The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bring back the old packs

SunnyBun

I would love this to be come true. The downside is they will likely only bring them back, if at all, during some event or something akin to that.

The reason for this is that once the pack leaves circulation then the items that were in said pack will become worth much more, both on the GTN and buying it from vendors. Then they make it so that in order to buy those items from the vendor requires Reputation. The only way to make reputation is to buy more cartel packs, and then for some rarer items it requires little certificates that also come from Cartel packs. And if you aren't a subscriber then you need to pay for each and every cartel coin. This makes money, for Bioware. If they brought back certain packs then the value of the items within the packs would have a small decrease. They still make money but then people who get extras start selling them on the GTN leading to less likelihood of people buying more cartel pack.

The one thing that must be understood while playing, is that this game, and all games, are meant for two things. Firstly and more importantly they are supposed to make a profit for those who made the game. Secondly they are supposed to be enjoyable enough for people to buy the game. This game is made to be easy (yes it is easy compared to many games) and fun so that Bioware can make money and continue to make money. It is extremely difficult for MMORPGs in general because they cost a lot (I mean almost millions to build and keep on line). Thus more money must be made to make it worth it to the company. People are willing to continue to play this game, though it breaks a few canonical rules, because it is fun. And when the game is fun it makes people buy it, then they pay for it. Then Bioware makes money.

Now I will not say that Bioware has been solely based around profit, however it has felt that way many times. (All you who complain that Bioware isn't treating loyal subscribers fairly have a little to learn. We who have played from the launch till now have gotten the result of the money we spent, we have gotten to play from beginning to whenever we decide to stop. If that isn't reward enough then I don't think anything would change your mind.) Bioware has tried to make it enjoyable for many people. Yes, there are a few things that need to be fixed, such as helping RPers a little more. But they have limited capabilities due to the engine they are using. They have made an enjoyable game. It has had its ups and its downs, but ultimately more people have played this game and thought it was fun than otherwise.

Sorry for going on like that. Yes I think this would be a fun idea.

Edited by MdLogan