The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Fleet Battles Round 1 Battle 2 Silenceo vs Beniboybling

LadyKulvax

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the wiki frigates are 200-400, where as the strike cruiser is 450, just over the max size. It all is up to the judges though, and if they deem it unusable, then i have found a suitable replacement in the Lancer- class frigate, or the Acclamator I assault ship (Carrier variant. Should be a Medium Frigate.) Edited by Silenceo

Remember, Beni, you are outnumbered fighter-wise. So those strategies will have to come later.
But my fighters are superior, and have very fast corvettes that can offer them support and thin the enemies numbers. And really Silenceo doesn't have enough to create an effective screen.

But you are probably right that I'll have to whittle down their numbers first.

Please do remember that you are not the only one with corvettes, and Vigil is classified as a heavy corvette, and though we can not confirm it, that sounds like it has a few bigger guns for other ships, such as your corvettes. and i am sure that nearly x2 fighter numbers is plenty to keep your quality ships in the dog fight.

BTW, just noticed, idk if this is inaccurate...but on the wiki it says that Starvipers are 21 meters in length....compared to say a TIE interceptors 9.6. Though, the two both go 111 MGLT, so equal speed. It is also good to note that the average tie fighter can go 100 MGLT, and is only 6.4 meters.

The TIE interceptor has an original load out and an updated load out *from the Imperial Remnant i think it was* that has more firepower, which shall we use?

Going to post my battle plan soon, ironing out a few kinks

Edited by Silenceo

In response to Silenceo's points:

Concerning the Merciless it may not have the area-of-effect that the Malevolence has but I can assure you the ion energy is the same, I couple of blasts from an ion cannon was enough to disable a Star Destroyer, the blast an Aggressor is capable of producing is twice as large a blast, so I reckon one shot would be enough. In regards to a Super Star Destroyer I don't expect it will drop the entire shield, but simply create a hole. This still allows for the plasma cannon to do massive damage which regardless of whether the shields fail or not will break through. Oh and because of the Merciless' weaknesses I was allowed stealth, though it would be used sparingly.

Concerning the Keldabe, they don't have as many mass drivers, but they can still pack a punch. Remembering these things go straight through shields, your also forgetting shield leeching technology, any vessel under fire from a Keldabe will have its shields disable in short order. It should also be noted that the energy is leeches is used to power its own weapons, giving it even more deadlier firepower. Enough burn through any remaining shields. They may have reinforced hulls, but their batteries are vulnerable. Mass drivers are also effective against armor.

As for anti-fighters and missiles look no further than the Crusader-class corvettes, not only do these things sport excellent anti-fighter weaponry, but they also have point-defense systems that can destroy missiles. These vessels would most likely be position as a screen across the larger vessels, protecting them from missile fire and fighters. Which in turn frees up my fighters to raid the Lusanyka.

Now concerning the Lusanyka, yes 500 anti-fighter cannons is small given the sheer size of the vessel, thinly spread is exactly it, the majority of my fighters likely won't get close to half of them. Fighters which are very nimble and will be naturally protected once they enter the Lusanyka's trenches. This very tactic was used against the Executor during the Battle of Endor, I see no reason why it wouldn't work, perhaps to greater effect, here.

And yes, I am borrowing that tactic from EaW. It worked, the sheer size of the Lusanyka means it can only bring so many of its cannons to bear at a give time, so while it may have hundreds, no more than half of them will be able to fire. Sure they can it can move to broad side, but that would prevent the other side from firing at all. And the Consoritum could move its fleet to the very tip, or worse its exposed ventral. Making it easy for them to fire without being destroyed. I admit that in turn it will be difficult for the Consortium to get a shot at the bridge from such a distance, but the Merciless has a fairly large range, and could quite possibly cloak, move into position, then spring an attack. Or alternatively they could just move the fleet around the Lusankya and attack its rear.

I'd also point out that if the entire Consortium fleet focuses fire on the Lusankya's forward batteries its range will be severely depleted and will allow the fleet to move in and engage the Star Destroyers at close range, which will not doubt be forced to break formation to protect the Lusankya from damage. The Merciless' ion cannon can also disable portions of the Lusankya's weaponry to further prevent it from bringing its firepower to bear.

