The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Future of The Old Republic?

Herbalfuzz

What the hell do you mean by ''the age of WoW''?

9 years of existance.

I do hope we ge tto be able to have Addons and stuff.Its a great support for the community,

Also,the more we get of Class story arcs the better.No more small content like Makeb and Oricon.Give us what you sold in the first place Bioware/EA! Give us more story arcs!

There is more things I'd like to see be created and shared. Like mods and blasters on speeders. Vehicle warzones like speeders, walkers, low atmosphere craft etc. Thoughts?

Moddable speeders, only if they introduce racing.

Blasters on speeders, won't happen.

Vehicle Warzones, might happen, but they probably won't contain walkers.

I would like to see an aquatic planet, were we swim and fight underwater, not too much, but just a bit!

Can we reach the age of WoW?

Meh I never played WoW, never caught my interest tbh. This is my first MMO but I know what you mean by "age of WoW." Like I said didn't play but heard about it everywhere, despite the criticisms I love this game and hope it goes on for years

I would like to see an aquatic planet, were we swim and fight underwater, not too much, but just a bit!

Selkath homeworld of Manaan? perhaps?

I want guild ships and I want my shadow to have a leap like guardians and a 10 second resilience also i want more rakata story and i want better saber crystals the ones from the cc packs are... bad... i want that black crystal from the force unleashed.... baller.

9 years of existance.

I do hope we ge tto be able to have Addons and stuff.Its a great support for the community,

Also,the more we get of Class story arcs the better.No more small content like Makeb and Oricon.Give us what you sold in the first place Bioware/EA! Give us more story arcs!

Thank you yes, World of Warcraft is almost 10 yerars old. I will still like to b playing new content in 5 years if possible.

Yes! Speeder and Swoop racing. I miss the swoop races from KOTOR

Ya! you see where im going though? Doesnt have to be walkers, but in movie lore little else is used for republic armed ground transport. Even in the clone wars series.

They would probably not do mods and guns on vehicles since they get used everywhere. but they could also make it availble only in certain areas..... out in the rough in between citys and outpost. Just like they disable you indoors on speeders in the senate tower and jedi temple. Just an idea and i dont believe my voice alone is strong enough to make anything happen. Just wanted to see if others felt the same. Underwater yes that would be kinda fun too

Selkath homeworld of Manaan? perhaps?

I want guild ships and I want my shadow to have a leap like guardians and a 10 second resilience also i want more rakata story and i want better saber crystals the ones from the cc packs are... bad... i want that black crystal from the force unleashed.... baller.

I like your idea of guild ships! I heard someone the other day talking like you could have passengers on your ship if your leading a group or something ??????

More in-ship customizations like dyes and appearances changes and a more ship interaction. I think i got spoiled with the Normandy!

I like your idea of guild ships! I heard someone the other day talking like you could have passengers on your ship if your leading a group or something ??????

More in-ship customizations like dyes and appearances changes and a more ship interaction. I think i got spoiled with the Normandy!

Doesn't have to be guild ships, tho it would provide incentive I suppose(don't play much space combat myself, just early on.) some ppl are unguiled and it could encourage them to join one, or someone in a guild could drag their guildies with em and they may enjoy it. But if they EVER introduced walkers lets be honest guys, it'll be through the cartel market either packs being rare or just expensive

TOR was the greatest!!!! Only reason I play this game as my first MMO when WoW failed to catch my attention rly even with all the years it's been goin, esp with the fluffy pandas now. Anyway n terms of the shadow getting a leap, may make it OP(have a sin myself tho he tanks, and I won't even pretend to be the greatest there as he's my 4th alt) but with force speed and stealth I'm sure ppl will complain, won't lie been out for two weeks getting my computer fixed so I haven't even played 2.4 I'm posting from my phone and it's torture!!!!!!

Doesn't have to be guild ships, tho it would provide incentive I suppose(don't play much space combat myself, just early on.) some ppl are unguiled and it could encourage them to join one, or someone in a guild could drag their guildies with em and they may enjoy it. But if they EVER introduced walkers lets be honest guys, it'll be through the cartel market either packs being rare or just expensive

Very True

I love the space combat. Been looking for something like that It is a little bit linear though wish it was more free roam but still very cool :)

Edited by Herbalfuzz
Adding more

9 years of existance.

