The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Degauss.

WilliamMarshal

Well we have our god mode in the form of kolto overload, I mean that is insane, such a good skill. I never drop below 35% when its used and can survive multiple players or elites attacking me. I was just curious as to if degauss is worth it or not, getting mixed reviews.

Well we have our god mode in the form of kolto overload, I mean that is insane, such a good skill. I never drop below 35% when its used and can survive multiple players or elites attacking me. I was just curious as to if degauss is worth it or not, getting mixed reviews.

This skill is very useful - consider the following. Sniper is casting series of shots or ambush on you from 15 to 30 metres -> hit degauss. Depending on their accuracy (most people run around 97% I guess) has a 35% chance to be deflected. Let's say a merc electronet with hydraulic override up you and you are 25 metres away and starts casting unload then you hit this and have a 35% defence chance and most likely mitigate more than 3k damage. Also useful in raids if agro turns to you. I think you are not very wise to skip this ability - Pyro need every cooldown they can get!

35% is based of 5% defence chance + 25% + 2% from skills tree + 3% from (100-97 = 3).

This skill is very useful - consider the following. Sniper is casting series of shots or ambush on you from 15 to 30 metres -> hit degauss. Depending on their accuracy (most people run around 97% I guess) has a 35% chance to be deflected. Let's say a merc electronet with hydraulic override up you and you are 25 metres away and starts casting unload then you hit this and have a 35% defence chance and most likely mitigate more than 3k damage. Also useful in raids if agro turns to you. I think you are not very wise to skip this ability - Pyro need every cooldown they can get!

35% is based of 5% defence chance + 25% + 2% from skills tree + 3% from (100-97 = 3).

Unless it was changed in a follow-up patch, this 25% is full on defense chance, tech/force included. At the first day of 2.4 and on the pts I'm 100% sure that tech/force attacks get resisted.

So yes, hit this and it's essentially an average 25% damage reduction, although the burst-reliance of PvP makes this either more potent or less potent (sometimes you'll dodge more than 25% sometimes less) than a straight 25%.

Definitely take it, though.

Edited by Zunayson

I am committed to spending some time as pyro now.

I just picked this skill up tonight, I was using the pyro shield before 2.4 (because well, what else was there?)

I've got to say it was worth the swap. I've been looking for something to help close distance with mercs, and this is it.