Please do remember that you are not the only one with corvettes, and Vigil is classified as a heavy corvette, and though we can not confirm it, that sounds like it has a few bigger guns for other ships, such as your corvettes. and i am sure that nearly x2 fighter numbers is plenty to keep your quality ships in the dog fight.
It looks like it has three laser cannons and a few point defense systems, not exactly superior firepower to the Crusader which has 12 laser cannons. And the main point is not that the Crusader is a Corvette, but its a highly effective starfighter killer. And I'm confident that the Kelbade's and Vengeance classes can match the firepower of your Star Destroyers, Vigil's and Stiker's combined. Especially if they exploit your weaknesses to maximum effect.

Which of course they will.

Why would i send my fighters away from the Lusanyka again? my weapons are more effective are better at range due to your main weapons requiring close distance, correct? Even with the shield leaching though, i do not see the Lusanyka shields failing fast, faster than most, yes, but not fast enough to stop it from taking ships down.

Also, do remember that the Executor in EaW was severely nerfed from its true power so that the Empire faction was not all powerful and totally OP.

I was planning to start off with an entrenched defensive position, taking full advantage of the Lusankya's guns and to defend it I was planning to dot the fleet above it.

They would be placed across its center, in an attempt to minimize the chance of a trench run.

| X X ^ X X X X X ^ ^ X >

| O O O O O O >

|= engine end of Lusankya

X= Corvette

O= Frigrate

^= Imperial MKII

>= point of Lusankya

My fighters i plan to have lurking just over the edge of the side of the Lusankya so that all my weapons can still shoot in that range, with bombers waiting by my engines where i have the most corvettes to protect them until i spot a good spot to exploit. Interceptors i would have behind the fighters slightly so they may participate in the dogfight, but would be first to detatch to intercept anything trying to head towards the Lusankya. Any of your fighters that detach to chase them would be easy targets for other interceptors and other fighters would still be occupied due to how many i have.

Doing this, i would be able to focus my firepower effectively on you fleet and to have multiple layers of defense, and if they try to go towards the tip or the engines, all it will take is some manuevering by the Lusankya to keep them in the guns broadside.

Attempting to get in close with your bigger ships would put them in a heavy crossfire that would allow me to quickly and efficiently take out their mass drivers.

P.S. It made the symbols smaller, making the points not connect...Ah well, you get the idea.

P.P.S. If i remember correctly, don't smaller ships like the Vigil have a symmetrical bottom side as far as their guns go?

P.P.P.S. I used this same strategy in EaW, just replace the Strike with Victory-class and Vigil with Tartan. Was able to decimate fleets easily. Even a fleet of the Consortium's.

Decent picture of Vigil http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=star+wars+Vigil-class+corvette&FORM=HDRSC2#view=detail&id=DF071B5D3A8D78DE6CC129C7F680B3F324343EF2&selectedIndex=1

Edited by Silenceo

Also, do remember that the Executor in EaW was severely nerfed from its true power so that the Empire faction was not all powerful and totally OP.

Well, in turn, the ships of the Zann Consortium for themselves were beyond broken and completely overpowered, especially the fighters and bombers. So they actually didn't have to do that :p

Oh well, not everyone can be a pro at balance.

Well, in turn, the ships of the Zann Consortium for themselves were beyond broken and completely overpowered, especially the fighters and bombers. So they actually didn't have to do that :p

Oh well, not everyone can be a pro at balance.

Tell me about it.

I did forget to mention i would have Punishing One on anti-corvette duty, as well as have Black Squadron picking off ships on the sides of the dog fight *so it is done efficiently, and so they do not die due to friendly fire in the dogfight*

Edited by Silenceo

Tell me about it.

It's like you actually got totally lucky because Beni didn't make his elite squadron 60 OP Consortium bombers (were those called Skiprays?), because those decimated all the things. Even the fighters sent after them couldn't kill them. Oh, how I miss those times.

It's like you actually got totally lucky because Beni didn't make his elite squadron 60 OP Consortium bombers (were those called Skiprays?), because those decimated all the things. Even the fighters sent after them couldn't kill them. Oh, how I miss those times.

He has those as generic fighter craft stationed on his six Keldabe-class battlecruisers.

How he even got 60 ships for a single squadron is beyond me. If anything else, it would have made sense to have been Virago with 11 *making a full 12 squadron*

I mean, if he can have Virago, why is it i can not use Vader who was the leader of Black Squadron?

