The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The BattleZone! Round 1 Match 14: Cin Drallig vs. Ki-Adi Mundi

Aurbere

Welcome to the fourteenth match of The BattleZone! Here we pit thrity-two of the greatest Jedi and Sith against each other to decide who is the deadliest combatant in the galaxy's history. Our previous match saw Darth Zannah defeated by Ulic-Qel Droma deep in the maze of Ossus' Great Library.

This match shall pit two of Master Yoda's students against each other.

Battlefield: Jedi Temple Archives

Lightsaber Skill:

Cin Drallig:

Cin Drallig was instructed by Grand Master Yoda. Through this training, Master Drallig gained a high-level mastery in six of the seven lightsaber forms, and possessed a working knowledge of Form VII, Juyo.

In combat, Cin Drallig uses Makashi, Djem So, and Niman, combined with Force Speed. His attacks are incredibly fast, powerful, and precise.

Ki-Adi Mundi:

Ki-Adi Mundi was a master of Ataru, the fourth form of lightsaber combat. He had developed a high-level mastery of Ataru, eliminating the weakness to blaster deflection. His skill against groups was limited. He could hold his own well, but coordinated attacks and continuous fire would eventually overwhelm him.

Master Mundi was also capable of surviving against deadly Jedi Hunter General Grievous, an opponent who fought using a powerful hybrid style the Jedi had never faced before.

He was also capable of holding his own against the Dark Jedi Asajj Ventress.

Edge: It is quite obvious that Cin Drallig is more skilled, but it is unlikely that his skills are enough to defeat Mundi outright. While Mundi could hold his own, the edge still goes to Cin Drallig.

Physicality:

Cin Drallig:

Cin Drallig is a human male past his prime. His reflexes have slowed, but his mind is still sharp. Other than that, he has nothing special in the way of physical capabilities.

Ki-Adi Mundi:

Ki-Adi Mundi is a Cerean of Cerea. He has two brains, and two hearts to supply blood to the brains. His two brains allow him to process information faster, and carry on multiple trains of thought at any given time. Cereans also pay great attention to detail, analyzing every minute detail.

However, Cereans are also cursed with a low male birth rate, as such, the ratio of females to males it twenty-to-one.

Edge: Cin Drallig is an aging human with no real physical advantages. Mundi has the physical advantages of his people. The edge is obvious.

Mentality:

Cin Drallig:

Cin Drallig is a Jedi Battlemaster, meaning he has advanced knowledge of all seven forms of lightsaber combat, giving him an edge against any opponent that doesn’t possess the same level of knowledge.

Ki-Adi Mundi:

As previously mentioned, Master Mundi is a Cerean. His two brains allow him to process information far faster than the normal human, giving him great tactical insight.

Cereans are also blessed with precognitive abilities on the same level as the most powerful of Jedi. It is highly likely that these natural precognitive abilities would only be enhanced by Jedi training.

It was Master Mundi’s mental processing power, extremely fast reflexes, and powerful precognitive abilities that allowed him to briefly defend himself after the execution of Order 66.

Edge: There can be little doubt that Cin Drallig’s advanced knowledge of lightsaber combat is a huge edge, but I feel that Ki-Adi’s natural mental skills more than make up for that. I feel that they are equal in this area.

Force abilities:

Cin Drallig:

As a Battlemaster, much of Cin Drallig’s focus was on refining his lightsaber skills, and teaching other Jedi. Thus many of his Force abilities went unused. He was still capable of basic telekinesis, as well as Force Pushes and Pulls.

Ki-Adi Mundi:

Ki-Adi Mundi was a powerful Force user, capable of projecting powerful Force Pushes, leap incredible heights, and heal broken bones.

He is also capable of using the Force in the midst of combat.

Edge: Cin Drallig’s abilities with the Force are rudimentary, and he has never really had to use the Force in combat. Ki-Adi Mundi has, so he gets the edge here, but it is not by a large margin.

Thoughts: Unfortunately, Cin Drallig suffers from little exposure. Something you can gather from the analysis. Also, I decided to omit Cin Drallig's offensive Force Bubble ability for obvious reasons.

So who will win? Who is truly superior?

On the physical thing...I don't think his reflexes nor his body would be slow. If anything I could see Cin as a peak human, he would have to be if he focused on lightsaber combat being a swordmaster and thus he would have to be fit to move and make powerful attacks his reflexes go hand in hand here.

The Jedi Path says that lightsaber combat instructors have slowed reflexes, but sharp minds.

I'm going to stir the pot a bit by making an argument for Mundi.

I think it is unfair to say that Cin Drallig's lightsaber skill is just going to clean house and that's that.

We have to remember that Mundi was able to hold his own (after Shaak Ti was removed) for a certain (it had to be for a good duration of time, all things considered) period of time against a style that the Order had never faced before. It is my opinion that Mundi can hold his own here.

Mundi also possesses incredibly advanced thinking capabilities, advanced precognitive skills, and highly advanced reflexes. Meaning that he can react to the changes in Drallig's style very quickly.

