The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Fleet Battles Round 1 Battle 2 Silenceo vs Beniboybling

LadyKulvax

Does anybody have an accurate idea of how powerful the cannon blasts will be? All we have right now is assumptions. For example, do we know anything about the reactor that it uses, or if it had any predecessors? Field tests? Or some such? Regarding the reactor, we have only assumed as to which it compares to, with no concrete facts.

Though one question does come to me, won't being in stealth for so long drain some of that energy you need to fire that cannon to devastating affect?

Well I'm not sure you can actually charge it while in stealth. But we have plenty of game mechanics! So assumptions all the way around!

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody have an accurate idea of how powerful the cannon blasts will be? All we have right now is assumptions. For example, do we know anything about the reactor that it uses, or if it had any predecessors? Field tests? Or some such? Regarding the reactor, we have only assumed as to which it compares to, with no concrete facts.

Though one question does come to me, won't being in stealth for so long drain some of that energy you need to fire that cannon to devastating affect?

Accurate enough to hit a bridge 285 metres long, that's for sure.

And its shown itself capable of firing immediately after stealth, and to maximum effect. And given that all instances of ships diverting power to shields, batteries etc. has been instant, I'd assume the generators don't need to charge.

Though you seem to be forgetting that of my fighters, my Interceptors are on "Intercept" duty, aka shooting down crafts that fly past the dogfight. Since they were a bit behind the TIE fighters who ran into the buzz droids, the majority of them survived.

If you are indeed not disabling the Lusankya's weaponry as it comes into range as i suspected, that seems even more dangerous seeing how it will then be able to participate in the battle more than as just a target while it attempted to get more guns into range.

Also, how many skip rays? That decides HEAVILY how well the dog fight will go, how much damage will be done by your bombing runs, and what forces i will be able to move around. You addressed the topic, but you never decided.

I mean how accurately do we know the energy requirements and how much energy it has at its disposal, we already know it is accurate when it comes to actually firing. All we have right now for how powerful its cannon is game mechanics, and assumptions from other star ships.

Edited by Silenceo

The Merciless was a modified Aggressor-class Star Destroyer stolen from Imperial shipyards. It was painted black with white trims and had intimidating murals of a krayt dragon running along each side of the hull. It carried two massive, fire-linked ion and plasma cannons fixed to the front of the ship. The Merciless also was armed with a turbolaser battery on either side of the rear fins. The ship had a shield generator positioned on top of the bridge similar to the Imperial Star Destroyer. Tyber Zann also had a cloaking device installed to aid in stealth attacks.

That's the Merciless, take it or leave it. And here's some facts on the model in general.

Ships of the class were comparable in terms of size to the Galactic Empire's Imperial-class Star Destroyers and were armed with two powerful fire-linked guns fixed to the forward hull which fired a large ion pulse followed by an enormous, spiraling plasma shot. The ion shot disabled the shields so the plasma shot could do maximum damage. They were also armed with turbolaser batteries in their wings. However, once the main cannons were destroyed, the ship is nearly helpless against conventional capital ships with only one turbolaser battery on each side.

Although the class had heavy armor, they were cumbersome in battle and needed protection from quicker capital ships and their starfighters. These ships were known to utilize their self destruct mechanism when it was required to damage the enemy in a losing battle.

It trolls with destructive power instead of trolling with shields Aurbere.

My point is it doesn't have the regenerating shields necessary to minimize the damage of the mega-cannon.

I really don't think sacrificing the Merciless is necessary for victory.

2 IG-2000 failed against one Slave I.

Boba Fett is just too B@ for them.

Though, i am working on minimum fighter compliment....bah not worth the effort to try and get the full compliment *shrug*

Ahem, they only failed cause Boba was forced to unload his entire aresenal...it wasn't a dogfight. The two approached to get Han well and get revenge, and Boba just unloaded his entire ship on them. So just like with Bespin, Boba wasn't about to get into a fight with IG-88 cause he knew that wasn't smart so he tested his luck and it worked out for him.