Any idea what the ratio of star viper to skipray is then? so we can get finalized numbers on that.

Edited by Silenceo

How he even got 60 ships for a single squadron is beyond me. If anything else, it would have made sense to have been Virago with 11 *making a full 12 squadron*

I mean, if he can have Virago, why is it i can not use Vader who was the leader of Black Squadron?

Any idea what the ratio of star viper to skipray is then? so we can get finalized numbers on that.

I would like to know where you got the idea that we were using single squadrons from when it is clearly stated that they are Fighter Wings, which can have a large number of squadrons itself.

Virago isn't a person it is a personalised fighter craft, Xizor's personal craft actually and he isn't in it, you still have the TIE Advanced X1 as the lead of your Black Squadron, Vader just is not piloting it, as Xizor is not piloting the Virago.

Why would i send my fighters away from the Lusanyka again? my weapons are more effective are better at range due to your main weapons requiring close distance, correct? Even with the shield leaching though, i do not see the Lusanyka shields failing fast, faster than most, yes, but not fast enough to stop it from taking ships down.

I was planning to start off with an entrenched defensive position, taking full advantage of the Lusankya's guns and to defend it I was planning to dot the fleet above it.

They would be placed across its center, in an attempt to minimize the chance of a trench run.

| X X ^ X X X X X ^ ^ X >

| O O O O O O >

|= engine end of Lusankya

X= Corvette

O= Frigrate

^= Imperial MKII

>= point of Lusankya

My fighters i plan to have lurking just over the edge of the side of the Lusankya so that all my weapons can still shoot in that range, with bombers waiting by my engines where i have the most corvettes to protect them until i spot a good spot to exploit. Interceptors i would have behind the fighters slightly so they may participate in the dogfight, but would be first to detatch to intercept anything trying to head towards the Lusankya. Any of your fighters that detach to chase them would be easy targets for other interceptors and other fighters would still be occupied due to how many i have.

Doing this, i would be able to focus my firepower effectively on you fleet and to have multiple layers of defense, and if they try to go towards the tip or the engines, all it will take is some manuevering by the Lusankya to keep them in the guns broadside.

Attempting to get in close with your bigger ships would put them in a heavy crossfire that would allow me to quickly and efficiently take out their mass drivers.

P.S. It made the symbols smaller, making the points not connect...Ah well, you get the idea.

P.P.S. If i remember correctly, don't smaller ships like the Vigil have a symmetrical bottom side as far as their guns go?

P.P.P.S. I used this same strategy in EaW, just replace the Strike with Victory-class and Vigil with Tartan. Was able to decimate fleets easily.

Decent picture of Vigil http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=star+wars+Vigil-class+corvette&FORM=HDRSC2#view=detail&id=DF071B5D3A8D78DE6CC129C7F680B3F324343EF2&selectedIndex=1

So you plan on spreading your fleet across 19 kilometers? That will severely restrict your firepower to all but the ships at the very tip. Your fleets can simply hover above the Lusankya but that only means the Consortium won't rush in to attack you, the Aggressor itself has excellent range, and given the speed at which mass driver projectiles are propelled I'd assume they have a considerably range also. None of the Consortium's weapons require close distance, the mass drivers are simply grossly more effective, but we are talking more effective than devastating.

Anyway, given that the entire fleet can simply concentrate fire on the tip of your spread, dealing collosal damage with ion cannons followed up by turbolaser and mass driver cannon fire. I expect the shield leechers might be able to get in range also. If your formation attempts to advance, my forces will simply retreat or scatter and then open fire again. You're lighter vessels (i.e. anything other than the SSD) and your fighters will then be forced to break formation. At which point without the aid of the SSD the Consortium can engage your forces at close range and tear them apart.

Regardless of whether you do or not however, the Merciless is going to slowly and steadily wear the Lusanyka down, and with each battery destroyed they have more ground to move in without coming under fire, and while begin to encroach on your formation until its utterly destroyed. The range combined with the Merciless' ion cannons means this is possible without risking coming under heavy fire from the SSD and it can effectively "deactivate" areas while the main fleets moves in close quarters. Either scenario leads to the same outcome.