I'm going to stir the pot a bit by making an argument for Mundi.

I think it is unfair to say that Cin Drallig's lightsaber skill is just going to clean house and that's that.

We have to remember that Mundi was able to hold his own (after Shaak Ti was removed) for a certain (it had to be for a good duration of time, all things considered) period of time against a style that the Order had never faced before. It is my opinion that Mundi can hold his own here.

Mundi also possesses incredibly advanced thinking capabilities, advanced precognitive skills, and highly advanced reflexes. Meaning that he can react to the changes in Drallig's style very quickly.

Yet according to Dooku "Grievous' unpolished fighting style could not save him should he ever have to face off against Master Drallig." And this is Dooku we are talking about, who gives out complements sparingly to say the least.

Nor did said advanced reflexes or advanced precognitive skills prove useful when his clones turned on him. Or help him against the rapid changes and unorthodoxy of Grievous' style for that matter.

Nor did said advanced reflexes or advanced precognitive skills prove useful when his clones turned on him. Or help him against the rapid changes and unorthodoxy of Grievous' style for that matter.

He took a couple out on the way, better than Secura...

And *GASP* Plo Koon :jawa_evil:

Well, Plo Koon was in a starfighter. And I think its beyond even his abilities to bend blaster bolts with his mind. :jawa_wink:

Anyway get back to defending your faction in the Kaggath, its not up to me to do all the heavy lifting! :p

So I'm beginning to think you have forgotten the series of events in Mundi's part in Order 66. He turns around, figures out what is happening and stands his ground, taking out some of them before he is killed. He did much better than most Jedi that were killed. This is plainly obvious.

He did way better than most Jedi.

The fact is, he can think and react faster than Drallig.

Also, Beni, I think Mundi was able to adapt to Grievous' style to a point. He did manage to stand his ground alone until the soldiers arrived (though I think he was disarmed just as they arrived, so his abilities are limited).

So I'm beginning to think you have forgotten the series of events in Mundi's part in Order 66. He turns around, figures out what is happening and stands his ground, taking out some of them before he is killed. He did much better than most Jedi that were killed. This is plainly obvious.
Only because they took their sweet time before they shot him, and he was not in a vehicle. It displays nothing of his advanced precognitive ability, if anything that awfully perplexed look on his face does the opposite.

Only because they took their sweet time before they shot him, and he was not in a vehicle. It displays nothing of his advanced precognitive ability, if anything that awfully perplexed look on his face does the opposite.

Then I guess we interpret things differently.

He did way better than most Jedi.

The fact is, he can think and react faster than Drallig.

Also, Beni, I think Mundi was able to adapt to Grievous' style to a point. He did manage to stand his ground alone until the soldiers arrived (though I think he was disarmed just as they arrived, so his abilities are limited).

It will only really buy him time, the fact remains that he was defeated by Grievous' superior lightsaber ability. Likewise Cin Drallig will defeat him in the same way. Advanced reflexes might help him defend against Drallig's attacks but it won't make his own attacks any faster or more accurate, or more skillfully performed for that matter.

Cin Drallig as a master of all seven forms of lightsaber combat is more than capable of defending against Mundi's onslaught and on top of that is capable of exploiting its weaknesses. Inevitably Mundi will tire, Ataru not been suited to prolonged lightsaber duels, and when that happens reflexes won't safe him from Drallig's superior bladework.

It will only really buy him time, the fact remains that he was defeated by Grievous' superior lightsaber ability. Likewise Cin Drallig will defeat him in the same way. Advanced reflexes might help him defend against Drallig's attacks but it won't make his own attacks any faster or more accurate, or more skillfully performed for that matter.

Cin Drallig as a master of all seven forms of lightsaber combat is more than capable of defending against Mundi's onslaught and on top of that is capable of exploiting its weaknesses. Inevitably Mundi will tire, Ataru not been suited to prolonged lightsaber duels, and when that happens reflexes won't safe him from Drallig's superior bladework.

Finally! That's a whole lot better than this:

In regards to the battle, I see no reason why Cin Drallig would not win this. Its going to come down to a saber fight, and Cin Drallig cleans house. Mundi really doesn't have anything else he can bring to the table.

Managed to elicit a bigger response. Yay! :)

Well, I like to have someone to argue against before I post the big speeches.

Unless its some one like Savage or Malgus when I can just spam POWERRR! :p

I know what you mean. :p

I'll admit that I had a feeling that I would do most (if not all) of the support for Mundi. Unfortunately for Mundi, any other match-up (for both him and Drallig) would have been very lop-sided (not that this one isn't).

I'll also say that I love Cereans. Their physical capabilities are very cool.

I know what you mean. :p

I'll admit that I had a feeling that I would do most (if not all) of the support for Mundi. Unfortunately for Mundi, any other match-up (for both him and Drallig) would have been very lop-sided (not that this one isn't).

I'll also say that I love Cereans. Their physical capabilities are very cool.

Their heads are too big for my liking, a prefer humans, because I'm xenophobic. :p