The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Provide Credit To Players Who Had Full Sets BEFORE Collections added

Many of us had full sets of various equipment prior to the addition of Collections. Because inventory space is limited, sometimes you have to make hard choices about what you keep and you do not keep,

The later addition of Collections addressed that (you can recall something from your collection) but for people who had items previously that they had to drop/destroy in order to make room in their inventory there is now 'holes' in their collection that, by all fairness, should not exist.

For at least some of these things, BioWare should have a record. When they changed the appearance of a number of items they provided to everyone who had in their inventory or equipped the previous version of the item a 'classic' version of it as well.

My suggestion for this is to retroactively provide anyone who received a 'classic' version of an item, credit for having that item in their collection.

I know for my own part I had full sets (Classic and Normal) of the Spymaster's Gear, Trailblazer's Gear, Despot's Gear, Preceptor's Gear, Conservator's Gear. I had other things as well, but BioWare wouldn't have record of these, I don't think, because the 'classic' gear was sent through the in game mail system while these other things may be on record but much harder to data-mine out.

I think it would be good customer relations, just to go ahead and do this. It costs BioWare very little and is a small perk for people who have consistently been playing and _paying_ above and beyond normal to acquire stuff.

I'm sure they wont do it, but just putting it out there.

Why don't you just buy the rest of the set?

It's likely a question of price/availability. On my server, Revan's upper and lower robes are still available, the mask you can get from cartel certificates, but the gloves turn up very rarely on the GTN for north of 10M credits. From my observations (checking each day, once in the morning and once in the evenings), Revan's Sash is no longer available at all. The last one I saw was over a month ago and went for 20M credits.

They really should re-release the original packs again to replenish GTN opportunity for these items. There are a couple gen 1 items I have been searching for for months without ever seeing them. Likely because the drop rates for quality items in the first round of packs were terrible vs. round 2/3 (lots of one time use "junk") so less people bought the packs due to poor overall value. If they do re-release the packs, I hope they adjust the drop rates. Alternatively they could make all gen 1 pack items that are collectible available for cartel certificates but they really should do something. Especially when you consider that collections wasn't even available when the first packs came out so no one knew what they should keep and had to grapple with limited inventory space with bound cartel items which discouraged collecting.

I just bought this camera for $100 and the next day it was on sale for 50%! I should be compensated for the $50 I could have saved if I waited a day to buy it! Why didn't they tell me there was going to be a sale on the next day?! I feel ripped off! This is a slap in the face from the company that sold me that camera! :mad::rolleyes:

• 5 weeks later...
I just bought this camera for $100 and the next day it was on sale for 50%! I should be compensated for the $50 I could have saved if I waited a day to buy it! Why didn't they tell me there was going to be a sale on the next day?! I feel ripped off! This is a slap in the face from the company that sold me that camera! :mad::rolleyes:

You think you are being clever, but most stores/merchants will refund you the difference if they put something on sale and you bought it the day before. All you have to do is ask.

Many even make it a published policy, like a 15/30 day price match guaranty and some will even match competitors prices.

So.. your response is hardly as clever as you would have hoped.