It will cause rating inflation.

The 3v4 problem should be solved in other ways. For instance, the leader of the larger team should have a screen offering him to either wait for reconnect (4v4) / replacement (solo ranked) or have one of his players sit out and go. The sit-out player still gets the reward/penalty, so that there's less bad blood, just doesn't get to play.

It's not perfect, but at least it's actually a solution.

dunno what is so hard about this.

everybidy gets a q pop. you have to accept. but you stay outside of arena until all 8 people have accepted. arena loading screen only starts when all 8 have accepted to join the arena. if people leave then, they should get all -rating from the other 3 they left behind. the 3 people in the team shoulndt get any - rating. the winner team with 4 people gets all the rating the quitter lost

Before any quitter debuff, make 3 changes for matchmaking:

1. Expertise filter no less than 1900

2. Valor filter no less than 60

3. No bads from Ignore list in team

Why not:

1. Expertise no less than 2017

2. Valor no less than 99

3. PvP rating in 2.0 no less than 1991

And then you don't need matchmaking at all!

Edited by Heal-To-Full

How is your suggestion better?

Matchmaking is meant to do precisely that: replace minimum requirements and fixed tiers.

If you put everyone on the same level to begin with, you don't need matchmaking.

Also, you'll have less than 1600 non-bolstered expertise if you use augged level 53 purple ears and implants, a matrix cube, and a PvE mainhand for extra damage - all a very valid PvP choice, which comes out to 1900-1950 bolstered expertise (a bit sacrificed on mainhand) but better stats and damage output in particular.

Edited by Heal-To-Full

I do leave wz sometimes too:

Due to wife agro

We starting match with 2 les players.

Some one left at the start of fight.

We starting against pre-made pvp guild group-why I would want to fight with 8 people from same guild?

I quite haipergate a lot as I hate this map so as soon as I get on this map I’m out and why I should be to force playing something I do not like? But give me option to tick this map away and I’m happy even if I wait in a q 20 min I do not mind as long as I do not get this stupid map.

Etc.

What they need to do its fix PvP so people are happy to play, then less people will quite. And penalizing someone for not wanting play 8 vs 6 or arena where you start with 3 dps against 3 dps with healer its not a fix.

still those people get the rating loss as well as no comm reward from leaving early. As for the chronic coward thing, it would just be used as a complete troll across fleet. And for the debuff across every character on account, a little to harsh. I mean really. Once I had to take a phone call that I wasn't expecting and missed my que pop and got the drop in ranked rating, now I was not happy but understood why, but I would not want a buff preventing me from pvping for it! I mean seriously if someone disconnects during arena for instance, should they get punished with an anti pvp buff? if a guy gets an unexpected phone call and doesn't want to be a deadweight to his team does he deserve to be punished? If his power goes out does he deserve punishment for when it comes back?

I agree that people who just out of anger just leave an arena just because they died during the first round is awful and deserves to be punished, but there is no way to differentiate those people from those who had no choice.

And if you say they shouldn't have been playing if they had something that could happen like that think A: what would you do in the aforementioned situations honestly and B: Its just a game do you think the every day rational person would just continue playing despite the real life stuff that needs their attention?

Ok, being AFK during a Ranked Pop is an unavoidable thing. I guess the punishment for that shouldn't be that harsh, just the rating loss.

But it's not like his team which is now fighting 1-man down is going to like to be punished either. Not losing rating (or at least losing a smaller amount of rating) when fighting a man down would be a good thing right?

And yeah, if it's RL issues, simply telling us in Ops chat that he's sorry and leaving will stop people from raging at him.

I like the idea mentioned above that suggests giving the other player the choice between waiting or making one of their own players drop is good, but if it also gives the option to "Play on" it will never work.

Edited by EzioMessi

Maybe if Biofails match making worked, then people wouldnt leave these games.

Fail matchmanking? The 2v4 I had fought, the enemy was 1 merc healer, 1 merc, 1 pt, 1 Sin DPS. D the casses seem the PP sort that bada like to quit from? And it's not like thwy were pros either. I ad the other dude had them down to half health before they killed us.

Tell us then, what made not one, but TW people, quit in sync with each other against a team which would have been a guaranteed win for us?

I like the idea mentioned above that suggests giving the other player the choice between waiting or making one of their own players drop is good, but if it also gives the option to "Play on" it will never work.

I would imagine something like this:

1 Player(s) on the opposing team is unavailable.

The next round will begin when teams are equal in size.

[ ] [vote to sit out] Alice

[ ] [vote to sit out] Bob

[ ] [sit out] Charlie

[ ] [vote to sit out] Dave

Player Zed disconnected for 2m 18.5s

Warzone will resume automatically in 1m 41.5s

(spectator will be determined by random draw)

Edited by Heal-To-Full

I can see this as being a good idea, but it does not totally destroy the problem. Yesterday, when I called someone out for quitting ranked matches they proceeded to stay in the matches. However they did so naked. So it was 4v4, but still running 3v4. Suffice it to say, I was very very angry.

I can see this as being a good idea, but it does not totally destroy the problem. Yesterday, when I called someone out for quitting ranked matches they proceeded to stay in the matches. However they did so naked. So it was 4v4, but still running 3v4. Suffice it to say, I was very very angry.

... Wow. That is just cheap. So the person was just quitting to troll other players? Wow.

I hate though all these guys saying they are mad at the bad matchmaking system. I mean really, you are in the match, deal with what you got. I don't understand why someone would want to leave before they even get their comms for suffering the loss, its stupid, you get the rating drop without any reward and screwing your team, I hate those guys, seriously. I would very much like to see maybe a system that allows the people who were abandoned to vote on whether the guy who abandoned them deserves to be out of warzones for a while. Like for example, an idiot is first to die, is qued as a healer but doesn't heal at all and does crappy damage abilities before his death instead, then blames the rest of the team for the loss instead of himself and leaves the team to get screwed, that team should then be able to vote on whether he should be allowed to pvp the rest of the time. But they would be more sympathetic if the guy honestly had an in real life thing and wouldn't vote to get him kicked off que.

Or it could be quit 3 matches over a period of a week and you are locked out of pvp rest of week til it resets.

Its just a few ideas and I know its not perfect but I want some way to punish the right people and not the wrong people who quit in warzones.

Fail matchmanking? The 2v4 I had fought, the enemy was 1 merc healer, 1 merc, 1 pt, 1 Sin DPS. D the casses seem the PP sort that bada like to quit from? And it's not like thwy were pros either. I ad the other dude had them down to half health before they killed us.

Tell us then, what made not one, but TW people, quit in sync with each other against a team which would have been a guaranteed win for us?

I joined one ranked arena game by accident over the weekend( too many beers and selected rank by mistake), in my game I had 2 Operatives, neither were healers, me a dps sin and a dps Jug. Naturally, I quit because it was Arena BS but you have far too much faith in Biofail getting it right, when they are not. Some folk are still having issues with the match making.