Bounty Hunter Merc Stat Ratios

Pinkjello

question,

does crit go based on damage or damage +bonus damage?

seems if crit damage is based off of damage + bonus damage (from aim and power) then power should be weighted more as it influence how much you crit for pre-mulitplier.

Combining all these you'll see that you should stack Aim, CritRating and Surge (and some Accuracy to get the 100%). That's it.

Skimmed through the thread and they don't seem to talk much about power at all (probably because it seems like a per class thing). Am I wrong or is there somewhere they point out why Power is bad? 'cuz if there's not my own experimentation shows that power is vastly better than anything else, but I could ofc be wrong.

Edited by Airees

We did some recalculations on that, having the outcome, that Power indeed is a mayor factor, that comes in considering total damage output.

It also came up, that power influences your damage output on a per skill used base.

There are coefficients for every skill used, that influence the portions Power and Surge that give the optimal results.

So far we came to some rule of thumb, where the ratio between Surge and Power should be 3 to 2 to receive a optimal outcome.

Rule of thumb, because Power is more valued on high coefficient skills, whereas Surge is more valued on skills with a lower coefficient.

But as seemingly our main abilities have a coefficient around 2, the 3 to 2 ratio (eg. 600 Surge to 400 Power) is pretty solid.

Edited by Gorlough

From what I've seen in-game, Tech Power only comes from weapons (maybe implants, haven't gotten any yet) and Power is an Armor (possibly Implant) secondary attribute. I believe they gave them the same ratios for bonus healing as to keep some kind of balance. I haven't seen any mod for a weapon that increases Power, or Tech power for that matter.

I just reached a similar conclusion in regards to the Tech Power to damage ratio before I saw this. Oops.

I think Tracer Missile benefits from Tech Power and not weapon damage, which would explain why it's doing 500 less damage than Power Shot in Champion gear... but looking at this it still seems like Crit and Surge Rating are far and away our best DPS stat next to Aim since Tech Power increases damage by such a piddly amount for what we get on our gear. Weapons are the only items I've seen with a significant amount attached to them, on armor it's usually 70-80 power at best.

Edited by Rimbaldo

Tech Power can be seen as a constant, as it's value is directly attached to the weapon rating of the barrels. Its effects are not to be neglected, as they scale pretty good in terms of bonus damage/healing. But as only the barrels provide it, there's not much you can do about it besides using the best barrels on both of your guns.

How important would you say Aim is for PvP for an Arsenal Merc? As far as I know all tech attacks have 100% chance to hit so would it be worth it capping at 100% accuracy for ranged when only Unload and Rapid shots would be effected?

• 2 weeks later...

I dont get how Power is not the next best thing after AIM for Merc healers?

Since nothing els really gives healing bonus stats then aim pwoer and tech power? Having overall large heals must be the best thing due to the fact we get heat really fast?

With armourmech i really cannot see any thing wrond with going with an item with gives me aim+endurance+power+alacrity+surge/crit? then just high aim, endurance and crit ?

Or am i completly wrong here?

Since nothing els really gives healing bonus stats then aim pwoer and tech power? Having overall large heals must be the best thing due to the fact we get heat really fast?

With armourmech i really cannot see any thing wrond with going with an item with gives me aim+endurance+power+alacrity+surge/crit? then just high aim, endurance and crit ?

This is my understanding too.... power/alacrity for a bodyguard healer, crit/surge for an arsenal dps (to a limit), etc.

Is there more to it? From the discussion in the other posts, it sounds like power is not scaling as well as crit/surge for healers, but it seems odd if it is intended that bodyguards be a crit-heavy healing class... but not totally unheard of, either, i suppose...

PS great post by the OP. this should be stickified in this forum... :cool:

Edited by scootle

This is my understanding too.... power/alacrity for a bodyguard healer, crit/surge for an arsenal dps (to a limit), etc.

Is there more to it? From the discussion in the other posts, it sounds like power is not scaling as well as crit/surge for healers, but it seems odd if it is intended that bodyguards be a crit-heavy healing class... but not totally unheard of, either, i suppose...

PS great post by the OP. this should be stickified in this forum... :cool:

well crit/surge (to a limit) is all about bursting, crits vent heat, and if you are going to crit more increasing the multiplier just plain makes sense.

once you have hit the limit (commonly 30-40% crit and 85-100% multiplier are quoted) then power all the way as it does not appear to have diminishing returns (from what i read, unverified)

pvp + burst = wtfpwn + getting focused fired by the other side and dying a lot

Power is ruce for pyrotech.

Yeah Tech Power is a given, the only time it might not be worth taking is if the secondary stats on the weapon really screw things up.

I'm still sitting in the low 30s on crit and mid 80s on surge while stacking power like crazy now. The DR on Crit and Surge are just too high now, Powers eems to be giving me the best gain currently.

It gets confusing though because as power goes up it makes crit and surge more effective again so there is going to be some point where eventually power overwhelms those diminishing returns again.

For the Adrenals and Relics it is hard to argue against Power though. When you're temporarily adding around 1000 of a stat (Adrenal + Relic) at the same time, the DR completely destroys Crit and Surge's effectiveness, especially when you're already starting to feel the DR just from normal gear.

Tier gear really makes things hard too. I'm transitioning from Columi to Rakata gear now as Arsenal and it goes from being loaded with Power to being loaded with Crit. I had to use Crit/Surge (Medic) implants to cover the lack of Crit in Columi gear but now as I approach full Rakata I'll probably have to get my hands on some Power ones because my Crit will be way too high and Power way too low. I just can't stand being above 40% buffed power as Arsenal, the DR is just way too high at that point.

I'm also noticing some severe DR in the crit gained from Aim as I am now over 1900 buffed and it barely even moves my crit rating anymore.

Edited by Lightmgl

Cross posting this here hoping to get some input:

I take it there's diminishing returns on primary stats, because I'm noticing that aim is..... pretty bad after a point.

With my current gear, 1 point of Aim is worth .19 Bonus damage and .0065% crit.

1 Power Rating is worth .23 bonus damage

1 Crit Rating is worth .035% crit.

So basically, 1 aim is slightly worse than 1 power (because of the extra 9% aim I get per point due to talents it pumps up to .209 bonus damage, still worse than .23).

For +healing the ratios are the same, though the values are lower

One point of Crit is worth nearly 55 times the amount of crit rating you get from a point of aim, so figuring that into the value of a point of aim when comparing gear is pretty much worthless

Basically, secondary stats > primary stats. This makes crafted gear superior to T3 outside of the set bonuses.

My stats:

1777 Aim

115 Cunning

259 Power

353 Crit

302 Surge

242 Alacrity

0 Accuracy (I'm a healer yay)