Really IG-88 had some crappy deaths when it was figured that he would try to take over the galaxy, so they had to do away with him quickly.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Ahem, they only failed cause Boba was forced to unload his entire aresenal...it wasn't a dogfight. The two approached to get Han well and get revenge, and Boba just unloaded his entire ship on them. So just like with Bespin, Boba wasn't about to get into a fight with IG-88 cause he knew that wasn't smart so he tested his luck and it worked out for him.

Really IG-88 had some crappy deaths when it was figured that he would try to take over the galaxy, so they had to do away with him quickly.

Well it had to be, IG-88 cant beat the most interesting man in the galaxy. It just wouldn't be right.

That's the Merciless, take it or leave it. And here's some facts on the model in general.
Heavy armor eh? That would be useful when under fire from the Lusankya.
Also, how many skip rays? That decides HEAVILY how well the dog fight will go, how much damage will be done by your bombing runs, and what forces i will be able to move around. You addressed the topic, but you never decided.
72 Skipspray Blastboats

Well, i think 23 pages and a few days of debating is enough for this battle, I say we see what the judges decide?

How about it Beni, are you ready to lay the fate of this battle, in the hands of LadyKulvax?

Probably for the best.

And regardless of who wins lets let old grievances die.

I know we're not using Game Mechanics, however, I can say:

The Merciless hit's through both the Home one, and Executor shields, but only hits the one emplacement you target, and the rest of the shield stays up.

However the Plasma Blast wasn't powerful enough to one shot any emplacement, not even gun batteries. It's likely that's because it can't break through the entire shield.

The Bridge would have even more shields.

Again, it's only game mechanics, so take from it what you will.

I know we're not using Game Mechanics, however, I can say:

The Merciless hit's through both the Home one, and Executor shields, but only hits the one emplacement you target, and the rest of the shield stays up.

However the Plasma Blast wasn't powerful enough to one shot any emplacement, not even gun batteries. It's likely that's because it can't break through the entire shield.

The Bridge would have even more shields.

Again, it's only game mechanics, so take from it what you will.

The bridge is just 'one emplacement' - of which there is no evidence to suggest is more heavily shielded. Your also making the assumption that every gun has its only personal shields, it does not, there is an overarching 'veil' covering the entire ship, no point being weaker that the other. Regardless of were you strike the outcome will be the same.

And fortunately the Merciless will be firing an ion cannon first, followed by a charged plasma shot twice as powerful.

Take from that what you will.

The bridge is just 'one emplacement' - of which there is no evidence to suggest is more heavily shielded. Your also making the assumption that every gun has its only personal shields, it does not, there is an overarching 'veil' covering the entire ship, no point being weaker that the other. Regardless of were you strike the outcome will be the same.

And fortunately the Merciless will be firing an ion cannon first, followed by a charged plasma shot twice as powerful.

Take from that what you will.

You sort of missed the point.

Firstly, the executor bridge is more shielded, that's a given.

Secondly, it couldn't break through the Home one shield, and didn't finish off the gun with the Plasma shot. If it can't take out the gun through the tiny veil shield, how can it take out the Bridge completely when it has stronger shields?

Oh, and I have a theory as to why it didn't work.

The Ion shot isn't powerful enough to take out the shield completely, it's likely that the shields regenerate a bit in the short seconds before the Plasma shot hits, and thus has to hit through the shield and hit the bridge.....

So I guess, unless you hit a shield generator it won't be a one shot on an executor...

Actually, it is a fact that the bridge is the most heavily shielded portion of an Executor class vessel.

