(Spoiler) Dread Masters' ending was too rushed

Slowpokeking

Since they betrayed the Empire in 1.3, we had 2 ops, 1 daily area about them. In RotH we got a long chain quest. While they all failed, we saw they are very powerful, had an army of Dreadguards and many allies, even had knowledge of Gree's hypergate and some long forgotten monster.

But Oricon was too rushed, when we landed we saw whole fleets had been destroyed, the Dreadguards were marching, but suddenly after a few quests the tide was turned. While the Dreadmasters could still easily kill the soldiers with their power. Their plan to invade other planets was also foiled way too easily, the choice of "join them" wasn't mentioned again after the quest. I really think we would at least need a DLC to put an end of them, not just a big patch. Maybe Bioware should have released 2.4 to start the conquest on Oricon, then use a few patches to introduce more new contents and let us finish the Dreadmasters.

Edited by Slowpokeking

Technically, every operation except for Eternity Vault was part of their story.

I'll agree Oricon felt far too short, though. The general gist of it is sound enough - you land, help the strike team of whatever faction you're part of stop getting their asses handed to them long enough to secure a way into the Dread Masters central fortress, and you learn a little about their motives in process. Which is fine, but all this takes place over, what, six quests? The whole thing is over before it really gets going.

Perhaps they wanted to keep it brief so that people who were just looking to do the operations could do so without having to churn through a lengthy quest series first. Course, they could've avoided that by, I don't know, letting everyone use the speeder, having the fast travel point actually work, not putting a H2+ area inbetween, that sort of thing.

Technically, every operation except for Eternity Vault was part of their story.

I seem to recall that the initial attack of the Empire on Belsavis prison (which was the rescue the Dread Masters, of course) actually woke up Soa and triggered the activation of the Eternity Vault defense system. Could be total hearsay, though.

I seem to recall that the initial attack of the Empire on Belsavis prison (which was the rescue the Dread Masters, of course) actually woke up Soa and triggered the activation of the Eternity Vault defense system. Could be total hearsay, though.

IIRC them Imps bombed the wrong building, thus waking up Soa. Genius move.

Also@OP, I don't think it was rushed. But since you are named Slowpokeking, you shall be forgiven. This time.

The questline was WAY too short, and stopping the Dread Masters' evil plan involving terraforming entire planets with basicaly reverse-engineered Seeds of Rage not only felt rushed, but anticlimactic. I still don't even know what their main motivation was. The codex entries suggest it was a roaring rampage of revenge due to them actually believing the Emperor is dead, but it's not really touched upon, leaving the implication that they were just doing it for the lulz.

And after being given the option of joining them - which, by the way, I would have totally agreed to, and I know I"m not the only one - it's never mentioned again. Way to tease me, BioWare.

BioWare really dropped the ball with them. They had the potential to be the best antagonists yet in the series, and it left so much more to be desired.

I recall the "join them" option involved being immersed in absolute despair and terror, which the Dread Masters discerned was destroying everything you held dear (the Empire and the Republic). This was the case on my Sith Inquisitor at least. It worked for my rp since the Empire was my stepping stone to greater power. For this reason, I wasn't too bothered by the meaningless option to join them. I am also not too sure about their motives but at least they elude to wanting to create an Empire of their own before one of them was defeated, resulting in their tentative balance being lost and their minds being eaten away by the Dark Side.

To me, it seems to have gone from an effort to conquer the galaxy in response to the Emperor's silence and apparent death to desperate nihilism in order to save themselves from destruction.

Oricon, for me, feels like it could have gone on by expanding the planet itself. I felt too confined in the area (although I thought it was an awesome design). If they did a future patch where they give the area some breathing room, I would be happy. If I actually had to travel some distance like on much larger planets (they could have at least made this about half of Taris' size), I would have been happy. I also feel like anyone who can go to the planet before the questline kind of ruined the point of going to a secret planet.

Anyhow, I digress. The story of the Dread Masters can always be continued with Sith holocrons of each Dread Master elaborating on them personally and what transpired as the players progressed through their story (such as their plans before and after losing one of their own on two different holocrons). A cutscene holo of the council in general discussing things after they left Belsavis would be really interesting.

I still don't even know what their main motivation was.

It's not explored in huge detail, but this is something that's touched on when handing in the final quest on Oricon after finishing both Dread Frotress and Dread Palace operations. It feels like their story isn't quite done, even if the masters themselves are.

It's not explored in huge detail, but this is something that's touched on when handing in the final quest on Oricon after finishing both Dread Frotress and Dread Palace operations. It feels like their story isn't quite done, even if the masters themselves are.

It isn't, if you take into account the early leaks.

I was surprised that they didn't try to convince Jadus, while they did mention Jadus share the same vision if you are IA. Jadus is powerful and had almost the same goal and philosophy as them, the only difference is he treat his assets with more respect.

This should be fairly obvious IMO.

The fate of Darth Jadus is ultimately player determined last I checked. Thus, by having Darth Jadus as a hypothetical sixth member would be game breaking for those who chose to have him arrested for example.

Also, would be kind pointless, not to mention silly, to have crossovers, class storyline wise. The Dread Masters arc is available to every single class; The incident concerning Darth Jadus is NOT.