Is Anyone Else Getting This....

midianlord

...Weird and very annoying glitch, here since the last patch or two. This example is taken on Rep-side Balmorra, haven't been anywhere else yet today.

It happens when you pan the camera about especially if you do so sharply/repeatedly, kinda cuts-in and out as you do so. Never seen it before, and no, EAWare, I'm quite sure that it's not my machine or connection.

Screenie

Update:

This only seems to happen in Balmorra out-doors scenes/renders. Indoors --in tunnels/caves, buildings, or whatever, those latter seem fine. (Oh well, almost done on Balmorra, which is good, because I didn't actually need another reason to detest that piss-poorly designed needless time-sink of a planet, but now I've got one).

E:

It's doing it on Quesh, too, again out-doors only, although seemingly not as much. Is it a shader/lighting-contrast rendering issue? Not my area of expertise, this.

Edited by midianlord

It's doing it everywhere out-doors that I've been to:

Pan the camera around and things will flicker in and out of existence and occasionally the avatar will disappear. This made for an "interesting" few moments during an Ancient Hypergate WZ I just played.

It has not happened in any in-door scene for me at all, though. (You'd think very high-load areas like Fleet would have this, but zero problems there.)

Anyone whose area of expertise this is, care to comment? My card and comp's been running cool as a cucumber this whole time.

Nope.

Running the repair-tool seems to have helped, though. (I probably should run mine more often, files do get corrupted, after all.)

Just strange that it only happens out-doors, in high-shader/high-contrast areas. That's why I'm thinking fundamental rendering-issues.

Edited by midianlord