The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Fleet Battles round 1 battle 1 Xakthul vs Aurbere

LadyKulvax

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Umm, the Bounty has 2000 Heavy turbolasers, 2000 turbolasers, 200 assault concussion missiles, 300 heavy ion cannons, 500 point defense cannons and 40 tractor beam projectors.

It also has backup shields (waits for the "shield while they shield" line.)

Now I don't know about you guys, but that seems like a lot of guns to me. I'd hazard a guess that its got more guns than the entirety of Xakthul's fleets combined. It can essentially sidle up to any ship that it likes and blow them to pieces within minutes. I mean really, what exactly is going to stop this behemoth from carving a bloody swathe through those Hapan Battle Dragons - which lets face it are flimsy in comparison, just look at that blatant design floor smack bam in the middle of them - and blasting the Song of War it kingdom come.

EDIT: And if they don't go down fast enough? Who the hell cares? I say to hell with that, plough right through them. Paper, meet gosh darn flaming mortar.

Because lets face it, 200 assault concussion missiles ripping those struts to shreds and colliding with those pulse mass generator tubes is going to be more than enough to literally cleave it in two.

My two creds.

Either you seriously overestimate your own forces, or severely underestimate mine. Probably both.

You have failed to take into account my frigates, and severely underestimate the MC90s. Dedicated warships of Mon Calamarian Design. These three vessels have far more firepower than your frigates do, and incredibly powerful shielding with powerful regenerative capabilities, and very strong armor.

Your Corvettes can't overwhelm mine through sheer numbers because they are numerically equal. It is far more likely that your Corvette's will be overwhelmed by the superior firepower of the DP20s. These vessels were designed to attack capital ships. They have way more firepower than your Corvettes, with roughly equal speed.

Also, I have about 472 fighters, some of which are some of the most advanced fighters the New Republic has ever built. That's not including Defender Wing.

As for the battle with the Viscount. You are correct in sending all of your Battle Dragons to attack it, but by doing this you leave the rest of your forces at a severe disadvantage.

The Viscount-class is a massive warship with over 5,000 weapons (2,000 heavy turbolasers, 2,000 standard turbolasers, 200 concussion missile launchers, 300 heavy ion cannons, and 500 point-defense cannons) better shielding than the MC90s, and incredibly heavy armor.

Time to reassess your position, yes?

Jeez never showed this much vigor in the Kaggath *mumble grumble*

I think we need to decide now, before we start any more matches, if we should be allowed to use anything of the star dreadnaught class. Because, lets face it, they have the firepower of 100 star destroyers, imperial class. If nothing else, should we not give those who do not have such ships a bonus to other ship numbers?

I'm just going to stick with countering Xakthul's arguments. Honestly, I'm not a battlefield tactician. I'm more of a campaign strategist. One can see my tactical deficiency in the kinds of units I pick. Just pick up the biggest guns and fire.

Bombshell, right? :p

Well, that does work to a degree, though i have been thinking of multiple ways to incorperate tractor beams into offensive weapons during an engagement.

But yes, i too prefer campaigns, i loved those things in EaW, am i right?!

Aye, loved having to out think my opponent in the grand scheme, rather than the simple battles. If you out due them fantastically grand scale, doesn't matter as much if you have massive casualties every battle. For example, i usually was able to draw out their force with a weaker fleet making them think it was my main fleet *due to it attempting to conquer their front-line worlds* when they threw everything they had at it, i would launch a strike on the complete opposite end of their territory, leave a small force to maintain orbit, tell land troops to go there, then send fleet to next system. By the time they got there, i usually had taken out 3-4 space defenses, and taken 1-2 land.

Aurbere, perhaps one day we could play a game? I am sure you would defeat me since i have done nothing strategy game related in the star wars universe in some time.

Will say don't underestimate the hapan ships here. They were designed specifically for speed and fire power. So with the extra battle dragons and with hapan ships at a smaller size also designed for this I believe he would near equal you in fire power but where your real advantage comes in is the hapans were not built around lasting combat they were all about hitting and hitting hard and then getting out Because of the Mon Cal designs all have fantastic shield defenses as one of their primary things though this means it negates the one strength the hapans generally have of pounding people to dust by forcing the fight to be drawn out longer something the hapan ships can not handle. So its not fire power giving Aurbere the edge, its staying power. The hapans can argueably equal Aurbere's ships in firepower but their Turbo lasers will overheat and need to recharge and because Aurbere's ships are built around defense they will be able to take that beating and return it in kind when the hapan ships are helpless.

Okay if anyone wants to start making some serious battle plans here, then this would be the time, if not we will move on to the final part of this debate.

Like I said, I'm not great with battlefield tactics, so I'll stick to countering whatever tactics Xakthul proposes.

Those that can only re-act will have already lost the war of actions. For those who will themselves to act before another, hold such an advantage. If their enemies will not act first, they have all the time that they need to make it so that they CAN NOT re-act. They can, and will, develop a decisive strike.

OK, I think I have developed a good strategy. Shocking, eh?

I am going to send my Flagship, Capital Ships, Corvettes, and fighter squadrons for full frontal assault.

The DP20s will aid in fighter support, using their laser cannons to take out fighters, and missiles to take out enemy Corvettes. They can also help in attacking frigates as well. My Capital ships will support the Bounty in taking out enemy frigates and capital ships. Their heavy shielding makes them nigh invulnerable to the frigates and Republic Destroyer.

Meanwhile, my frigates will perform flanking maneuvers to take advantage of the Battle Dragons tactic of rotating guns. Essentially, they should be able to target the Battle Dragons with little risk.

Xakthul's fleet can't afford to divide itself in attacking both attack groups when they have a Star Defender right in front of them. The Bounty is a major threat to Xakthul. He can't afford to bring anything less than the full firepower of his fleet to bear down on it. This is the same as the Battle of Endor when Admiral Ackbar commanded the entire Rebel fleet (a massive fleet in comparison to these fleets) to attack the Executor.

If they focus primarily on the Bounty, they leave themselves vulnerable to my B2s. If they divide themselves to protect their flanks, they then leave themselves vulnerable to the Bounty and the MC90s.

That's my strategy. Full offensive to take advantage of the Bounty's status as a big juicy target.

Well, i guess he could use bombers *if he has any* to fend off the frigates, but otherwise seeing what ships each side has, i would have to agree that flanking would disrupt the battle dragons rapid fire and cause them to ineffective.

Just, eh, watch out for suicide star fighters that may try and take out the bridge....it worked on the Executor, it might work on the Bounty... > : D

Well, i guess he could use bombers *if he has any* to fend off the frigates, but otherwise seeing what ships each side has, i would have to agree that flanking would disrupt the battle dragons rapid fire and cause them to ineffective.

Just, eh, watch out for suicide star fighters that may try and take out the bridge....it worked on the Executor, it might work on the Bounty... > : D

Any attempt to protect the flank will prove costly to the front. Each option will have consequences.