I'd also point out that all the while StarVipers will be attempting to take out the bridge. Regardless of where your frigates are placed they wont be any use against Trench Run tactics unless they wan't to fire on their own ship. As long as the tip is relatively clear or under cover fire they can slip in. Now of course you have more fighters but I'd say no more than double, and with your pursuing fighters running into to buzz droids I expect the odds will be evened.

P.S. I don't believe the SSD's or the Empire as a whole are underpowered in EaW. They were frequently routed by the inferior firepower of the Rebels in Star Wars canon and during the Battle of Endor the Executor didn't exactly eradicate their force. Not that this makes it any more immune to said tactics.

Tell me about it.

I did forget to mention i would have Punishing One on anti-corvette duty, as well as have Black Squadron picking off ships on the sides of the dog fight *so it is done efficiently, and so they do not die due to friendly fire in the dogfight*

I'm sure the IG-2000 can handle the Punishing One, which will be as vulnerable to corvettes as Black Squadron. The ships you are attempting to pick off are surrounded by a screen of these vessels.

So what exactly are the numbers on fighters overall?

6 x 36 fighters of your choosing from the Keldabes(you need to decide what compliments they carry).

And the Virago with 60 StarVipers.

Silenceo has Black Squadron with 3 x 72 fighters and the lowest possible compliment for the Lusankya.

I believe it goes like this: six TIE Fighter squadrons to every TIE bomber squadron and two TIE Interceptor squadrons to every six TIE Fighter squadrons.

In other words Silenceo is bound to Imperial Naval policies where as you have picked a faction that carries whatever it wants whenever it can get them, so make your choice.

To start off, I would just like to know how long the battle of Endor was, because that will have a deciding factor concerning the shield strength of the Lusankya.

Also, the ENTIRE rebel fleet was concentrating on the Executor in that battle, and that fleet dwarfs your own fleet.

I am putting my fighters and interceptors out infront of the line for exactly the reason you are trying to exploit with your vipers, so that i can see anything that would be coming through, while not having the dog fight out of range of my ships in case of heavy corvette involvement.

I do wonder though, for mass drivers, since they are kinetic, does that mean they have solid rounds? Also note how my corvettes are along the line of the Lasankya.

Though the diagram was hard to read, i shall just explain how i meant to have them grouped.

Corvettes: 4 grouped loosely around the bridge of the Lusankya. 3 spread just past the bridge towards the left middle of the large ship. Last corvette is right where a trench run would typically start, at the begining of the trench.

Frigates: Two by the bridge. two by the left middle. two in the middle.

Capital ships.: One by the bridge. two in the middle. Targets enemy vessels in range such as corvettes, if it is a tractor beamed corvette will not fire upon it so it may be used against enemy. Un-tractor beamed corvettes will be shot, survivors will be shot again.

Fighters: Decent distance in front of the Lusankya broadside. Should enemy fighters/ corvettes pursue bombers 1/3 of them will give chase. Leaving enough to keep the remaining fighters occupied.

Bombers: As soon as the fighters engage heading straight for the Merciless' cannons to take them out.

Interceptors: Slightly behind the fighters picking off any that head towards the larger ships. Participates in the dogfight as needed.

Black Squadron: Guarding the rear of the bombers

Punishing One: Vanguard for the bombers.

Lusankya: Using Concussion missiles against any Vengeance frigates that come too close. Tractor beaming all corvettes either for capture or easy destruction. Their strength is in avoidance, not shields.

I left the tip undefended mostly because, well, due to the shielding being sectioned and nothing vital down there but more guns, would be a waste of ships.

While this only really covers about 7km or so due to how i imagine them positioned and the range of most of the weapons, it is easier to defend and concentrate firepower than the obviously thin 19k

For a trench run, don't the shields need to be down?

Modified the setup slightly to better deal with fighters/Merciless

On another note, what is to be done about the lack of information on the Vigil heavy corvette? Shall we assume? Count guns on random pictures of it? replace it? Give it a average corvette weaponry number? This is the part that now that i think about it is really biting me in the backside, should have chosen a corvette with more details on it.

Edited by Silenceo

What i have noticed through this is that all of the ships that Beni has, other than his fighters, his corvettes, and IG-2000, have very little defense against fighters. So, i plan on altering my fighter formation as soon as i have captured/ destroyed at least half of his corvettes or fighters, allowing my own to have a much easier time in exploiting such a weakness.