The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Ten Most Powerful Starships.

LadyKulvax

Beni who runs the REAL Most Powerful Project has stated his preference for keeping that series strictly to Force Users. In light of this I decided that i would like to do a thread under his theme but based on starships.

This will not include Super Weapons as that shall have it's own thread, this thread will be based on canon with majority agreements, don't post top ten lists that are purely your own opinion we will work our way down from 1 to 10, one by one until the list is complete.

1.Assertor-class Star Dreadnought.

I would like to begin by stating that only ships of a size of a corvette or larger will be considered, freighters and such may gain their own thread in the future.

Edited by LadyKulvax

So to start with number one I propose this ship: Assertor-class Star Dreadnought.

Basically it is a mix of heavy durasteel plating, has an armoured city scape, has a hell of a lot of fire-power, back up shield generator towers, 28 thrusters and it's bridge tower is strongly defended.

More images:

http://media.desura.com/cache/images/members/1/610/609170/thumb_940x3000/KG_AH_ASSERTOR-024.jpg

http://th06.deviantart.net/fs51/PRE/f/2009/294/6/5/Empire_on_Patrol_by_specimen13.jpg

http://www.scifi-meshes.com/articles/images/anselstarwars/02.jpg

So to start with number one I propose this ship: Assertor-class Star Dreadnought.

Basically it is a mix of heavy durasteel plating, has an armoured city scape, has a hell of a lot of fire-power, back up shield generator towers, 28 thrusters and it's bridge tower is strongly defended.

Sounds pretty good. I'm thinking of countering with the Viscount, but the Assertor-class sounds pretty good.

Sounds pretty good. I'm thinking of countering with the Viscount, but the Assertor-class sounds pretty good.

The Assertor-class was built with the heavy armor of Mon Cal starships in mind, but also boasts a similar level of firepower to the Executor, which whilst 4,000 meters larger, lacked the armour or the back-up deflector shield towers that the Assertor boasts.

The Assertor also has heavy turbolaser cannons lined down it's cityscape for greater defensive firepower.

Was there not a thready like this before?

Oh, and are we using a Universal tech rule, or just going for Rise of the Empire - Post ROTJ era?

There was but it basically died and didnt settle much of anything.

Technology is likely not coming into this, more ship design and over-all capability, whilst technology can effect things, that is normally about energy output and to be honest, i doubt anything older than the Rise of the Empire is going to make it anyway.

The Assertor-class was built with the heavy armor of Mon Cal starships in mind, but also boasts a similar level of firepower to the Executor, which whilst 4,000 meters larger, lacked the armour or the back-up deflector shield towers that the Assertor boasts.

The Assertor also has heavy turbolaser cannons lined down it's cityscape for greater defensive firepower.

Fair enough. Alright, I can agree with the Assertor for #1.

<-------- Total Hapan Fanboy, lol

I propose........ the Legacy- Era Hapan Battle Dragon.... like a boss.

Also, does the Sun Crusher count as a ship?

Hapan Battle Dragons wouldn't be a match with any major capital ships that served at the same time.

The Sun Crusher is a super weapon and isn't allowed.

Hapan Battle Dragons wouldn't be a match with any major capital ships that served at the same time.

The Sun Crusher is a super weapon and isn't allowed.

But......but I love the Dragons. And they can 1v1 any Destroyer of the Legacy period. Keep in mind that I am talking of the Legacy-era ones, which have much higher tech than the ones utilized by the allied New 'Pubs.

But......but I love the Dragons. And they can 1v1 any Destroyer of the Legacy period. Keep in mind that I am talking of the Legacy-era ones, which have much higher tech than the ones utilized by the allied New 'Pubs.

The Legacy era didn't contain the Star Dreadnoughts or Star Defenders of previous years, the much larger ships of the past-times would be far too much in my opinion.

this sounds like a awesome thread to bad i don't know much about the ships in star wars so i'll just have to keep reading post about this thread to learn more. I was gonna op into your fleet deathmatch contets you are doing just for fun even tho i was probally gonna lose on round 1 but i didn't know much about ships and couldn't find anything on frigates or freighter for the old republic era of of imperial ships.

PS. I hope Harrower-class dreadnought makes it on the top 10 it's my favorite Star Destroyer Ship in Star wars:P

To note I suggest this don't include vague ships. IE: Ships with just turbolasers attached or torpedo launchers with no numbers as to how many.

The same goes for other equipment IE: Ship specs that just have equipped on them for the majority of their specs, it would be ok for some to just have equipped but not for every single spec stat.

If we are not counting fighter compliments that are standard with said ships, i think Allegiance- Class Battlecruiser could be a serious contender for 4-10. The first 3 are given ofc to the Star Dreadnaughts, though Allegiance-class ships did pack quite a bit of firepower as well as strong armor and shields, just not as strong as the larger ships.

I do not know much about the Imperious class, so i can not nominate it with a good conscious, though it probably is about equal if not greater *if for no other reason, tech advancements* to an Allegiance. Again, i can neither support or go against Imperious due to lack of knowledge on them.

Well lets see if we can reach consensus on number 1, does anyone agree or disagree with the Assertor? if the latter, which ship would you propose?

Well, if it truly is better than the Executor and Viscount, then I agree with the Assertor.