Bridge description of Executor-class from wiki: The bridge tower was almost a starship in itself and was a standard module on many different KDY warship classes.[2] It was equipped with heavy shielding to compensate for its highly visible location, and contained mess halls, special quarters for officers of high rank, and large escape pods.[2] The admiral aboard the vessel even had his own escape pod, directly above the command bridge and next to admiral's suites. The command tower also had its own power generators, relays, and life-support systems. It was connected to the ship's main reactor by a cluster of power feeds. The tower's shaft was also littered with thin flaps that had a variety of purposes, including heat-sink panels, small radiators, antennas, and even defensive cannons on occasion.

Found this on the wiki: The Executor-class was built with one main reactor and an unknown number of secondary reactors.

This could help explain how it was able to keep its shields up so long against the combined might of the rebel fleet.

Known shielding sections: Known shield segments included the dorsal, ventral, bow, aft, port and starboard shields.

Edited by Silenceo

You sort of missed the point.

Firstly, the executor bridge is more shielded, that's a given.

Secondly, it couldn't break through the Home one shield, and didn't finish off the gun with the Plasma shot. If it can't take out the gun through the tiny veil shield, how can it take out the Bridge completely when it has stronger shields?

Oh, and I have a theory as to why it didn't work.

The Ion shot isn't powerful enough to take out the shield completely, it's likely that the shields regenerate a bit in the short seconds before the Plasma shot hits, and thus has to hit through the shield and hit the bridge.....

So I guess, unless you hit a shield generator it won't be a one shot on an executor...

I think you have to bear in mind that this is entirely determined by difficulty level, and therefore unreliable. More reliable evidence would suggest that the Merciless is more than capable of taking down the Lusankya's shields.

I.e. on certain difficulty levels the Merciless is capable of breaking through the an SSD shields with a single ion shot, with the following plasma shot gauging a massive whole in the vessels hull.

And until by theory is disproven, I'm going to stick with that.

I think you have to bear in mind that this is entirely determined by difficulty level, and therefore unreliable. More reliable evidence would suggest that the Merciless is more than capable of taking down the Lusankya's shields.

I.e. on certain difficulty levels the Merciless is capable of breaking through the an SSD shields with a single ion shot, with the following plasma shot gauging a massive whole in the vessels hull.

And until by theory is disproven, I'm going to stick with that.

I've played on Medium difficulty, controlling the executor and the merciless to be sure.

Neither broke through... Not sure about Hard, but even then different results would be gotten from being on either side... I'm pretty sure Medium makes the most sense.

That's also why I put "take from that what you will" and "I know we don't use game mechanics" in the post...

Actually, it is a fact that the bridge is the most heavily shielded portion of an Executor class vessel.

Bridge description of Executor-class from wiki: The bridge tower was almost a starship in itself and was a standard module on many different KDY warship classes.[2] It was equipped with heavy shielding to compensate for its highly visible location, and contained mess halls, special quarters for officers of high rank, and large escape pods.[2] The admiral aboard the vessel even had his own escape pod, directly above the command bridge and next to admiral's suites. The command tower also had its own power generators, relays, and life-support systems. It was connected to the ship's main reactor by a cluster of power feeds. The tower's shaft was also littered with thin flaps that had a variety of purposes, including heat-sink panels, small radiators, antennas, and even defensive cannons on occasion.

Found this i just wanted to add on the wiki, The Executor-class was built with one main reactor and an unknown number of secondary reactors. This could help explain how it was able to keep its shields up so long against the combined might of the rebel fleet.

Known shielding sections: Known shield segments included the dorsal, ventral, bow, aft, port and starboard shields.

Fair do's. Though regardless of the Executor's number of generators, we are aware of its overall output. And in reality my theory leaves considerably room for more advanced shields. And that's just with the ion cannon.

Regardless, I have my contingency plans to fall back on.

Fair do's. Though regardless of the Executor's number of generators, we are aware of its overall output. And in reality my theory leaves considerably room for more advanced shields. And that's just with the ion cannon.

Regardless, I have my contingency plans to fall back on.

Like my scenario!

Totally the best.

Think about it dude...