The Dread War Grenade Issue

RomichGausser

Cybertech

All Cybertech grenades now bestow a new effect called Bastion on the target, in addition to normal effects. Players who have this effect applied are immune to further Cybertech grenade attacks for the duration of Bastion (3 minutes).

Now, I've been a cybertech on my operative the moment I've reached level 10. At the early game, biochem was the dominant crew skill but I've still decided to stick with cybertech because at the end it provided multiple rechargeable grenades. However, long time ago those grenades used to have a 5 minute cooldown, which was an extremely lengthy time. After a while, you (Bioware), have reduced its cooldown down to 3 minutes, to which I was eternally thankful. And even though I as a cybertech had the option to use any of the 5 rechargeable grenades if I've created all of them, it was still possible for those who did not have that particular crew skill to buy off the GTN lower quality grenades and use them (in warzones mostly). And other cybertechs were and still do make good money for trying to sell those grenades to others and I have no problems with it because its a normal business.

And here comes the problem with this patch . I've spent quite some time and resources trying to RE the lower quality grenades to create rechargeable ones. And as far as I've noticed, level 52 blue quality grenades outperform rechargeable ones by quite a lot but I've kind of understood the reason why it was like that even though I didn't quite agree with it. Now, you've implemented the new Bastion effect that makes people immune to cybertech grenades for 3 minutes after being affected by one. I can see why you've decided to implement it since a lot of people lately have been using a lot of these grenades. But I can't stop thinking that my crew skill has become gimped just because people were trying to make money by trying to sell their product. I can understand having that effect being applied and affected afterwards by single use grenades, but PLEASE, make that so the rechargeable ones will not be affected by it at all. It would only make it fair both to those who have cybertech and those who decided not to take it and just buy the grenades from the market.

People (including me) have worked pretty hard trying to get the cybertech crew skill to the highest level in order to get those reusable grenades so that they wont have to worry about wasting additional resources on trying to make more grenades for themselves. Don't cause people to suffer just because they chose that specific crew skill to benefit themselves.