In terms of more story arcs, I'm all for it think it'll keep the game going for years even when critics say it's dead including some players(don't get that myself) "Give me story arcs, or give me....alright it's just after 1 a.m. where I'm at so had no idea where I was going there and since I can't play I try to sleep, only woke up about 30-45 min ago. I'll check this thread tomorrow, or later I guess

I would be very interested to see Lucas' original story for the next trilogy. Been parousing the net for rumors on the next thing and alot of people are tied up into the Extended Universe. I unfortunately have never read anything from the EU. But I did get hooked by Lucasarts Dark Forces (Jedi Knight) Games. Which means that at one point Lucas liked the idea of Mara Jade. Who knows. Im excited to see whats next thats all I know. I hope they dont rebuild all the tech to look super new because that would throw continuity out the window. The destruction of fleets and worlds that were thousands of years old could not be rebuilt to its previous state within the main characters remain life cycle. Edited by Herbalfuzz

Pazaak is what i want.Pazaak dens and spectator mood.Also swoop racing,with spectator mood.And placing bets.

This would be insanely awesome ,but unfortunately it will never happen because of some carebear stupid as$ notion that there shouldn't be gambling.( 500 credits top bet,its practically nothing,the fun is what is important)

Any Kotor fan left out there ,that still haven't tried swtor or quit it,will be drawn back instantly.

Edited by Kaedusz

Pazaak is what i want.Pazaak dens and spectator mood.Also swoop racing,with spectator mood.And placing bets.

This would be insanely awesome ,but unfortunately it will never happen because of some carebear stupid as$ notion that there shouldn't be gambling.( 500 credits top bet,its practically nothing,the fun is what is important)

Any Kotor fan left out there ,that still haven't tried swtor or quit it,will be drawn back instantly.

So let's have pazaak without gambling then! Problem solved. Let the betting be between players instead. It won't be as fun, but at least it's a somewhat solution. Or just find another way around gambling.

Edited by UruGhul

So let's have pazaak without gambling then! Problem solved. Let the betting be between players instead. It won't be as fun, but at least it's a somewhat solution. Or just find another way around gambling.

Was a KOTOR fan which is why I play this game in the first place, only played pazaak about three times over multiple years of playing it over and over again(hides shame)

I love KOTOR. When I wasn't actually on missions, the characters, pazaak, and swooping made my day. Also, I want more podracers! The Incendia and the Cartel rep one are nice, but I think more are in order. And.... stop reskinning speeders. There's hundreds of possible designs from canon. Give us Anakin's airspeeder from Ep II :D

9 years of existance.

As much as i Agree with you i still enjoy the small content Story because it actually feels like you are part of the Sith the Empire and the war between the sitha nd republic i haven't played much of the pub stories played all the imp ones and it felt like you were just doing your own thing. Now don't get me wrong i loved it i but at the same time i love stories or parts that made you fell liek you are part of the War/Empire

Was a KOTOR fan which is why I play this game in the first place, only played pazaak about three times over multiple years of playing it over and over again(hides shame)

I didnt do much pazaak either, though being that TOR is the spiritual successor to KOTOR then I agree it should be there to keep the fans. Very much miss the swoop racing though. Took me a long time to get the hang of it but it was awesome!

Edited by Herbalfuzz

I was hoping for KOTOR Online when I got into this game back in release. Bluntly put what I got was WoW with a better setting and an amazing story line, for the most part. That aside I still think its a decent game and holds a lot of potential. With most of the core of old BioWare gone though, I'm honestly a little frightened to think about the games future. I really hope to see it succeed in the long run. Hell I'm still playing for some reason.

I agree about Pazaak, loved playing it and getting new cards for it. I don't know why it never got implemented, It sure would make cantinas seem like they existed for a reason.

I was never a big fan of swoop racing mostly did them for the prize money. But I could definitely enjoy it as another minigame of sorts.

Guild Ships have been talked about since before release, and as much as everyone would love to see it, If something as simple as Pazaak isn't in the game yet I don't think Guild Ships will be anytime soon. Hope I'll be wrong though.

I remember an underwater zone in one of the KOTOR games and It was pretty enjoyable. I definitely wouldn't mind it, I always like underwater places in games.

On a closing note I think I'm going to try and be more active in the community and see if I can do my part to try and find ways to add some longevity to the game in some way.